Former Bush Team Member - WTC Collapse Likely A Controlled Demolition "Inside Job" - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en

and afghanistan. i agree that i don't really think it was an inside job, but it is a little curious that the u.s. had plans drawn up to invade afghanistan well before the events of 9/11.
The US probably has plans on invading Canada on a dusty DoD shelf. They have contingency plans for everything, and what was the reason for invading Afganistan? Pipeline was it, that pipeline that is being made for and by a European consortium and not the US.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #32
The Fly

Local Time: 02:35 AM
Until we get a better investigation I really don't think we need to underestimate the evil capabilities of Bin Laden. I just don't see how the government would take a one of a kind building like the WTC and be able to fool every engineer and expert into the thinking it was a plane crash when it really wasn't. highly unlikely in my mind.

Old 06-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by flangerchorus
any phase with that?
Naw, wanna make it as raw as possible without being dry.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
The US probably has plans on invading Canada on a dusty DoD shelf. They have contingency plans for everything, and what was the reason for invading Afganistan? Pipeline was it, that pipeline that is being made for and by a European consortium and not the US.
are plans fully developed by mid-july of 2001 considered dusty by september of 2001? :

Quote:
Its purpose was not just to make money but to establish an American presence in Central Asia....on March 1, 2001, the Taliban provoked international outrage by blowing up two monumental ancient Buddhist statues at Bamiyan. The United States lost patience and concluded that "regime change" was in order...As Alexander's Gas & Oil Connections reported in February 2002, "Plans to destroy the Taliban had been the subject of international diplomatic and not-so-diplomatic discussions for months before September 11. There was a crucial meeting in Geneva in May 2001 between U.S. State Dept., Iranian, German, and Italian officials, where the main topic was a strategy to topple the Taliban and replace the theocracy with a 'broad-based government.'...Further meetings took place after the G8 session in Berlin among American, Russian, German, and Pakistani officials, and Pakistani insiders have described a detailed American plan of July 2001 to launch military strikes against the Taliban from bases in Uzbekistan and Tajikistan before mid-October of that year..."Bush's favorite Afghan," Zalmay Khalilzad, joined the National Security Council on May 23, 2001 just in time to work on an operational order for an attack on Afghanistan. On August 2, 2001, a former CIA officer held the United States' last official meeting with the Taliban in Islamabad. In light of this trajectory, it would appear that the attacks of September 11 provided an opportunity for the United States to act unilaterally to remove the Taliban, without assistance from Russia, India, or any other country.
taken from sorrows of empire by chalmers johnson. a very interesting and well researched look at current u.s. foreign policy and militarism. a good read.

also here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1550366.stm

the following are all interesting as well:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...011128-11.html

http://www.worldpress.org/specials/pp/front.htm

http://wsws.org/articles/2001/jan2001/oil-j03.shtml

http://www.muslimuzbekistan.com/eng/...s20102003.html

http://www.hindu.com/op/2005/05/03/s...0300331700.htm

most of this at least gives creedance to the idea that the u.s. would want to be a major player in central asia. and why wouldn't it? that last article shows that things didn't go quite as they had been planned. it'll be interesting to see how things move from here. i dont' really know why it is so crazy to think that afghanistan was going to be invaded in 2001 with or without 9/11. facts seem to point to it and the u.s. certainly hasn't been shy about using force to further or protect economic interests in the past. call me crazy i guess.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:21 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tennis05
Until we get a better investigation I really don't think we need to underestimate the evil capabilities of Bin Laden. I just don't see how the government would take a one of a kind building like the WTC and be able to fool every engineer and expert into the thinking it was a plane crash when it really wasn't. highly unlikely in my mind.
i don't think anyone doubts that plans crashed into the wtc. some are suggesting that it took more than those crashes to actually make the building fall the way that it did.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Naw, wanna make it as raw as possible without being dry.
i myself prefer phase to chorus but it really depends on the application. anyone ever find a subtle use for the flanger? most times i find that you really have to write the music FOR the flanger and make it a key player otherwise it just doesn't fit in well.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

i myself prefer phase to chorus but it really depends on the application. anyone ever find a subtle use for the flanger? most times i find that you really have to write the music FOR the flanger and make it a key player otherwise it just doesn't fit in well.
Flanged drums for a couple of bars fading into "normal" drums usually has good effect.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:33 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Flanged drums for a couple of bars fading into "normal" drums usually has good effect.
i was thinking specifically guitar, but you're absolutely right. have you been listening to blink182? the first song on their self-titled album does just that with the drums. also in the breakdown they miced the set with just one LD condenser in a long tall hallway and man does it sound awesome. i love that huge room sound.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:19 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:35 PM
It seems like an interesting theory. Our government likes to hide alot of shit that seems to be happening in the world. There was an article in one of my papers around here saying something about how oil is going to be gone within the next 10 yrs or so. I have to find this again so I can post it here.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:49 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

i was thinking specifically guitar, but you're absolutely right. have you been listening to blink182? the first song on their self-titled album does just that with the drums. also in the breakdown they miced the set with just one LD condenser in a long tall hallway and man does it sound awesome. i love that huge room sound.
Actually, I've heard it a few places, but most recently in a song called "I Stand Alone" by John Wetton and Geoff Downes. I've even used that effect in a couple of my songs.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor

this is stupid... building implosions are done from the bottom up, not from the top down. the towers clearly colapsed from the top down. it would have taken the greatest demolition team in the world months to take a building down like that... and gee... i do think someone might have seen the guys setting up dynamite. and call me crazy, but i certainly think an explosion the size we saw when the planes hit juuuuust might have set off the pre-placed charges. i'm not a fire genious or anything, but i can't imagine that TNT and massive fire balls mix well.

that's the south tower... it clearly did not fall straight down... you can see the angle as the top of the towe breaks off, crushing the floors beneath.

this entire conversation is ludacris and shows a complete disrespect for the victims that people actually consider this bullshit to be truth.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:42 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
this entire conversation is ludacris and shows a complete disrespect for the victims that people actually consider this bullshit to be truth.
i think that because it appears the government took advantage of the tragedy to further its middle/central asian goals makes people think there is more here than meets the eye. i for one am skeptical about the conspiracy theories, but i don't doubt for a second that the dept. of defense's eyes lit up the second this happened. does that make me somehow less respectful of the victims? i'd like you to point out how. are we all less respectful of the victims of pearl harbor because we know that the government had foreknowledge of the incident?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:03 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:35 PM
check this out:

http://www.loosechange911.com/
Old 08-16-2006, 12:39 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Everybody knows the true mastermind behind 9/11.

Please tell me some of you people aren't serious.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #45
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
check this out:
Don't waste your time. I've watched pieces of it and have no idea why anyone would believe that. Everything is twisted to try and make it fit their conspiracy theory.

Try reading this great piece by Popular Mechanics, a well-known publication that uses logic, science and physics to debunk many of these stupid theories.
Link here

I'm not going to say the government isn't hiding anything about the attacks that day, but these conspiracy theories are just stupid. The government didn't need to blow up buildings to go to war with Iraq, they just needed to make up facts to make us feel vulnerable, which is exactly what they did anyway.