Georgia Third Graders' Revenge Plot Against Teacher - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02

Thats all very debatable, the cookie monster could of sent us here for all you know.

Has man not Evolved parenting or did it just come naturally?

Old 04-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

If only men looked like that now

Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
I think children are given to parents as empty vessels and we as parents will stand before God one day and have to answer for the things we did or did not teach our children.

It's will be actually that simple.
So moms and dads do your best here.

dbs
I believe parents should have the desire to take an active role in raising their children to be good people of sound character and integrity, and that this desire should be completely independent of any specter of being judged by a higher power. They should do it simply because they want their children to be good people, not because it will win them brownie points with God.

I suppose the brownie points wouldn't hurt, though.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:36 PM
And we may not have any control over *who* the ultimate dispenser of said brownie points are-but may find ourselves pleasnltly suprised one day.

dbs
Old 04-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02

Has man not Evolved parenting or did it just come naturally?
I say both have worked together interchangably.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #21
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

I believe parents should have the desire to take an active role in raising their children to be good people of sound character and integrity, and that this desire should be completely independent of any specter of being judged by a higher power. They should do it simply because they want their children to be good people, not because it will win them brownie points with God.

I suppose the brownie points wouldn't hurt, though.
Well said and I Agree. I saw this story on the News last night and gasped when I heard it. THIRD GRADERS?!!! Something right there is so VERY wrong!

The parents of those 3rd graders should not get ANY brownie points at all!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #22
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:36 AM
That's a rather large number of kids involved, too many for bona fide psychological abnormalities to be the major reason. If it were a smaller number (though, I guess there were "only" 3 presumed would-be attackers?) then I'd maybe speculate one seriously messed-up kid, plus a couple others who were highly socially dependent/needy types and thought they were showing how bold they were by going along with it. But that's just speculation.

I would hope all nine kids are ordered to be evaluated by a child psychologist, then required to attend some minimum number of family counseling sessions with their parents/guardians, but my guess is probably not.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I can only say that more and more, the television and the video games are responsible for influencing the children that are sent to me for discipline.

And children in the third and 4th grades are now using sexual terms more and more frequently, and children in the second grade are bringing items purchased at army navy stores into schools.

What will it look like in twenty years?
Old 04-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
That's a rather large number of kids involved, too many for bona fide psychological abnormalities to be the major reason. If it were a smaller number (though, I guess there were "only" 3 presumed would-be attackers?) then I'd maybe speculate one seriously messed-up kid, plus a couple others who were highly socially dependent/needy types and thought they were showing how bold they were by going along with it. But that's just speculation.

I would hope all nine kids are ordered to be evaluated by a child psychologist, then required to attend some minimum number of family counseling sessions with their parents/guardians, but my guess is probably not.

Absoutely, whether a leader or having been led, this is a red flag that shouldn't be excused away.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Oh yes, I agree. But parents allow their kids to watch inappropriate television, make excuses for their kids when they fuck up, and generally set very poor examples for their kids.
How true those third grade kids were in a special education classroom for behavior disorders. Most parents fuck up their children by trying to be friends with their children instead of parents. I worked with behavior disorders, abused and neglected children for ten years. Some people shouldn't have children and there are bad parents in all social, and economic classes in America. Disney Land parents can be the worse.
My son's friends parents thought that I was Hitler because I ground my son, set limits and took his video games, T.V., phone, etc. away when he acted up so he would learn to think of the consequences of his actions. I taught him to treat people with respect whether you liked them or not. He was a poor student in school because he was bored, but I didn't bail him out. I told him and his teachers that he could stay in the 8th grade for another year because he wasn't doing his school work. Junior High sucked because at that age kids can be a pain in the ass.
Now he is in college and top of his class. This week three national honor colligate societies invited him to join. I had to brag about that, because being Hitler paid off.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:55 AM   #26
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:36 PM
We had a 4 1/2 year old at work try to murder his 2 year old sister by setting fire to her cot. She was saved by the mum waking up to the smell of smoke in time. It was a culmination of many issues, television not one of them. He had a history in his very short life of animal cruelty and attempts before to hurt his sister and also his mother.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

When I heard this story, I have to say that I wasn't surprised. It didn't even shock me a little. I am very involved in my kids school activities etc. and see alot of what goes on in school and after. There are some really mean and rotten kids out there and I have to say that the parents of them are the ones who think there kids are all that and have no clue as to what is going on in their lives.

Its hard work being a parent and not all fun and games, some parents turn the other cheek to avoid the hard work. There are times when I can't take it anymore and want to run away, then I realize my responsibility to my kids. I always feel that I and my hubby are responsible for my kids actions.

I actually tell my kids who they can hang out with in school and who to stay away from. I also set limits on video games and only allow certain ones, same goes with Itunes and what they watch on TV, I can't even say how many channels I have locked. I am not trying to shield them I am trying to have them be shocked when they hear certain things so with current events and the like I make sure they know whats going on in the world.

Its ashame because some of these kids could be totally innocent and just followed the lead of another. Theres always a ring leader and the followers. I don't think that out of 9 kids all of them understood the reprocautions they were getting themselves into.