Free Speech = Don't Question the Media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dread, I said that I am not sure his comments this past week were racist. I was responding to a post where you said you did not believe the man was a racist, although you wouldn't want your children saying what he says.

My point is, that a man is either racist or he is not. There is no such thing as being a little big pregnant. Therefore, I feel that whereas his comments this past week may have been questionable but not racist, as a PERSON, he is a racist, and that is obvious when you look at his track record.

He has a track record of making racially insensative remarks...I agree.

But that was not the point of this thread....

It was about freedom of speech and criticiazing the media and the comments made last week.

Peace

Dreadsox said:
It was about freedom of speech and criticizing the media and the comments made last week.

Great. The public spoke back.

"Bye bye, Rush."

Melon

Dreadsox said:
But that was not the point of this thread....

Shall I talk about resolutions? :sexywink:

No, seriously, I think we all know what the point of the thread is. But Rush has one problem - his previous behaviour preceeds him. Therefore, when he opens up his big mouth about the subject of race, he does not enjoy the luxury of a normal reaction, but rather, everybody's back hair immediately stands up because of his history. That's why you see so many people bringing up his previous remarks - the guy doesn't have a clean slate and in his case, I am not sure that you can so simply and surgically separate this incident from those years upon years of racial remarks. He made his bed, now he gets to sleep in it.

Back
Top Bottom