For all the opponents of the death penalty....read this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
I just read this story on the CNN website and I'm still shaking and crying......

Read this story and then tell me that these animals don't deserve to be drawn and quartered, hung by their thumbs and slowly boiled in oil.......

Actually, I take that back..............death is TOO GOOD for these monsters!!!

++++++++++++++

CINCINNATI, Ohio (AP) -- The foster parents of a disabled 3-year-old boy wrapped him like a cocoon and left him for two days in a closet, where he died while they attended a family reunion, a prosecutor said.

The couple made several attempts to burn Marcus Fiesel's body and concocted an elaborate sham to cover up the boy's death, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Tuesday.

"Marcus was wrapped in a blanket and wrapped in tape with his arms behind him -- and this was not the first time," Deters said in announcing additional indictments against Liz and David Carroll Jr. (Watch why the prosecutor thinks the child was screaming for help -- 8:48)

A grand jury indicted the couple Monday on charges of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment, and David Carroll, 35, on a charge of gross abuse of a corpse.

Tuesday's indictments included two counts each of inducing panic and one count each of making false alarms. Liz Carroll, 30, also was indicted on two counts of perjury for her testimony Monday to a grand jury, Deters said.

The Carrolls are scheduled for arraignment Wednesday; they remain jailed and information on their attorneys wasn't available.

Deters said the Carrolls left Marcus in the closet on August 4 when they went to a family reunion in Kentucky, and the boy was dead when they returned two days later.

A week later, Liz Carroll claimed Marcus wandered away from her at a suburban park, authorities said. Hundreds of volunteers joined authorities in the search for several days.

Authorities called off the official search on August 19. Liz Carroll pleaded for help finding Marcus at a news conference August 22 -- about the same time she and her husband were disposing of his body in a remote area of Brown County, Deters said.

"They went back repeatedly to burn his body -- two or three times," Deters said.

Authorities believe they have found the place where the body was burned, and they have brought back bags of evidence from the scene, Deters said.

He said the material will undergo DNA testing.

Without doubt there are some F*****g scumbags in this world.

Though I still remain opposed to the death penalty.

If there's a 0.00000000000000000000000000001% chance that someone could be wrongly convicted, then I don't see how it can be justified.

AchtungBono said:
Actually, I take that back..............death is TOO GOOD for these monsters!!!

That's why we have life without parole.

Melon

Ellay said:
Without doubt there are some F*****g scumbags in this world.

Though I still remain opposed to the death penalty.

If there's a 0.00000000000000000000000000001% chance that someone could be wrongly convicted, then I don't see how it can be justified.

I agree.

It never seizes to amaze me how, after all the death penalty threads we've had, it still isn't clear to everybody how opposition to the death penalty rarely has anything to do with the severity of the crime commited.

DrTeeth said:
It never seizes to amaze me how, after all the death penalty threads we've had, it still isn't clear to everybody how opposition to the death penalty rarely has anything to do with the severity of the crime commited.

I agree 100% with this comment.

DrTeeth said:

It amazes me too.:huh:

Re: Re: For all the opponents of the death penalty....read this

melon said:

That's why we have life without parole.

Melon

Why should they get the luxury of life when they killed this child in one of the worst ways possible?

DrTeeth said:

I'm sorry I don't understand. If you agree that the crime was severe, then why would you oppose the death penalty in this case?

AchtungBono said:

I'm sorry I don't understand. If you agree that the crime was severe, then why would you oppose the death penalty in this case?

There are many reasons. One and the most important one to me is there is no 100% absolute proof to many murder cases and there have been people put to death that did not commit the crimes. Two, I don't believe anyone gave us the right to play god. Three, just like you said death is too good, I believe in life sentences forcing people to stare down the crime they committed for the rest of their life, maybe they'll even repent.

Toss them in prison. I'm sure they'll have a lovely time there with their fellow clientele.

AchtungBono said:

because it doesn't matter if you were drunk and drove into a pedestrian, or if you skinned a 5 year old alive and ate their brains.

people who are opposed to the death penalty don't believe that maybe someday, if something really, truly, awful happens, okay, THEN we'll support it. if we get outraged enough. it's not that we don't think that some crimes are or aren't heinous. we share your outrage at this particular case.

it's that death is never a civilized punishment for ANY crime, for a variety of reasons.

