from the local news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
MUSLIMS SEE FEAR, DISTRUST IN HOOVER

Witness the expansion of the NIMBE principle.
It falls in Hoover anyway, under the old rule for landfills and sewer plants, prisons, methadone climics and newspaper reporters.
Not in my back yard!
Joe W. Andrews does not want a Shiite Muslim worship center, called a jamatkhana, to be build on a woody patch at the corner of Al Seier Road and Sulphur Springs Road peeking over the walls of Highland Crest. He wrote his opposition down on paper, signed it and sent it to the city.
"The stated goal of the Muslims is the ultimate overthrow of the infidels, the Unitied States in particular", he wrote. "This is sedition!"
Andrews tells me that he and others don't want Louis Passarella of Georgia to get zoning approval to develop a worship center to least to an Ismaili group that already occupies space in Hoover.
Why?
Such places of worship "are breeding grounds for protests, riots and challenged to non-Muslim authority", Andrews said. "What they advocate is in opposition to our Bill of Rights and Constitution, yet they skillfully use the contents of both to achieve their ultimate goal of domination".
So much for the First Amendment. So much for the words of George Washington" "Rejoice that in this land the light of truth and reason has triumphed over the power of bigotry and superstition, and that every person here worship God according to the dictates of his own heart".
Not in my back yard, George. Not in the twilight of truth and reason.
Hoover's Mike Strayer also wrote to the city with worry that a mosque by another name is still a mosque.

There's more........I'm embarrassed to live in the same town with fundamentalist bigots like this.

Back
Top Bottom