Gang-Rape Cover-Up by U.S., Halliburton/KBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Ok, in cases such as this I always try to think 'how would I feel if this was my daughter, sister, or mother.' I'd be furious, outraged, and I'd want answers.

Wouldn't this outrage you? A woman is allegedly raped and important elements of the kit used to examine her and collect evidence that, in theory, would help find the perpetrators, are missing.

The facts of the Duke case, in my opinion, have no bearing on this particular case. The Duke case, I believe, suffered from a lack of evidence and flimsy, at best, testimony from the alleged victim. In the Halliburton case, she can't prove her case because the evidence that was collected mysteriously disappears! Therein lies the difference.

And yes, it really is that bad. Not only for the rape, which is bad enough, but because these contractors seem to believe, wrongly I might add, that they are above the law.

BonoManiac said:

And yes, it really is that bad. Not only for the rape, which is bad enough, but because these contractors seem to believe, wrongly I might add, that they are above the law.

Precisely.

Deep, since you started the thread and posted the original article, maybe you can clarify...was your point that she is lying and this isn't a big deal after all?

Liesje said:

Deep, since you started the thread and posted the original article, maybe you can clarify...was your point that she is lying and this isn't a big deal after all?

There have been so many atrocities that have happened over there.

I can't even begin to list.

How many people have been killed by contractors or enlisted men that were doing nothing but living their lives in their own country?

thousands, tens of thousands?

We barely see the tip of the ice berg

If it is not reported, it did not happen

I am outraged by this story - 100 % outraged

but in the scope of crimes that have occurred over there

on the one to ten scale?

there are far too many that are 2, 3 and 4 points higher

So is this only a 6?

Keep in mind - I am 100% outraged!

Will there be any justice?

Are worse crimes being ignored?

This one may hit home, because we as Americans can relate more to her. I have two younger sisters that are blond, blue eyed that resemble her.

But what of Abeer Qassim al-Janabi?

Abeer means "fragrance of flowers." She was 14 years old.

The soldiers noticed her at a checkpoint. They stalked her after one or more of them expressed his intention to rape her. On March 12, after playing cards while slugging whisky mixed with a high-energy drink and practicing their golf swings, they changed into black civvies and burst into Abeer's home in Mahmoudiya, a town 50 miles south of Baghdad. They killed her mother Fikhriya, father Qassim, and five-year-old sister Hadeel with bullets to the forehead, and "took turns" raping Abeer. Finally, they murdered her, drenched the bodies with kerosene, and lit them on fire to destroy the evidence. Then the GIs grilled chicken wings.

Yes, we only care about blond blue eyed Americans and not the 14 year old girl or atrocities committed by Americans. So is that why you started this thread, so you could scold us for your (incorrect) assumptions? To that I give another :rolleyes:

It's not cryptic

Back
Top Bottom