French Scams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
It seems that the bogus documents of an Iraqi purchase of uranium from Niger (even though in actual fact a connection has been established, Joe Wilson's story has been discredited and these documents did not substantiate a casus beli, there was an Iraqi attempt however these documents were not connected to it as they were fakes).

Slimey frog bastards were probably trying to setup the coalition just to prevent a war in exchange for a sweet oil deal when those nasty sanctions on Iraq were gone. I have said it before and I will say it again, the French government is made up of appeasers, in bed with the enemy trying to save their arses.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/09/19/wniger19.xml

let me ponder whether the words you chose to use are more interesting than the conclusion you jump to

and I'd like to add that I'm a huge fan of sarcasm
but most of the time sarcasm tends to be at least sort of provoked

otherwise it's just being slightly abusive

A_Wanderer said:

Slimey frog bastards were probably trying to setup the coalition just to prevent a war in exchange for a sweet oil deal when those nasty sanctions on Iraq were gone. I have said it before and I will say it again, the French government is made up of appeasers, in bed with the enemy trying to save their arses.

:tsk:

Oh comeon, a little anti-frankism is allright. I don't hate the french people but its governments have always been a little dodgy (hence the semi sarcastic "slimey frog bastards", of which I was refering to those that would do deals with devils) and this little escapade is one more example of it. Look at the history of the Euro-Arab dialogue and see how many dirty deals have been cut that ensure old-school european anti-semitism can couple with arab anti-Jew feeling in the name of cheap oil and arms deals.

A_Wanderer said:
Slimey frog bastards were probably trying to setup the coalition just to prevent a war in exchange for a sweet oil deal when those nasty sanctions on Iraq were gone

In contrast to the slimey frog bastards that wanted to have a war in exchange for a sweet oil deal when that nasty dictator in Iraq was gone?

I would rather be getting oil from a free Iraq than propping up somebody like Saddam Hussein. I backed the war for humanitarian reasons and the subsequent post-war situation has proved me right, I have no problem justifying it.

It was in jest, incidentally people do know about the French supplying the Iraqi's with the nuclear power plant and the fighter planes etc.

A_Wanderer said:
Slimey frog bastards were probably trying to setup the coalition just to prevent a war in exchange for a sweet oil deal when those nasty sanctions on Iraq were gone.

Is there actually evidence that supports this theory or should we blindly believe claims made by Italian diplomats?

Too bad this thread got sidetracked by the slur.

We should be discussing the motivations of the French government and the less than noble stance it took regarding Iraq.

nbcrusader said:
We should be discussing the motivations of the French government and the less than noble stance it took regarding Iraq.

So anybody who doesn't side with an illegal war is ignoble? I guess that means the Canadian government is not noble either.

Well, OK, maybe the Canadian government. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom