G. W. Bush may be a good prez but I think he's a nutcase some of the time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemonite...you crack me up. But it is something I'd expect the Second Eye of Mullah Omar to act like.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

i believe all i said was i couldn't remember what i was going to say, followed by me telling you to eat the crust. i don't see how this is so insulting.

i, however, can't remember the last time i have been so insulted by someone who clearly has nothing better to do than to spend their time saying everyone who doesn't agree with them is the epitome of dog shit. it's your loss, it sure as hell ain't mine.

------------------
when you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.
ME!

Originally posted by adam's_mistress:
That's nice Lemonite, to start ripping people (thereby ripping their character) based on their political stance - for the sole purpose of playing the villian, or just to get a rise out of people and "keep the forum more interesting" as you put it.

Nice one, mate.

This forum is plenty interesting as it is without people (and you aren't the sole culprit here) ripping into others and judging their character because they don't stack up to your political prowress.

It's pretty fucking sad to see both sides thrashing each other just for fucks's sake of it all. Whatever. It gets real old real fast seeing republicans bashing democrats, and democrats bashing republicans. If any of you (and you know who you are) want to better represent the party you respect, then you'd refrain from the arrogant insults and have a bit more self control when formulating a rebuttal.

Ah yes, I am however waiting for a detailed report on the tens.. maybe fifteens of those others who resort to degrading remarks and personal attacks.. Let's try to keep a bit of integrity in justice My dear brothel inhabiting sugar, but also.. 'note'.. yes... I did just write note, I don't drop bombs on people due to a lack of a point or evidence on my issue, There is always substance, and nothing is without warrant.. Have you noticed the random interspersings of 'Hee-Hee' or words such as 'diatribe' written in the posts, Anyways, enuf with that, it pains me to have to justify, but I do wish to live here in peace and everlasting happiness. .. that is until I forget to take my Morphine and Speed concoction but Miss Mistress, because you were so kind, I'll give ya'll a little more pristine behavior and be a good natured Compassionate and loving, and nurturing, and caring, and romantic, and all out gloriously intelligent conservative that we all Know us republicans to be... Soooooooo.. Anyone notice how Hot Bono looked today?! hahaha...

Lemonite Unplugged
~A Walking Damascus

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:

Why does politics have to be about opposite groups arguing then one group "winning" at the expense of other groups?

because that's what it is. my political beliefs are better than yours.
chuck in the same bin as religion.

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Ah yes, I am however waiting for a detailed report on the tens.. maybe fifteens of those others who resort to degrading remarks and personal attacks.. Let's try to keep a bit of integrity in justice My dear brothel inhabiting sugar, but also.. 'note'.. yes... I did just write note, I don't drop bombs on people due to a lack of a point or evidence on my issue, There is always substance, and nothing is without warrant.. Have you noticed the random interspersings of 'Hee-Hee' or words such as 'diatribe' written in the posts, Anyways, enuf with that, it pains me to have to justify, but I do wish to live here in peace and everlasting happiness. .. that is until I forget to take my Morphine and Speed concoction but Miss Mistress, because you were so kind, I'll give ya'll a little more pristine behavior and be a good natured Compassionate and loving, and nurturing, and caring, and romantic, and all out gloriously intelligent conservative that we all Know us republicans to be... Soooooooo.. Anyone notice how Hot Bono looked today?! hahaha...

Lemonite Unplugged
~A Walking Damascus

OK, fair enough. lol! Thanks for the (my) tee hee. That was actually a brilliantly concocted post, really I'm being sincere here!

As long as I know you meant no personal harm (or else I'd have to spank you and uh, I'd have to charge you for that. Kidding, kidding...) No harm no foul? - sometimes it gets a bit, well, difficult to see what a person is getting at when they write in a forum, let alone a thread where tempers flare and emotions are at stake. I just like to see things civil and peaceful though Free Your Mind has a tendancy to become a spectator sport for me, that's all.
wink.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
This is turning into a zoo.
rolleyes.gif

This is turning into a zoo? Really? Ha. As it always does in FYM when it breaks off into teams and there's a flamin and tensions are high for 60+ posts.

More threads like these need comedic homor to break the tension, wind down the hostility of this thread. What's so wrong with that? I quite like it better than things ending on a sour note.

This is turning into a zoo? Really? Ha. As it always does in FYM when it breaks off into teams and there's a flamin and tensions are high for 60+ posts.

More threads like these need comedic homor to break the tension, wind down the hostility of this thread. What's so wrong with that? I quite like it better than things ending on a sour note.

lol. I think you misunderstood me. The zoo I was referring to was the stupid flame war. Not the humor element.
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
lol. I think you misunderstood me. The zoo I was referring to was the stupid flame war. Not the humor element.
smile.gif

*smacks forehead*

I'm pretty sure that's what I thought you meant. The blame rests on me though. I *almost* got my pantioes twisted up in a knot. That's what I get when I post before I've had all my morning coffee.
wink.gif

Go talk to Melon.. He and I rarely agree, but he's got Opinions that we can discuss, and maybe shove your head up Klodomir's @$$, He'll give you somehints as well...
Bloody hell, Lemonite! Do you mind if I pass on that?

*smacks forehead*

I'm pretty sure that's what I thought you meant. The blame rests on me though. I *almost* got my pantioes twisted up in a knot. That's what I get when I post before I've had all my morning coffee.
wink.gif

coffee? gimme! It's 2:30 in the afternoon and I still haven't had my fix.
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Well, if you prefer a president who cheats on his wife by having sexual relations with an intern half his age and then lies about it to a federal grand jury, and sells military secrets to the Chinese; if you prefer him over a president who "fumbles" his words in speeches, that's your decision. But for me, I'll take the word fumbler any day.

Good point, but then, as evidenced by your moniker, you actually think 80's U2 music is best - so clearly you are insane.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 01-13-2002).]

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
You mean the 'Pakis' comment?

I can only hope he never has to refer to the people of Nigeria.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:Melon -
Is there any help for you?

I'd ask you the same question, but I don't like to ask questions I already know the answer to.

Melon

------------------

Stereotypically, the Democrats are teh nastiest out there

I see you don't watch the Fox News Channel, nor have paid attention to the last twenty years. Democrats are spineless.

Melon

------------------

Lemonite;

The Kyoto Protocol is NOT a piece of shit, though your president thinks it so.

America doesn't even account for 1/6th of the world's population, but produces a ridicuolous amount of polution, more than 2/6ths in fact. I forgot the actual percentage figures as I was conducting research for an essay on the Kyoto Protocol a while back, but the fractions are corresponding. Believe me, on the spot, such statistics proves that America has more than an obligation to pay for the pollution it produces, it owes much more than a mere duty.

The abandonment of the Kyoto Protocol was a terrible token of American Industrial arrogance, a crowning gesture from a nation that is perfectly willing to pump god-knows what into the atmosphere, but not to pay for it; with great power comes great responsibility, Lemonite, and this concept of power applies to economic power too. America should pay, probably more than anyone, and its as simple as that.

With your example of China, let me just add that China has a substantially larger population than the USA's, and somehow consumes LESS of the Earth's limited resources than the USA. China, with a larger population, still consumes less resources and produces less polution.

No, I did not like Bill Clinton because he bowed down to my country, as you so eloquently put it, if anybody did any bowing at all, I'd say it was OUR prime-minister Tony Blair who's had his nose firmly stuck up America's arse for ages, as was the nose of his predecessor John Major and countless before. I liked Bill Clinton because he, for whatever reason he may have had for doing it, showed a sign of humility in what he did. ie - he did not act as if America was the only country in the world and abandon the Kyoto Protocol.

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom