gayest. pope. ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
[q]A Holy Roller

Thursday, January 19, 2006; Page H03

The pope who wears Prada has a new set of chic custom wheels.

Pope Benedict XVI, who has made headlines with his high-style red designer loafers and his Gucci shades, is tooling around the grounds of Vatican City in an electric car outfitted in luxurious Natuzzi Italian white leather. His latest fashion statement was donated to the pontiff by Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), a subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler, and Natuzzi.

"It was a very special project and an honor to be involved in it," said Daniel Tranchini, chief global sales and marketing officer for Natuzzi, the world's largest manufacturer of leather upholstery, calling us from the International Furniture Fair in Cologne, Germany.

The car, which bears a vague resemblance to a golf cart, has the papal seal on the front and back and was made for short hops behind the walls of Vatican City. No word on whether there is a papal putting green out there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/18/AR2006011800483.html

[/q]

Good to see that donations are going to the right place, but at least he has come out and said that Intelligent Design has no business being taught in science class. :wink:

Wow, they elected a pope that can't walk now ? Besides, he used the money the fellows gave to the Vatican to buy that thing... quite frustrating. Poor Catholics.

I am a Catholic and I dissaprove of this very much. He should give all of that up or sell it and give the money to the poor.

have you seen the pope's latest outfit?

wu-liberace.jpg

:tsk:

That's Gay :lol: Way to go pope and embarres your flock of followers. Did Ambremhoff get to him.

Well, I wouldn't really expect him to drive an '88 Camry or something. At least it's a donation.

Obviously I have no personal stake in how the Pope comports himself, but I do find it amusing sometimes how wholly people misread the tradition-steeped pageantry and iconography surrounding the pontiff (and some other orthodox patriarchs as well) as being nothing more than vain and prissy frippery. There may be an uneasy rub with certain Christian values there, but there's a long history of ritual symbolism underlying it too, which in my view isn't inherently a bad thing.

Justin24 said:
That's Gay :lol: Way to go pope and embarres your flock of followers. Did Ambremhoff get to him.

Yeah in other news I heard that the Vatican is going public with an IPO next week. Shares will start at $100 and all additional profits will go towards saving child molesters and funding extravagant lifestyles.

Back
Top Bottom