Freedom to Marry: For Me, For All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I hope no one will mind me posting this here, as it sort of tangentially has something to do with FYM:

I AM ENGAGED!!! :) :hyper: :)

It went down this weekend in NYC, and my fiance Andrew and I could not be happier. We plan to make a donation to Freedom to Marry, a group working to extend marriage to same-sex couples, in celebration of this.

Knowing this, has anyone done anything similar for special occasions? I know I made some donations to a group called Alternative Gifts for people for Christmas--a certain amount of money sends a box of medical supplies to Africa or feeds a homeless family for a day, that kind of thing.

And if y'all don't mind, here are some piccies...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. :hug: :happy:

I also think it's a lovely idea to make a donation to charity in celebration. :) At Christmas, a group of friends and I donate money to a charity we choose together, instead of purchasing presents for each other. I guess that's sort of the same idea.

Congratulations again! :happy: :)

Congratulations to the both of you! Happiness, love and all that good stuff.

I can't see the pics either, unfortunately.

I don't know why only some people can see the pics...at first I thought maybe non-premium members couldn't view attachments, but some premiums can't see them and some non-prems can...?

Maybe I'll e-mail them to Sicy later and ask her to post them in the Interferencer picture thread in LS.

Back
Top Bottom