gay men smell different - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

But that doesn't mean they have changed their genuine sexual orientation. It means they are traumatized and in denial. I, too, know people who fall into this category.

p.s. I saw you dance with Bono in Denver. I was 2 or 3 people to your right.
On point #1: Im not claiming to be an expert on sexual orientation or anything like that. Im just using what Ive seen and experienced.
All I know is that a few of my friends "knew" and just waited to come out.
And the person close to me told me flat out that she was damaged by her father and brother and now chooses women over men as companions. But she told me shes still attracted to men, just doesnt want to deal with them anymore...

On point #2: Sweet! you were there? That was my first show, I was in rapture
Did you see me freeze in the beginning?

Old 05-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl

But she told me shes still attracted to men, just doesnt want to deal with them anymore...
Which is exactly the point I was making. Her sexual orientation hasn't changed but she's made a choice from a trauma. I know a number of women in this situation. But women are also more likely to make that choice than men because women seek emotional gratification in relationships more than sexual gratification (lesbians have less sex than anyone else, so the stats report).

Quote:

On point #2: Sweet! you were there? That was my first show, I was in rapture
Did you see me freeze in the beginning?
Yes, and then I saw you take control of the situation much to Bono's surprise.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Which is exactly the point I was making. Her sexual orientation hasn't changed but she's made a choice from a trauma. I know a number of women in this situation. But women are also more likely to make that choice than men because women seek emotional gratification in relationships more than sexual gratification (lesbians have less sex than anyone else, so the stats report).

Yes, and then I saw you take control of the situation much to Bono's surprise.
I agree with what you say about women seeking emotional satisfaction from a relationship.
For some reason its always appeared to me that more men "come out" and more women make the decision because of trauma. But that could be for other reasons too. I know more lesbians that have chosen not to tell anybody that they prefer women (not by choice) and live their lives in secret.

I got some guts somewhere between Bono kneeling to kiss me and him getting back up
Old 05-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:

I agree with what you say about women seeking emotional satisfaction from a relationship.
For some reason its always appeared to me that more men "come out" and more women make the decision because of trauma. But that could be for other reasons too. I know more lesbians that have chosen not to tell anybody that they prefer women (not by choice) and live their lives in secret.

I got some guts somewhere between Bono kneeling to kiss me and him getting back up
Just one more point, a man who was abused as a child by a woman (hey, it happens) would be highly unlikely to then choose to be with a man as an adult (unless he were genuinely gay, of course). The damage would reveal itself in other ways.

The dance was cute. I enjoyed it and was glad it was you and not me!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Just one more point, a man who was abused as a child by a woman (hey, it happens) would be highly unlikely to then choose to be with a man as an adult (unless he were genuinely gay, of course). The damage would reveal itself in other ways.

The dance was cute. I enjoyed it and was glad it was you and not me!
I didnt know that...kind of strange the way women and men react to things differently.
But if a man's brain is telling him to basically mate mate! Populate the earth! Then he might have different responses to sexual abuse. He might try and control his wife or something like that.

Youre nuts! You wouldnt want to have a spin with bono? He smells so good
I cant believe you were so close to me though. It was great having Bono and Adam by us so much
Old 05-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:32 PM
please please please tell me what Bono is like up close
Old 05-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
It's because a woman can "fake it" in a marriage. All you need is the man to be sexually aroused, and the woman can lay back and pretend to be interested. Then voila! You have a baby.

Men, however, are in a much much more difficult position to "fake it." It happens, yes, but I would imagine that it is a lot more difficult.

Melon
Old 05-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

It's because a woman can "fake it" in a marriage. All you need is the man to be sexually aroused, and the woman can lay back and pretend to be interested. Then voila! You have a baby.

Men, however, are in a much much more difficult position to "fake it." It happens, yes, but I would imagine that it is a lot more difficult.

Melon
I dunno what women youre talking about but it sure isnt me!
*ahem*

Irvine...do you really wanna know about Bono?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

yes.

he's my "trauma" ... the video for "one" ... in the bar ... the blue eyes ... the smoldering i-am-a-tortured-irish-warrior-rock-star-poet looks ...
Old 05-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
yes.

he's my "trauma" ... the video for "one" ... in the bar ... the blue eyes ... the smoldering i-am-a-tortured-irish-warrior-rock-star-poet looks ...
you sound like a PLEBAn!

He smells gourgeous I think he was wearing dune by dior
And I got Bono sweat on me (still havent washed the shirt I was wearing)
His hands are thick and strong...he had a tight grip on me when we were running together.
And he was rubbing my back and holding me cloooooose.
I put my fingers in his hair too

Enough of that in FYM. This is PLEBA talk
Old 05-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

maybe i should poke my head in there one of these days ... i emailed your description to a friend of mine.

her respopnse: "holy crap. that's hot."

i will now only purchase Dune, by Dior.

anyway ... one thing i find interesting about sexual abuse (ew, can't believe i wrote that, but i will make a point) and homosexuality is that many people try to point to a correlation between the two, and it is true (i believe ... can't cite a study right now) that gay teenagers are more likely to be abused. but this comes down to a chicken-and-egg question: does being abused "make" someone gay, or is someone more likely to be abused because they are gay.

i think with boys, in particular, some of the signs that might lure a pederast are characteristics that many gay teenagers have: feeling/looking/acting notably different from his peers, shy, quiet, sensitive, etc. basically, being vulnerable. this is not to say that the strapping captain of the football team isn't gay, but that gay kids, in general, are more likely to be social outcasts in high school whether or not they are out.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think you have a really good point about gay teens being more likely to be abused.
They might have lower self esteem as well, that makes them more vulnerable and eager to be accepted (if they are keeping their preference secret)
That sucks

http://forum.interference.com/showth...0&pagenumber=1
heres a link to the story I told after I danced with Bono. I remembered more as time went on but you might like this
Old 05-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Re: gay men smell different

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i think sexual attraction has lots to do with smell.
I think you're absolutley right, at least for me it does.

It brings up interesting questions about those who date online.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:24 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Re: Re: gay men smell different

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I think you're absolutley right, at least for me it does.

It brings up interesting questions about those who date online.
ask my fiance, I go NUTS over smells. Every time I smell a yummy cologne I get all giddy
But I met him on interference and fell in love with his personality...we had to meet in person for me to make up my mind but I honestly did fall for him as a person before anything physical came into it.
And then I realize hes totally adorable and its some delicious icing on the cake

*edited to say* that he sent me some stuff for christmas that smelled like him so maybe Im full of shit
Old 05-10-2005, 12:38 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

when i say smell, i'm talking about more than a good cologne.

of course, good hygene is expected (at least for me ... i brush my teeth 3x a day and often shower twice a day), and it's nice when someone has nice smelling soaps or whatever (dated someone for a while who had *the best* shower gell ... he imported it from England, and just the smell of it ), but i also think that some people's bodies just smell right to you. you might not even notice their scent, as it were, but you'd notice if some people don't smell right to you (they might smell right to someone else). it's very subtle, perhaps subconscious, but i really do think that has a lot to do with attraction, especially once you're past the initial stages of attraction and moving on to real intimacy.