Free Maxi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK so it's not actually a rule. Sounds like some meathead rent-a-cops need their walking papers.

Banning backpacks? That's pretty lame. Yeah I get the reason, but how many so-called "security measures" does it take to show us that the bad guys have indeed won. Dress codes are/were bad enough...

Sometimes as a female I feel like we're regressing. Or maybe we just haven't progressed enough. I'm sorry, no amount of necessary security requires knowledge of menstruating.

Good on these girls (and the boys who are supporting them, who would have thought?) for standing up for themselves. As others have said in the comments from the original link, it shows a lot of guts for your average teenager to stand up and be noticed like that.

There was also an excellent link to a NY times article in the comments from that original link, about the lack of facilities for schoolgirls in Africa. Particularly disturbing were the last few paragraphs about a young girl given as a wedding present... it sure opened my eyes to how some women are still forced to live in the 21st century.

And deep, I don't know much about you, but I'm assuming that comment was not meant seriously!

Back
Top Bottom