AchtungBono said:

My point is that the most of the problems people have with the death penalty (irreversibility, the belief that killing someone is wrong, etc.) don't change with the severity of the crime.

martha said:

Because torturing and killing someone to show that torturing and killing is wrong doesn't work for me spiritually.

I respectfully disagree with you Martha. Today people are put to sleep by lethal injection - much like they would do with their beloved pet.

I hardly call drifting off to sleep torturing and killing.
On the other hand.....tying a 3 year old disable child with duct tape and leaving him alone to die a slow horrible death......now THAT's torture.....

AchtungBono said:
On the other hand.....tying a 3 year old disable child with duct tape and leaving him alone to die a slow horrible death......now THAT's torture.....

i am every bit as repulsed by this crime as you are.

please don't mistake opposition to the death penalty as showing sympathy for the perpetrators.

martha said:

Except they're people.

So what if there people. If a dog attacked a person there put to sleep, yet it's a living thing.

If people are opposed to the death penalty, then they should pay a higher tax to keep them alive in prison for life if thats how you want it.

Do you think Jesus would forgive Ed Gein for skinning people and using them as lamp shade or Hitler for killing 6 million people or heck Stalin for killing over 40 million of his own people??

Justin24 said:

So what if there people. If a dog attacked a person there put to sleep, yet it's a living thing.

If people are opposed to the death penalty, then they should pay a higher tax to keep them alive in prison for life if thats how you want it.

Should you be taxed higher because you eat meat?
Justin24 said:

Do you think Jesus would forgive Ed Gein for skinning people and using them as lamp shade or Hitler for killing 6 million people or heck Stalin for killing over 40 million of his own people??

As hard as it may be to comprehend, yes. If there was true repentence...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Should you be taxed higher because you eat meat?

As hard as it may be to comprehend, yes. If there was true repentence...

Eating Meat and Murdering a person are two different things.

If Jesus came to earth he would have said "And I died for you?"

God gave us the power to judge his creation on earth so executing a person for murdering an innocent person is ok.

If someone broke in your house and was threatening your life, would you comply with there orders or Kill him/her in self defense?

Justin24 said:

Eating Meat and Murdering a person are two different things.

You were the one that made the comparison that a dog attacking and a murderer were the same, not me. You made them equal.

I could easily argue that people who eat beef raise my health insurance with their clogged arterties. So you may want to be careful of that slippery slope.

Justin24 said:

God gave us the power to judge his creation on earth so executing a person for murdering an innocent person is ok.

Actually no he didn't. Judge not lest ye be judged. We have the power to create laws, but not judge.

Justin24 said:

If someone broke in your house and was threatening your life, would you comply with there orders or Kill him/her in self defense?

How is the death penalty self defense?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I could easily argue that people who eat beef raise my health insurance with their clogged arterties. So you may want to be careful of that slippery slope.

How is the death penalty self defense?

I could also go into how illegal immigration raises insurance premiums etc... But thats for another time.

The murderer gets his do.

How can you sit there and say I am glad that person who murdered my sister or mother is not dead but wont hurt me again. I am sure though he will have plenty of opportunities to kill fellow inmates. Unless he miraculously Finds God.

AchtungBono said:
I just read this story

these animals deserve to be drawn and quartered, hung by their thumbs and slowly boiled in oil.......

anybody that entertains these kinds of thoughts sounds dangerous

Justin24 said:

I could also go into how illegal immigration raises insurance premiums etc... But thats for another time.

Sure, but my point is you made the raising tax argument first. I was just countering your argument by showing you how this argument doesn't work. For every policy you disagree with because it may or may not cost you more I could do the same two times over with your policies and lifestyle.

Justin24 said:

The murderer gets his do.

How can you sit there and say I am glad that person who murdered my sister or mother is not dead but wont hurt me again. I am sure though he will have plenty of opportunities to kill fellow inmates. Unless he miraculously Finds God.

"get his do" isn't self defense.

And once again you and AchtunyBono are confusing not supporting the death penalty with sympathising or being "glad". That's not the case.

See my original reasons for not supporting the death penalty and see if any fall in the "I'm glad" category...

Back
Top Bottom