George W. Bush = IS A DIRTY DOG?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2003-10-20T144715Z_01_GALAXY-DC-MDF388182_RTRIDSP_2_USREPORT-BUSH-MOTHER-DC.jpg

Fiercely proud of their son's achievements, former President Bush said his wife treated the president like any other member of the family, recently telling him after a run to get his feet off the table in their bedroom.

However, Mrs. Bush said the current president frequently declined to do what she said. "He still doesn't take my advice, that dirty dog."

the REAL DIRTY DOGS..

The real dirty dogs are the people and pundits who take quotes out of context.. :)

Here's the entire article..

Close This Window
Barbara Bush Calls Democrat Line-Up a 'Sorry Group'
Mon October 20, 2003 10:15 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former first lady Barbara Bush and mother of President Bush described Democrats trying to unseat her son in the White House as a "sorry group" of politicians.
"So far, they are a pretty sorry group if you want to know my opinion," said Mrs. Bush in an interview aired on Monday by NBC's "Today" show, when asked about the Democratic line-up for the 2004 presidential election.

"This is the world according to Barbara Bush, not George, not George H.W., not anybody" she added.

Her husband also had some harsh words for the Democratic contenders whom he accused of using "vicious rhetoric."

"The one who makes the most outrageous charges against the president gets his 20 seconds on the evening news. Hey I did not ride in here on a watermelon cart. I know how it works," said the former president.

Fiercely proud of their son's achievements, former President Bush said his wife treated the president like any other member of the family, recently telling him after a run to get his feet off the table in their bedroom.

However, Mrs. Bush said the current president frequently declined to do what she said. "He still doesn't take my advice, that dirty dog."

DB9

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's going to happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it's, not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?" Barbara Bush (mother of GW Bush), 04/16/03

Here is the whole quote and the context it was made in:

The following is from an immensely interesting transcript of Barbara Bush on an ABC-TV morning show. She was asked if she and her husband, the former president, watch television.

"He sits and listens and I read books because I know perfectly well that - don't take offense - that 90 percent of what I hear on television is supposition, when we're talking about the news. And he's not, not as understanding of my pettiness about that. But why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's going to happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it's, not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that? And watch him suffer."

Amazing what a little context does.....She did not articulate her thoughts well in my opinion, but it certainly changes what she was saying.

Context or no context, she sounds like a fool in that statement. It's not relevant? Yikes.

Are you saying you do not understand what she was trying to say? I understand what she is trying to say as I said, she said it poorly. out of context it is horrific.

No, I get what she's trying to say, but I still think that it sounds idiotic. It's terrible wording, you are right.

Back
Top Bottom