Gang-Rape Cover-Up by U.S., Halliburton/KBR - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
Indeed. I hope they get the proper punishment for this. That's awful, I"m sorry for what happened to her . I'm glad to see she's speaking out.

Angela
In the October issue of Vanity Fair, I was so outraged by an article I read regarding the billions of taxpayers money stolen, transferred to off shore banks or just given out by the millions to contractors, I thought it was inconceivable.

Of course that was before I read about the above.

That article stated:
In one of his last offical acts before leaving Bagdad, Bremer issued an order - prepared by the Pentagon, he says - declaring that all coalition force members "shall be immune from any form of
arrest or detention other than by persons acting on behalf of their Sending States" Contractors also got the same get-out-of-jail- free card. According to Bremer's order, "contractors shall be immune from"
...basically everything.
How the hell can this happen. We, a civilized country being run by and to a greater extent, represented by - despots.
That makes us no better than the countries we are trying to defend against these types of atrocities.
I really just don't know what else to do, say or write to someone about. Just doesn't seem it will do any good.

It's completely reprehensible.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Where are the apologists?

Nothing???

Hmm...

Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
In the October issue of Vanity Fair, I was so outraged by an article I read regarding the billions of taxpayers money stolen, transferred to off shore banks or just given out by the millions to contractors, I thought it was inconceivable.

Of course that was before I read about the above.

That article stated:
In one of his last offical acts before leaving Bagdad, Bremer issued an order - prepared by the Pentagon, he says - declaring that all coalition force members "shall be immune from any form of
arrest or detention other than by persons acting on behalf of their Sending States" Contractors also got the same get-out-of-jail- free card. According to Bremer's order, "contractors shall be immune from"
...basically everything.
Wow. That's really classy, lemme tell ya .

Despite that, I still hope she gives them some serious hell, 'cause quite frankly, they need it. There's no excuse for this. None.

Angela
Old 12-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

Wow. That's really classy, lemme tell ya .

Despite that, I still hope she gives them some serious hell, 'cause quite frankly, they need it. There's no excuse for this. None.

Angela
You're right ... and even though I have these moments of feeling totally inadequate to do anything... I'll keep fighting and writing and ranting untill I loose my right or mind, to do so.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

This woman is very brave. Poor thing. No one should have to go through these things in any lifetime.

I hope the culprits are punished gravely.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
This woman is very brave. Poor thing. No one should have to go through these things in any lifetime.

I hope the culprits are punished gravely.
Me too. And I applaud this woman for stepping forward.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

ABC News: The Blotter
Another KBR Rape Claim Brings Scrutiny

December 13, 2007

Justin Rood Reports:

Congress is asking questions about another ex-employee of government contracting firm KBR who claims she was raped in Iraq.

Letters to the Pentagon and the Justice Department today from Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla. underscore congressional concern about a second alleged assault, this time of a woman from Florida who reportedly worked for a KBR subsidiary in Ramadi, Iraq in 2005.

"I am deeply troubled by recent reports that at least two women who worked in Iraq under contractors for the Department of Defense were sexually assaulted by male coworkers," Nelson wrote Defense Secretary Robert Gates Thursday.

In particular, Nelson expressed concern that in the case of Jamie Leigh Jones, the U.S. Army doctor who examined her turned over the rape examination kit, thought to contain useful evidence, to KBR officials. In the letter, Nelson also asked for an investigation to determine how many rape examinations were performed by U.S. military doctors in Iraq, and what was being done to ensure the cases were prosecuted.

In a separate letter to Attorney General Michael Mukasey, Nelson asked why there has been no criminal prosecution in the case of the alleged Florida victim. The woman, reportedly now 41, has alleged she was raped in her living quarters. She has sued KBR and Halliburton in civil court, but the judge ordered the case into private arbitration.

Contacted Thursday, the woman's lawyer said the rules of arbitration prohibit her from discussing the case or making her client available for an interview.

In the woman's complaint, filed earlier this year, she alleges that in December 2005 a drunken KBR co-worker let himself into her living quarters and raped her. The woman worked as a Morale, Welfare and Recreation Coordinator in Ramadi, according to news accounts and Nelson's letter.

In a statement, KBR said it "in no way condones or tolerates any form of sexual harassment." It declined to comment on the Florida case, "as this matter is the subject of ongoing litigation."
Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Just watched ABC's 20-20 interview with Jamie Leigh Jones.
Reportedly she's going before a congressional hearing on Capitol Hill next week.
That was a quick segment. Less than 15 minutes.
There wasn't anymore than what has been told here.
Congress is reportedly outraged!
But since the rape kit was given to KBR security and has since disappeared, who knows.
I Truly hope she can get justice.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

I saw the 20/20 segment too, it was unbelievably short given the magnitude of this story.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 AM
I saw it, too.

There was a second woman that came forward and reported physical harassment and worse, nothing was done. It was covered up and she was blamed.

But what is the magnitude?

Is this really that bad?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Um, ok
Old 12-17-2007, 03:00 PM   #27
War Child

Haliburton is so evil and corrupt, I wouldn't be surprised at anything.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Is this really that bad?
Are you serious?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
KBR hearing centers on handling of rape kit

By DAVID IVANOVICH
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

ALLEGED RAPE IN IRAQ

Former KBR employee tells her story WASHINGTON — A former KBR worker who says she was gang raped while working in Iraq told a House panel Wednesday that an Army doctor who examined her after the alleged assault turned the physical evidence over to KBR security personnel.

And at some point, some of the medical evidence apparently went missing.

Jamie Leigh Jones, 23, formerly of Conroe, was calm and controlled as she told a House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security how her life changed in July 2005.

Four days after arriving at Camp Hope in Baghdad's "Green Zone" to work for the Pentagon's largest military contractor, Jones accepted a drink from a group of company firefighters.

"I believed that we were all on the same team," she said.

She awoke the next day, bruised and bleeding between her legs. She was taken to an Army support hospital and examined. The physician, Jones said, told her it was apparent she had been raped.

The doctor took photographs and prepared what's known as a "rape kit," containing forensic evidence, and handed the materials over to KBR security personnel, Jones told the panel.

KBR spokeswoman Heather Browne, in an e-mail Wednesday, said a company security coordinator "was given the sexual assault examination kit by the Army hospital upon Ms. Jones' release from the hospital.

"The kit was transported with Ms. Jones back to Camp Hope and was placed in a safe in the KBR security department's office," Browne said. "The kit was released by KBR Security to State Department investigators when the investigators arrived three hours after the kit was received. KBR Security secured a signed property/evidence receipt from the State Department."

Jones said she spoke earlier this year with a special agent of the State Department Diplomatic Security — the State Department's law enforcement arm — who was unaware of the rape kit's existence.

Eventually, the agent found the kit, but the photographs and doctor's notes were missing, Jones said.

KBR officials say they have no knowledge of any materials that have gone missing. KBR declined to address other specifics from Jones' testimony, citing ongoing litigation.
Is it really that bad?

I wonder what really happened?

Remember the Duke case.

If she can't prove her case.

No evidence - no case.

They are innocent.

Aren't we making a molehill out of a mountain?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

No evidence - no case.

Yes, it's REALLY that bad.

You're the one that boldfaced the part about the rape kit.