George endorses Jeb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
From CBSnews:

(AP) President Bush suggested Wednesday that he'd like to see his family's White House legacy continue, perhaps with his younger brother Jeb as the chief executive.

The president said Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is well-suited for another office and would make "a great president."

Can't they just go the hell away?? :madspit:

W is loyal to Jeb

but they are not loyal to Harris?

What does this say about the 2000 election?

katherine-harris-horse.jpg

Didn't you guys have a big war to get rid of monarchies?:wink:

trevster2k said:
Didn't you guys have a big war to get rid of monarchies?:wink:

They're starting to realise their mistake but don't have the guts to admit they'd rather be a constitutional monarchy in the Commonwealth, so they're going to establish their own one. :wink:

Diemen said:
So far as I can remember there was only one Kennedy president. The Bush's already have that beat.

Unfortunately. :D

extreme measures prevented second Kennedy
and enabled second Bush.

how's that for
VRWC

Diemen said:
So far as I can remember there was only one Kennedy president. The Bush's already have that beat.

RFK would have been a great president, perhaps even as good as the US's greatest ever, FDR.

Still, as good as those two were, what the world should do is have a collective war against Nepotism, and encourage, and then eventually realise, genuine meritocratic principles.

It is highly hypocritical of a country like the US, who's very existence is partly based on distancing itself from the Monarchial system of rule, to continue to constantly contaminate the political landscape with people who are, more or less, only there because of who there, brother, father, husband or granny was.

It's corruption, and it prevents normal people from aspiring to make a difference politically, hence producing a stagnant and conservative political landscape.

It even happens in Australia...(beazley, crean)

Gore/Warner.

seriously.

though Nathan's ticket hopes would actually do wonderful things for America -- the diversity of the candidates might do much in the name of social healing.

Imagine - intellectually rigorous debates among a diverse group of qualified candidates not only good at playing the political game but also at standing by principles.

^ true -- love any of them or hate all of them, they are very smart, capable, often eloquent people who i hope don't have to humiliate themselves by dumbing themselves down for the campaign

Irvine511 said:
Gore/Warner.

seriously.

though Nathan's ticket hopes would actually do wonderful things for America -- the diversity of the candidates might do much in the name of social healing.

Gore or Clinton tickets are definitely what Republicans would like to see in 2008 as well. Either one would get slaughtered in a race against McCain.

STING2 said:

Gore or Clinton tickets are definitely what Republicans would like to see in 2008 as well. Either one would get slaughtered in a race against McCain.

oh, okay. that settles it. thanks.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he was privately approached about his interest in becoming the NFL's next commissioner.

Bush said Tuesday the issue was discussed at a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Sr., according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Rooney's brother is Dan Rooney, owner of Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and co-chair of the search committee looking to replace the retiring Paul Tagliabue.

"I met with Mr. Rooney and I said, `I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things,'" Bush told the newspaper.

Bush has said he will not run for president in 2008. His final term as governor ends in January, although he doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind living in a constitutional monarchy because I like the idea of a non-partisan head of state. But the Bushes are the Partisans From Hell, so they don't qualify. I wish that stupid family would just go away.

Back
Top Bottom