G. W. Bush may be a good prez but I think he's a nutcase some of the time - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2002, 08:13 PM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Jesse-
What the hells gotten into you lately.
Melon -
Is there any help for you?
Sula-
I am proud of you.

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Old 01-13-2002, 09:05 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Well, if you prefer a president who cheats on his wife by having sexual relations with an intern half his age and then lies about it to a federal grand jury, and sells military secrets to the Chinese; if you prefer him over a president who "fumbles" his words in speeches, that's your decision. But for me, I'll take the word fumbler any day.

Good point, but then, as evidenced by your moniker, you actually think 80's U2 music is best - so clearly you are insane.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 01-13-2002).]

Old 01-13-2002, 09:44 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TylerDurden:
You mean the 'Pakis' comment?
I can only hope he never has to refer to the people of Nigeria.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 01-13-2002, 09:47 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:Melon -
Is there any help for you?
I'd ask you the same question, but I don't like to ask questions I already know the answer to.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 01-13-2002, 09:52 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Stereotypically, the Democrats are teh nastiest out there
I see you don't watch the Fox News Channel, nor have paid attention to the last twenty years. Democrats are spineless.

Melon

------------------
Old 01-15-2002, 07:40 PM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Lemonite;

The Kyoto Protocol is NOT a piece of shit, though your president thinks it so.

America doesn't even account for 1/6th of the world's population, but produces a ridicuolous amount of polution, more than 2/6ths in fact. I forgot the actual percentage figures as I was conducting research for an essay on the Kyoto Protocol a while back, but the fractions are corresponding. Believe me, on the spot, such statistics proves that America has more than an obligation to pay for the pollution it produces, it owes much more than a mere duty.

The abandonment of the Kyoto Protocol was a terrible token of American Industrial arrogance, a crowning gesture from a nation that is perfectly willing to pump god-knows what into the atmosphere, but not to pay for it; with great power comes great responsibility, Lemonite, and this concept of power applies to economic power too. America should pay, probably more than anyone, and its as simple as that.

With your example of China, let me just add that China has a substantially larger population than the USA's, and somehow consumes LESS of the Earth's limited resources than the USA. China, with a larger population, still consumes less resources and produces less polution.

No, I did not like Bill Clinton because he bowed down to my country, as you so eloquently put it, if anybody did any bowing at all, I'd say it was OUR prime-minister Tony Blair who's had his nose firmly stuck up America's arse for ages, as was the nose of his predecessor John Major and countless before. I liked Bill Clinton because he, for whatever reason he may have had for doing it, showed a sign of humility in what he did. ie - he did not act as if America was the only country in the world and abandon the Kyoto Protocol.

Ant.