George Harrison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
As you all probably know by now, George Harrison has cancer and hasn't long to live. I've never been a HUGE Beatles fan, mainly a Wings fan, but I have nothing against him, and as a Christian I am going to pray for his salvation. I invite all my Christian brothers and sisters on this forum to do the same.

80s-

That is so very strange that you posted this. Yesterday when I was leaving home it was really put on my heart to pray for George's salvation...Funny how God works. By the way, do you know exactly what George's beliefs are? My Sweet Lord sounds like he may have some mix between Hari Krishna, Tibertian Buddhism and the Judeo-Christian God. Maybe that's just good old religious pluralism. I heard that John Lennon began writing many songs with Christian symbolism in them but that Yoko has kept them underwraps. Any of you heard about that? Also, what beliefs if any do Paul and Ringo espouse? The Beatles used to be my alltime favorites before I heard U2.

Originally posted by socalu2fan:
By the way, do you know exactly what George's beliefs are? My Sweet Lord sounds like he may have some mix between Hari Krishna, Tibertian Buddhism and the Judeo-Christian God. Maybe that's just good old religious pluralism. I heard that John Lennon began writing many songs with Christian symbolism in them but that Yoko has kept them underwraps. Any of you heard about that? Also, what beliefs if any do Paul and Ringo espouse? The Beatles used to be my alltime favorites before I heard U2.

The most recent religious discussion I have heard from George Harrison led me to believe that he follows some form of Hare Krishna belief. He said that he likes Christ and His teachings and does believe him to be A son of God, but not THE Son of God, as he does not believe there to be just one, which goes along with some Krishna-related doctrine, perhaps a watered-down Hare Krishna.

Paul, if anything, may be agnostic or unitarian. I think I've read where he also does not believe Christ to be THE Son of God.

Ringo may actually be somewhat of a Christian believer; he has done a Chirstmas album with secular songs and traditional spiritual Christmas songs. He was involved in a film in the early 70s with a title having something to do with "The Magic Christian," but I am not familiar with the story or content.

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 07-23-2001).]

Originally posted by socalu2fan:
80s-
I heard that John Lennon began writing many songs with Christian symbolism in them but that Yoko has kept them underwraps. Any of you heard about that?
yeah, in fact, I read some exerpts from some books in which the authors state that in the time before his death, either John actually became a Christian or was leaning that way. He was defintely saying some Christian things. Word is that Yoko either talked huim out of it or persusded him not to state it publicly.

It seems like he is not close to death after all, the reports were completely untrue and he is living in fine health after treatment for brain cancer.

~rougerum

I can't even begin to imagine what kind of people would make up a rumour like that. Or, if it is indeed true and George Harrison just doesn't want it made public, to go and tell the newspapers anyway.

Originally posted by rougerum:
It seems like he is not close to death after all, the reports were completely untrue and he is living in fine health after treatment for brain cancer.
~rougerum
Thank goodness!!!

Back
Top Bottom