FYM Game - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2004, 07:16 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:31 PM
FYM Game

Okay I will throw out a alteration to history - the next poster then answers how that event would change history, the answer person then puts forth another hypothetical. This can be good so lets get the ball rolling

What If.....

Nikita Khrushchev died as a child and thus was never involved in WWII (Stalingrad) and never became the leader of the Soviet Union.

I want answers people!

Old 10-23-2004, 07:18 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:31 AM
WHAT IF Tsar Alexander III and Kaiser Fredrich III had not died young leaving their inept sons Tsar Nicholas and Kaiser Wilhelm to rule? Likely there would have been no WW1, no communism in Europe, no WWII, no cold war.

Old 10-23-2004, 07:20 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Okay, but you have to answer my what if first. So come up with an answer and then we go off U2Kittens one.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:39 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
WHAT IF Tsar Alexander III and Kaiser Fredrich III had not died young leaving their inept sons Tsar Nicholas and Kaiser Wilhelm to rule? Likely there would have been no WW1, no communism in Europe, no WWII, no cold war.
I will go along with this one.

With these two leaders in place throughout the early 20th Century the First World War never took place as it was meant to and the Bolsheviks never took power. Instead the European powers grew greater and greater in industrial might extending their grips tightly into new domains, the Russian Empire moved deep into Central Asia as the British Empire retained India. The Russian's moves into Asia were not without conflict, by 1932 expanding more and more numerous border disputes with the Japanses broke out into full scale war, at the same time that this occured Russian expansion into Afghanistan provoked a response by the British who viewed the move as hostile expansion. Now fighting on two distant fronts the Tsar mobilized the Armies and poured his resources into holding Afghanistan and defeating the Japanese. This effort was ultimately futile and Russia was beaten, left weak from the engagement Russia was ripe for the picking by the Germans (~1948). Without the experience of WW1 blitzkreig was never devised and the war was brutal - think Stalingrad but with trenches - anyhow Russia was able to muster its Industrial base and slog it out with Germany (which was a highly developed industrial power which made its move against Russia in the name of European stability). Russia and Germany go down fighting and it is the French that wind up taking the whole thing over. In this world Europe is united by France who make their move against Britain who recieves support from the United States - this move occurs in 1965 - and it is the first world war, with very high tech weaponry, the forces of Europe versus that of Britain and the United States, cruise misiles and jet aircraft as well as sattelites had been invented. The end effect of this war was total destruction, the western world was left in tatters and who came out of this entire thing unscathed - Imperial Japan. In the 1970's Japanese embraked on a program of massive expansion expanding the Asian Economic Cooperation Sphere all out, they invaded Australia where the scorched earth policy was instigated - the country fell but thanks to the fall back to Melbourne and Tasmania a guerilla war was maintained against the agressor inflicting massive casualties upon them. The Japanese Empire victorious in Asia them moved against the fractured remnants of the Tsarist Russian Empire, capturing it piece by piece and creeping ever closer to Continental Europe which although ravaged by nuclear war retained natural resources and was the ideal staging post when moving against Africa and opening a two front attack on the Former United States.

Thus concludes my magical hisory tour so now somebody answer my one.

Nikita Khrushchev died as a child and thus was never involved in WWII (Stalingrad) and never became the leader of the Soviet Union.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Okay, good idea!

What if Richard Henry Lee had never introduced the independence resolution to the 2nd Continental Congress?

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
Acrobat

Wow, hypothetical questions are fun. Like, what if WWI hadn't happened? imagine that.....

heh, oops. I can't read. That question was sort of already asked.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:01 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Now wait people, you have to answer the previous question before you can before asking.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:43 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to answer yours first. I'll think of something.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

I've got a good What If in mind...
Old 10-24-2004, 06:53 PM   #10
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Okay, good idea!

What if Richard Henry Lee had never introduced the independence resolution to the 2nd Continental Congress?
Thomas Paine's Common Sense would have just become another political pamphlet that disappeared with the rest of them. Oh and we would still be drinking high tea.