General Wesley Clark for President!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2003, 03:21 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:16 AM
General Wesley Clark for President!!

I have never been more dissapointed in a president or as scared for my country's future as I am right now with Bush.

But I don't see many great options in the Democratic candidates. I like Kerry, but he doesn't seem to be getting enough popularity behind him to matter. I think Dean is a BIG mistake. I think Democrats jumped on the Dean bandwagon early on as an emotional decision linked with Iraq.

Now there is an emergence of a possible candidate that would be able to literally make Bush and his shaky credentials look like the absolute joke they are.

General Wesley Clark. A Rhodes Scholar, 4 star General, and former Supreme Commander of NATO just to name a few honors to his credit.

He is pro-choice, anti-Iraq war, but is also very responsible and moderate in many views that appeal to me.

I'm asking you to go take a closer look at him and if you like what you see, to get involved.

And he has now just beaten Bush 49% to 40% in a blind bio test. Which pretty much means over all parties (Republican, Democrat, Independent) chose Clark's credentials over Bush's. This does not take name recognition into account.

go to - draftwesleyclark.com

Old 08-25-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:16 PM
Re: General Wesley Clark for President!!

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish
And he has now just beaten Bush 49% to 40% in a blind bio test. Which pretty much means over all parties (Republican, Democrat, Independent) chose Clark's credentials over Bush's. This does not take name recognition into account.

Is this his primary appeal?

Old 08-25-2003, 03:30 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks!! I'll check this guy out. I would love it if we could dump Bush.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:37 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: General Wesley Clark for President!!

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Is this his primary appeal?
check out the website for more details. I'm sure they can explain it better than I.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh, also just a cool bit of info. The co-founders of the Draft Wesley Clark Movement are a Republican and a Democrat. Neither of them think that Bush is making the grade and think that he's gotten himself into such a predicement on several issues that he is only going to dig himself and this country deeper into trouble. That really mirrors how I feel, so Clark is really appealing.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:51 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

I guess my question is: Is Wesley Clark the best person to lead the country or is he the most likely candidate to beat GWB?
Old 08-25-2003, 03:59 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I guess my question is: Is Wesley Clark the best person to lead the country or is he the most likely candidate to beat GWB?
That's why I like Clark. Look at the man's credential's. His background. He doesn't just eclipse Bush, but the other Democratic candidates. If you look at the numbers of who has the best chance at the moment to beat Bush, then you may very well support Dean. But my point is that Dean's background is so overwhelmingly strong, that it would boggle my mind how anyone could look at him side by side with any other candidates of any party and not completely agree that he's the best man for the job.

I'm an independent, and I vote on the issues. Bush has failed me on the issues. He made a lot of promises during his campaign and I agreed with lots of things he said. I voted for Gore in the end, but it wasn't an overwhelming feeling for me. I liked things about both candidates. Well, I like everything I see about Clark, all I read, and every interview I've seen.

i'm going to support him because he's the best man for the job.

Bush has proven he's not.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:03 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:16 PM
I've been looking at Gen. Clark since earlier this summer when I saw him on Meet The Press. and have already been to the web site. He's impressive to say the least.
In answer to your 2 question's nbcrusader, maybe so, to both.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:14 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

I went to the web site. If he runs, he's going to make GWB very nervous, indeed.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:05 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This is exactly why the GOP power brokers ordained W in 2000.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:24 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
This is exactly why the GOP power brokers ordained W in 2000.
Is that what you call the primary race between Bush and McCain?

A much closer fought race than Gore v. Bradley....
Old 08-25-2003, 06:40 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

We had a thread on Wesley Clark back in the fall. I have been watching him closely. He has not declared yet and as long as he does not declare he will maintain relatively high approval ratings. The press does not follow non-contendors so little if anything is known about him. That makes him strong right now.

I will say this about him, I am interested in him. He was outspoken about NOT going into Iraq, especially alone. He has been very clear from the start that we need more troops in Iraq. He himself has said however, that he is obviously a STRONG candidate based on his Military and International experience. He also said that it is obvious that his weakness is in the area of Domestic policy and working with a Congress.

I am not sure this is what we need domesticly. The true test will be when he announces what will happen.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:49 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well, he also has a Masters in Economics from Oxford. So I would think that he may be able to have a little better grasp on the budget than our current commander and chief.

I agree that it's his foriegn policy, his intelligence, and just high profile decision making that are his strong suits. I think that because he hasn't declared yet that we haven't been able to hear about what he would do domestically. But from what I've heard from him on domestic subjects in interviews with him, what he says falls into line with what I'm looking for.

But you have to admit that right now it wouldn't hurt having someone with a better grasp of a realistic foreign policy to take the reigns.

FYI - In an earlier message i made a typo and made a statement about "Dean's background and credentials" and I meant Clark's.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:15 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

That are a lot of good sites out there about Clark. Here is a link that reviews his views on issues like foreign policy, homeland security and domestic issues.

http://www.DraftClark2004.com/issues.asp
Old 08-25-2003, 07:47 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

He said that he would announce within the next couple weeks whether or not he'll run...but I think I read this last week, so maybe we'll hear something in a week or so. He is pretty promising, strength-wise, but I'll have to hear his platform on some key issues first.

Melon