gay parents "comparable" to straight parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
like every child raised by the traditional hetero couple turns out to be a perfect little angel with no issues whatsoever. good parents are good parents and bad parents are bad parents, be they a man and a woman, a man and a man, a woman and a woman or a pack of wild monkeys.

:heart: Headache

dandy said:
it seems to me that if same sex couples continue to be restricted from adopting, the studies on whether or not they're effective parents will continue to be scarce and "flawed" due to lack of data. kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, isn't it?

Good point, how do they get *any* information on how gays do as adoptive parents if they're not even allowed to adopt? They should be allowed to because I think the matter is important enough to get the information. If it's found that gays make good parents, let them adopt.

diamond said:
i dunno about all this.

in the beginning it was adam and eve, not adam and steve:sexywink:

dbs

Well, if Adam and Eve are doing such a bang up job at parenting, why are there so many kids who are unloved, abused and in need of good homes?

well well well

hello there Diamond Dave

:wave:

in my opinion ,there so many kids without parents , no guidance , lots of monsters around , so if a gay couple wants to adopt , have a real family , no problem at all , it's better for everyone , morals for people , less chance that kid would end up on the street with junkies and homeless people
parenthood , love , kindness , life values
those things are important to promote and spread

Bono's American Wife said:

Well, if Adam and Eve are doing such a bang up job at parenting, why are there so many kids who are unloved, abused and in need of good homes?

two words:
free
will

Headache in a Suitcase said:
like every child raised by the traditional hetero couple turns out to be a perfect little angel with no issues whatsoever. good parents are good parents and bad parents are bad parents, be they a man and a woman, a man and a man, a woman and a woman or a pack of wild monkeys.

:up: :applaud:. Exactly. Well said.

I agree with indra, though, one would think that sort of thing should be pretty obvious without people having to do studies on the topic to prove it even more.

Also...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I dunno about you.

Adam and Eve's son killed his brother.

Good parenting.:|

Ha! Good point!

Angela

martha said:

How generous of you.

How about research into how fucked up kids from hetero marriages can be? maybe we should license ALL parents before they can raise children?

I know kids from hetero marriages with really fucked up "expectations."

Couldn't be more true. I never understood why you have drivinglessons and such but can make children whenever you like without any proof of being able to raise it with love care and respect. How many children out there who are being abused by soms idiot trash dad or drunk mom...I'm all for gay couples being able to adopt a child.

NewsChannel 5, Nashville
March 27, 2006

Rep. Debra Maggart (R-Hendersonville) said she still believes homosexual couples should not be allowed to adopt children. In fact, in addition to e-mail correspondence with a master’s student at Vanderbilt publicized recently, in which she said as much, she has also said homosexual couples may molest the children they adopt. "We also have seen evidence that homosexual couples prey on young males and have, in some instances, adopted them in order to have unfretted access to subject them to a life of molestation and sexual abuse," she said.

In the e-mail with the Vanderbilt student, Maggart said research shows most homosexual couples have numerous emotional dysfunctions and psychological issues that may not be healthy for children.

"In all cases to paint with a broad brush strokes is unfortunate," said adoptive parent Dr. Christopher Harris. Harris is a pediatrician by day and a single gay adoptive parent by night. "She brings such joy into my life," he said. "It's always said a pediatrician doesn't finish his training till he or she has a kid."

Harris fits every requirement for the state's definition of a good adoptive parent: loving, healthy and financially stable. He is also gay--and for Maggert, that means he's unqualified. "I have strong convictions. I just feel kids in our foster system have been through enough. They need the optimum family unit, and that is a mother and a father," she said.

Harris said a career in pediatrics has shown children of gay and lesbian parents turn out just fine. Maggert said it's just the opposite, and the research she's read comes from a variety of sources, including the ACLU and Focus on the Family, a Christian group.

[q]"We also have seen evidence that homosexual couples prey on young males and have, in some instances, adopted them in order to have unfretted access to subject them to a life of molestation and sexual abuse," she said. [/q]

words are insufficent to convey the anger i feel at the hateful horseshit spewing from her vile mouth.

i've spent my entire life working around and for children, even what i do now is educational in content and nature. for that fucking horror of a human being to suggest, even for a moment, that i am more inclined to molest a child by virtue of being gay makes me literally want to slap the lying mouth off her bigoted face.

no, i'd never actually do that.

but the impulse is real, and visceral, and i wonder if anyone else would react any differently if you were accused of being a suspected child molestor with no other evidence than pure prejudice and hatred.

"In the e-mail with the Vanderbilt student, Maggart said research shows most homosexual couples have numerous emotional dysfunctions and psychological issues that may not be healthy for children."

My parents must be VERY gay

Eureka, that's it!

And yet she says nothing about the statistics on how many mothers molest their own children. Something I learned when my father worked at a boys home.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Way to free that mind...

I just want to say, why is it that someone who has different belife such as arball get treated as an outsider?

Rep. Debra Maggart (R-Hendersonville) said she still believes homosexual couples should not be allowed to adopt children. In fact, in addition to e-mail correspondence with a master’s student at Vanderbilt publicized recently, in which she said as much, she has also said homosexual couples may molest the children they adopt. "We also have seen evidence that homosexual couples prey on young males and have, in some instances, adopted them in order to have unfretted access to subject them to a life of molestation and sexual abuse," she said.

Research from peer-reviewed, unbiased sources that I've read unequivocally states that the vast majority of male pedophiles who sexually abuse boys indentify as straight in their adult relationships.

It's my fondest desire that crap research be done away with. :|

Justin24 said:

I just want to say, why is it that someone who has different belife such as arball get treated as an outsider?

You can't see the difference?

Please Justin...

If the person came in and made at least an attempt to make an intelligent argument it would have been different. But they didn't they came in and called the thread a waste and just chalked it up to not being "natural". Why because it didn't fit in their box? You can do better than that.

Back
Top Bottom