FOX News Refuses To Run "Rescue The Constitution" Ad - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Re: FOX News Refuses To Run "Rescue The Constitution" Ad

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I wonder what documentation they would need.

mediamatters.org

Fox News has refused to air an ad produced by the Center for Constitutional Rights that criticizes the Bush administration for "destroying the Constitution" by the use of renditions, torture, and other tactics. The ad, "Rescue the Constitution," which is narrated by actor Danny Glover, can be viewed here

The Center for Constitutional Rights is dedicated to advancing and protecting the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Founded in 1966 by attorneys who represented civil rights movements in the South, CCR
is a non-profit legal and educational organization committed to the creative use of law as a positive force for social change.
Fox News is absolutely right!
How can they air an ad with such an outrageous claim without anything to back it up with?
Fox News only tells the truth and therefore it would be against their policy to run a story without authenticating it first.

Imagine if I made a post here that accuses Bono of being the mastermind of 911......of course you'd think I was insane and of course you wouldn't believe me without proof.

YOU GO FOX NEWS!!!..........

Old 12-06-2007, 02:45 AM   #47
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500

Would this be the same Danny Glover that has nothing but praise and admiration for Communist dictators like Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez? If so, are we really supposed to take seriously anything this man says about human rights, democracy, constitutional protections or freedom of the press?

Viva Fox News Channel.

You're my new best friend....lol

Old 12-06-2007, 02:48 AM   #48
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500

Or...using your "target audience" theory, maybe the CCR felt running an ad accusing President Bush of "destroying the Constitution" on CNN or MSNBC would be an exercise in redundancy.
Or...maybe it's simply that the Center for Constitutional Rights choose Fox News because they wanted their ad to, you know, actually be seen.
ZING!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #49
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Re: Re: FOX News Refuses To Run "Rescue The Constitution" Ad

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
Fox News only tells the truth
Oh come on, you can't possibly be that brainwashed.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #50
Refugee

Re: Re: Re: FOX News Refuses To Run "Rescue The Constitution" Ad

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Oh come on, you can't possibly be that brainwashed.
Since when is listening to the truth the same as being brainwashed?

Just because Fox is the ONLY news outlet that doesn't trash Bush does that mean they're bad - SOMEONE has to be the voice of reason and truth out there, and I'm glad it's THEM.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #51
She's the One

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: FOX News Refuses To Run "Rescue The Constitution" Ad

Quote:

Just because Fox is the ONLY news outlet that doesn't trash Bush does that mean they're bad -
Yes.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:43 AM

Quote:

Since when is listening to the truth the same as being brainwashed?

Just because Fox is the ONLY news outlet that doesn't trash Bush does that mean they're bad - SOMEONE has to be the voice of reason and truth out there, and I'm glad it's THEM.
Well it does mean they're bad, by being duped by Bush completely, but also, they do plenty of other things that make them ten times worse than any other network. One of them is Bill O'Reilly, who I honestly think is a mean, angry, selfish person who borderlines on insanity about half the time. If that person, who at best could be considered "a decent human being," is supposed to be your big draw ... you've got a lot of issues to sort out.

Fox News is much more conservative than any of the others are liberal. But they're the only ones who keep up the "Fair & Balanced" bullshit.

Someone does have to be the voice of reason and truth, but it's not Fox News. As Stephen Colbert put it: "Fox gives you both sides of the story: the president's and the vice president's."

If you watch Fox News for anything other than shits and giggles, you either don't care that it's conservative or completely naive.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Imagine if I made a post here that accuses Bono of being the mastermind of 911......of course you'd think I was insane and of course you wouldn't believe me without proof.
Question: How does that example have anything to do with this ad? I mean, they DID back it up. You know, when they said "the use of renditions, torture, and other tactics." At least that's an argument. They specifically cite things Bush does that go against the Constitution.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #54
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Fox News only tells the truth and therefore it would be against their policy to run a story without authenticating it first.

Yep, nothing but the truth.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

What documentation is there to back up all the other ads that Fox runs? But those aren't "outrageous", right? Nah Bush has done no harm to our Constitution, not at all. It's stronger than it ever was.

I am just trying to figure out if that Erin was being sarcastic or serious.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #56
Refugee

Re: Re: Re: FOX News Refuses To Run "Rescue The Constitution" Ad

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Question: How does that example have anything to do with this ad? I mean, they DID back it up. You know, when they said "the use of renditions, torture, and other tactics." At least that's an argument. They specifically cite things Bush does that go against the Constitution.
Since when is saving lives against the constitution? You don't know what kind of information the government is obtaining thru these methods that have prevented countless attacks from happening again in the U.S. .

Bottom line - You fight fire with fire and terrorism with terrorism because that's the only language the terrorists understand.
You don't fight terrorism by gentle persuasion.....only by brute force.

I APPLAUD the U.S. government for going after the terrorists using their own methods, and I applaud President Bush for doing his job.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #57
She's the One

Local Time: 05:43 AM

Quote:

I APPLAUD the U.S. government for going after the terrorists using their own methods
Which are against the US Constitution.

So you've proven Danny Glover's point?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #58
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Since when is saving lives against the constitution? You don't know what kind of information the government is obtaining thru these methods that have prevented countless attacks from happening again in the U.S. .

Bottom line - You fight fire with fire and terrorism with terrorism because that's the only language the terrorists understand.
You don't fight terrorism by gentle persuasion.....only by brute force.

I APPLAUD the U.S. government for going after the terrorists using their own methods, and I applaud President Bush for doing his job.
That's all fine and dandy if you applaud someone becoming a monster to defeat a monster.

But the constitution doesn't allow it. That's something you haven't seemed to ever understood.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #59
Refugee

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FOX News Refuses To Run "Rescue The Constitution" Ad

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

That's all fine and dandy if you applaud someone becoming a monster to defeat a monster.

But the constitution doesn't allow it. That's something you haven't seemed to ever understood.
The only thing I understand is that the U.S. was brutally attacked on 9/11 and 3,000 people were murdered.......and their murderers must be dealt with viciously.

How can the U.S. ever hope to fight the war on terror with one arm tied behind its back??

If you or your family were threatened, you'd make damm sure they were safe and sound using any means necessary to provide for their safety - and so would I.

I've said on more than one occasion that the constitution was drafted in the 18th century and must be updated and revised to meet 21st century conditions and threats.

While we're on the subject......tell the victims of the Nebraska mall shooter how wonderful the constitution is.....it's a great thing the right to bear arms.....where anyone can buy a gun and go on a rampage whenever they want - hallelujah and god bless America.......

With all due respect to the constitution, we aren't living in the same world as the founding fathers were. We face new challenges and greater dangers and I'm sure Al Quaida would have made mincemeat out of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had they been around at that time.

BVS - as always, this post is NOT intended to insult or offend you (or anyone else) - just to get my point across.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

This is getting great.

Idiocy abounds.