Found GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/25/news/newsmakers/enron_verdict/index.htm?cnn=yes

"HOUSTON (CNNMoney.com) - Enron former chief executive Jeffrey Skilling and founder Kenneth Lay were found guilty Thursday of conspiracy and fraud in the granddaddy of all corporate fraud cases.

On the sixth day of deliberations, a jury of eight women and four men convicted the former executives of misleading the public about the true financial health of Enron, whose collapse in late 2001 symbolized the wave of corporate fraud that swept the United States early this decade.

Skilling was found guilty of 20 of 28 counts against him.

Lay was found guilty on all six counts of conspiracy and fraud.

In a separate bench trial, Judge Sim Lake ruled Lay was guilty of four counts of fraud and false statements."

Finally they will get due justice!!

I doubt they would, if that happened I dont think the Secret Service would be able to protect the then former president Bush.

I don't think they would ever be pardoned, they are too symbolic of the worst in white collar crime. Too big of a case.

I love the smell of white collar criminals getting their just desserts.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't think they would ever be pardoned, they are too symbolic of the worst in white collar crime. Too big of a case.

I love the smell of white collar criminals getting their just desserts.

:yes:

nbcrusader said:
The system works.

this is something ALL sides can agree with
in this case

it is too bad that with the Moussaoui case
many will conclude he pled guilty to something he did not do,
because he was not allowed a proper defense

the system did not work in that case

deep said:

this is something ALL sides can agree with
in this case

it is too bad that with the Moussaoui case
many will conclude he pled guilty to something he did not do,
because he was not allowed a proper defense

the system did not work in that case

I'm not sure what Moussaoui has to do with the Enron case, but the system worked there as well.

Moussaoui had more of a defense that he wanted.

:up:

i'm so glad we caught the only crooks in white collar America! corporate America is back to it's sparkling clean days, filled with righteous businessmen endowed by the miraculous perfection of the Free Market to move mountains and markets, creating a better life for us all.

nothing to worry about anymore, it's safe to buy stocks.

now, let's scrap Sarbannes-Oxley and all that other regulatory nonsense we've implemented since Enron. after all, it's just a few bad apples

Sarbannes-Oxley is classic reactionary legislation. It has taken years to understand the potential tricks and traps of the regulatory scheme created in its wake.

Too bad basic integrity is in such short supply that we have to pass such laws.

nbcrusader said:
Too bad basic integrity is in such short supply that we have to pass such laws.

so if people were nicer, we wouldn't need laws?

sounds like a faith-based initiative, especially when the premise of capitalism (especially unregulated capitalism) pretty much begs for bad behavior.

Back
Top Bottom