FYM Appreciate Thread -- Election Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
For the past few months, you all have challenged my way of thinking of many issues, which I actually believe made me a more informed voter. Hell, if I can defend myself against Diamond, Sting and Shart, I can defend myself against anyone. :) I think we've had some bumps but overall, we're all passionate but intelligent about our beliefs, which makes it much easier to have good debates around here. I'll be heading out soon -- I'm getting a bit nervous about tomorrow and may have to cut back for fear of sensory overload -- so I just wanted to leave you with something my sister in Chicago would say: vote early and vote often.

And enjoy this -- sung to Sinatra's "My Way" [if Sinatra's could run for president from the grave, I would totally vote for him].

And now, the end is near
And so I close the voting booth curtain
My friends, I’ll say it clear
I’m voting for Kerry, of this I’m certain
I’ve lived four years under Bush
I’ve hated at least 82% of it
And so, this vote is clear, I’ll send him on his way

Regrets, I have a few
It’s too bad I only have one vote
But I’ll use it through and through, I’ll see it through to vote Democrat
I’ve planned my voting out, each careful step from 6 in the morning
And then, then I will go, go back to my bed

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
When I dreamed that Bush was through
And through it all, when there was doubt
I checked Electoral Vote to get new counts
I’ve faced it all, Swift Vets and Rove, and I will vote my way

I’ve puked, I’ve cried and cried
I’ve had my fill, my fill of Georgie
And now, my tears subside, I see the light ahead inviting
To think we could get him out
And send him packing back to Texas
Oh yes, oh yes it’s true, we’ll kick him out our way

For who is a prez? What has he got?
If not the White House, then he has naught.
Oh to hear the words we long to hear
“My name’s John Kerry, I’m president next year!”

The record shows the Johns will get the votes,
they'll win it ohhhhhhh yeah!

Yes, they'll win it. Oh yeah.

Actually, I think we're all a bit crazy. It's not an ordinary day or an ordinary time, to say the least. I agree, this place has been interesting over the last few months. I've agreed to disagree with many people, and haven't changed my mind about who I'm voting for. I know how you feel sharky, "Burnout" is not just a song by Green Day. :wink:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
Actually, I think we're all a bit crazy. It's not an ordinary day or an ordinary time, to say the least.

I was just out running errands and the energy out there was so thick and intense. Everyone's a little on edge. Let's give our friends and neighbors a break the next few days (she says after an exhausting email fight with her sister in NYC about the election :huh: )

:hug:FYMers:hug:

:up:

Considering we will wake up Wednesday morning just like any other morning, I think it is wise to give this a break.

Peace to all my fellow FYMers :up:

verte76 said:
Actually, I think we're all a bit crazy. It's not an ordinary day or an ordinary time, to say the least. I agree, this place has been interesting over the last few weeks... :wink:
I begged Elvis to set some of you way-ward kids straight.:wink:

Yes, and we are all a little bit
c
r
a
z
y
:wink:

db9

ha ha! nbc, if you think it's gonna be the same, you write your own song parody saying as much. :)

sharky said:
ha ha! nbc, if you think it's gonna be the same, you write your own song parody saying as much. :)

Do you really think your life will be substantially different on Nov. 3 based on the outcome of the election?

nbcrusader said:

Do you really think your life will be substantially different on Nov. 3 based on the outcome of the election?

i do. :yes: i know an insider in the kerry campaign and there are lots of opportunities open for my future career if kerry wins.

nbcrusader said:

Well, if Bush wins I have a marriage proposal from an Italian to consider. :sexywink:

nbcrusader said:

No. In fact, I must admit that my personal life has improved substantially during the Bush Administration. Unfortunately for Bush, he can't take credit for this, I did it myself. :wink:

I feel like I used to feel the night before a big final in college...kinda like, ok I did my best, now I just have to try to relax and see what happens.

Whoever wins tomorrow I hope they honestly keep what's best for Americans close to their heart.

:hug:s to all the FYMers

nbcrusader said:

I know more than one person that is saving $5000 - $8000 a year buying prescription drugs from Canada.

They can not get health insurance.

Bush will stop this within months of his re election, he has indicated as much.

Kerry will allow reimportation of drugs.

So in response to your question - many people lives will be directly impacted.

If Kerry wins it will have little effect on your life.

deep said:

I know more than one person that is saving $5000 - $8000 a year buying prescription drugs from Canada.

They can not get health insurance.

Bush will stop this within months of his re election, he has indicated as much.

Kerry will allow reimportation of drugs.

So in response to your question - many people lives will be directly impacted.

If Kerry wins it will have little effect on your life.

Think about the economics of this "solution" and you will soon find it is only a short term fix, if that.

yeah, because we NEVER get sidetracked here, do we? ;) I'm off to bed -- have to get up early to beat the lines.

Well guys, today is the big day. I've done the deed and voted. Now it's just time to wait.

Whichever guy wins I hope he has a fantastic four years in office and I wish him courage, strength, compassion and integrity.

LoveTown said:
Well guys, today is the big day. I've done the deed and voted. Now it's just time to wait.

Whichever guy wins I hope he has a fantastic four years in office and I wish him courage, strength, compassion and integrity.
now that was
cool
classy
and
diamondesque:wink: :up:

Hugs to all of my FYMers. I've only been here for a short while, but I've really enjoyed myself. I have found a group of individuals who are kind, funny, smart and articulate. Thanks for the droolworthy pics in PLEBA and the though provoking discussions in FYM.

Back
Top Bottom