Former U.S. President Carter Condemns Abortion Culture - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:49 PM
Former U.S. President Carter Condemns Abortion Culture

Press>>>Reading is Fun

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...1740-7148r.htm

Old 11-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

i think denying teenagers accurate, scientifically and medically sound information about the use of contraception for the sake of bolstering theocratic notions of the necessity of virginity is the best way to promote a culture in which abortion -- which almost always occurs as a result of an unplanned pregnancy -- is necessary.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Carter: Americans were misled on war

Former president says Bush policy is a 'radical departure'

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Former President Jimmy Carter said Friday that there isn't "any doubt" the American people were misled about the war in Iraq and that President George Bush's policy on the war is a "radical departure from the policies of any president."

In an interview with CNN, Carter addressed some of the comments made in his new book, "Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis." In the book he says the Bush administration was determined to attack Iraq using "false and distorted claims after 9/11."

Carter said the Bush administration spoke of mushroom clouds, weapons of mass destruction and the threat of thousands of Americans dying to garner support for the war. No weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq.

He was careful to say he didn't know whether intelligence was misinterpreted or purposely twisted, and Carter praised the attempts by his fellow Democrats in Congress to press efforts to look into the matter. (Watch how the Senate went into secret session over the intelligence used to back the war -- 3:05)

"If the investigation would go ahead and proceed, as Democrats have been trying to in the Senate now for more than 18 months, then we will know the circumstances under which the American people -- and I think an entire world -- was misled about what was going on in Iraq," he said.

Carter added that he had seen no evidence the White House was involved in the CIA leak investigation that ensnared Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, last week.

Libby is accused of lying to investigators and a grand jury probing the disclosure of the identity of a CIA officer whose husband had challenged administration claims that then-Iraqi President Saddam Hussein had been trying to restart his nuclear weapons program.

Carter also said that the administration's pre-emptive strike doctrine directed against the possible future use of weapons of mass destruction is a spurious basis for a war when there is no immediate threat to America's security.

"We'll bomb, strafe and send missiles against their people even though our security's not directly threatened," he said. "This is contrary to international law. It's also contrary to what every president has done in this country for more than 100 years, Democrat or Republican."
Old 11-05-2005, 02:32 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Carter also said that the administration's pre-emptive strike doctrine directed against the possible future use of weapons of mass destruction is a spurious basis for a war when there is no immediate threat to America's security.

"We'll bomb, strafe and send missiles against their people even though our security's not directly threatened," he said. "This is contrary to international law. It's also contrary to what every president has done in this country for more than 100 years, Democrat or Republican."

Hey, Carter and me actually agree! Even Carter says that Bush broke international law! A little late after two full years... but better late than never.

Now I´m just waiting for STING2 to refute this ridiculous leftist Carter and quote resolution 1441.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:25 AM   #5
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
Now I´m just waiting for STING2 to refute this ridiculous leftist Carter and quote resolution 1441.
Did someone say my name?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #6
Babyface

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Nobody said your name. You are only here because of me! I affirm you!
Old 11-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

nice alters
Old 11-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:49 PM

Quote:
Former U.S. President Carter Condemns Abortion Culture
Oh no, now I have to change my opinion. :woe:
Old 11-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Mr. Carter said. "I think our party's leaders -- some of them -- are overemphasizing the abortion issue. Afterall, no one ever got pregnant from one lusting in their heart."
Old 11-05-2005, 06:09 PM   #10
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:49 AM
did someone say 'firm'?

Old 11-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
"I have always thought it was not in the mainstream of the American public to be extremely liberal on many issues,"
Old 11-05-2005, 07:18 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
Oh no, now I have to change my opinion. :woe:
On who or what?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

On who or what?
He´s talking about Resolution 1441.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:49 PM
I agree with Carter.

A conservative constitutionalist is nominated for the Supreme Court, and you have all the psycho-libs in the senate screaming about abortion. I feel sorry for any liberal who is more passionate about all the other issues that the modern Democratic Party is putting little to no effort into promoting. It seems more and more that other than the Iraqi war, the Democrats are becoming a one-issue party.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:42 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Mr. Carter said. "I think our party's leaders -- some of them -- are overemphasizing the abortion issue. Afterall, no one ever got pregnant from one lusting in their heart."

Well, not everything that comes out of his mouth, of course.