Funny Quotes on the Iraqi War... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2003, 03:36 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
The report of his suicide came from one of his own press briefings....
LOL!

Marty

Old 04-26-2003, 09:47 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Quote:

The report of his suicide came from one of his own press briefings....

Old 04-27-2003, 07:04 AM   #18
Babyface

Local Time: 04:26 AM
"A Frenchman's home is where another man's wife is. There is nothing lower than the human race except the French."
-Mark Twain

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
-General George S. Patton

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it."
-Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure."
-Jacques Chirac, President of France
"As far as France is concerned, you're right."
-Rush Limbaugh

"Going to war without France is like going duck hunting without your accordion."
-Jed Babbin, Former Under-Secretary of Defense.

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know."
-P J OíRourke

"The only way the French are going in is if we tell them we found truffles in Iraq."
-Jay Leno

"France wants more evidence. The last time France wanted more evidence, it rolled right through France with a German flag."
-David Letterman

"How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris? I donít know, itís never been tried."
-Anonymous
Old 04-27-2003, 08:16 AM   #19
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Quote:
Originally posted by Anoosh Vs. God
"A Frenchman's home is where another man's wife is. There is nothing lower than the human race except the French."
-Mark Twain
General George S. Patton , Mark Twain and the others said this about the Iraq?
Old 04-27-2003, 08:33 AM   #20
Babyface

Local Time: 04:26 AM
About France's militarial foreign policy, which relates to their stance on Iraq.

Come on now, it's funny! And sadly true...
Old 04-27-2003, 04:22 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

"We have destroyed 2 tanks, fighter planes, 2 helicopters and their shovels - We have driven them back."

And their shovels?

Old 04-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Well this is one of the funniest threads in FYM in a long while. But...um...can we lose the French-bashing, please? Thank-you.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:29 AM   #23
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
aah they've changed the link at the satire magazine to the picture on the 1st side:
could someone of the admins change iit to:
http://www.titanic-magazin.de/postca.../971185703.jpg

that one was really good:

..but not really a funny quote

So a short dialoge from a father and son:

son: "daaad is democracy god-given?"
father: "yes and we are here to tell god whom he should give it to"

and satelite pictures:

Old 04-29-2003, 11:46 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
Well this is one of the funniest threads in FYM in a long while. But...um...can we lose the French-bashing, please? Thank-you.
France is a legitimate target given their actions to help Saddam.

From The Australian:

Paris gave Saddam US secrets
From The Sunday Times and AP
April 28, 2003
DOCUMENTS uncovered in Baghdad reveal France gave Saddam Hussein top-secret information to help him prepare for the US-led war on Iraq.

They also demonstrate that the Baghdad regime dealt directly with Osama bin Laden's al-Qa'ida terror network Ė one of the key claims Washington used for launching the attack.

Files recovered from the wreckage of the Foreign Ministry show that Paris shared with Baghdad the details of private meetings with Washington. The information, said in the files to have come partly from "friends of Iraq" at the French Foreign Ministry, kept Hussein abreast of every development in US planning.

One report warned of a US "attempt to involve Iraq with terrorism" as "cover for an attack on Iraq".

Another dated September 25, 2001, from then Iraqi foreign minister Naji Sabri to Hussein's palace was based on a briefing from the French ambassador in Baghdad and covered talks between presidents Jacques Chirac and George W. Bush.

Mr Chirac was said to have been told the US was "100 per cent certain Osama bin Laden was behind the September 11 attacks and that the answer of the United States would be decisive". The report, found by The Sunday Times, also gave a detailed account of American attitudes towards Hussein amid anxiety in Iraq that the country might soon become a target of US reprisals.

Baghdad's al-Qa'ida link was revealed by Britain's Sunday Telegraph yesterday based on documents the paper said it discovered at the bombed-out headquarters of the Mukhabarat, Iraq's former feared intelligence service headquarters.

The paper said an al-Qa'ida envoy met Iraqi officials in 1998 with a view to establishing a relationship between Baghdad and the terror group based on their mutual hatred of the US and Saudi Arabia.

The Australian
Old 04-29-2003, 02:51 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
France is a legitimate target given their actions to help Saddam.

From The Australian:

Paris gave Saddam US secrets
From The Sunday Times and AP
April 28, 2003
DOCUMENTS uncovered in Baghdad reveal France gave Saddam Hussein top-secret information to help him prepare for the US-led war on Iraq.

They also demonstrate that the Baghdad regime dealt directly with Osama bin Laden's al-Qa'ida terror network Ė one of the key claims Washington used for launching the attack.

Files recovered from the wreckage of the Foreign Ministry show that Paris shared with Baghdad the details of private meetings with Washington. The information, said in the files to have come partly from "friends of Iraq" at the French Foreign Ministry, kept Hussein abreast of every development in US planning.

One report warned of a US "attempt to involve Iraq with terrorism" as "cover for an attack on Iraq".

Another dated September 25, 2001, from then Iraqi foreign minister Naji Sabri to Hussein's palace was based on a briefing from the French ambassador in Baghdad and covered talks between presidents Jacques Chirac and George W. Bush.

Mr Chirac was said to have been told the US was "100 per cent certain Osama bin Laden was behind the September 11 attacks and that the answer of the United States would be decisive". The report, found by The Sunday Times, also gave a detailed account of American attitudes towards Hussein amid anxiety in Iraq that the country might soon become a target of US reprisals.

Baghdad's al-Qa'ida link was revealed by Britain's Sunday Telegraph yesterday based on documents the paper said it discovered at the bombed-out headquarters of the Mukhabarat, Iraq's former feared intelligence service headquarters.

The paper said an al-Qa'ida envoy met Iraqi officials in 1998 with a view to establishing a relationship between Baghdad and the terror group based on their mutual hatred of the US and Saudi Arabia. [/URL]
That's not a funny quote.
It has no one-liners to laugh about.
And my attention span cannot take more than one sentence in a row...

C ya!

Marty
Old 04-29-2003, 03:08 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

I will never post in this thread again! Never!
Old 04-29-2003, 03:11 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

I am not in control of myself! Do not believe me!
Old 04-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I will never post in this thread again! Never!
Hmm, considering the fact that I see another post by this person after this one and considering the wording of the exclamation, I think we have a trace of al-Sahhaf.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Considering my short attention span, was my statement too long?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:47 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict