For all the opponents of the death penalty....read this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So because of Religous reasons you dont support the DP?

What if they fixed the system and re-tried the cases this time with DNA evidence and they are still found guilty?? would then that take away one reason why you didn't support the DP because of lack of evidence or false evidence??

Justin24 said:
So because of Religous reasons you dont support the DP?

What if they fixed the system and re-tried the cases this time with DNA evidence and they are still found guilty?? would then that take away one reason why you didn't support the DP because of lack of evidence or false evidence??

I gave 3 reasons.

No, the system will NEVER be perfect. Someday someone will find a way to plant or cheat the DNA. There will never be an absolute means of finding someone guilty or innocent, therefore we can't use an absolute means of punishment.

Then why should we put them away when there is no absoulte means of judgement?? Let them go free and let them kill. It's there Job and thats what there good at right.

Justin24 said:
Then why should we put them away when there is no absoulte means of judgement?? Let them go free and let them kill. It's there Job and thats what there good at right.

That's a ridiculous leap of logic. Nothing we do in life is absolute, except death. There's no coming back from death. There is coming back from a wrongful life sentence though.

Ok well then all the people that did do the crime should pay and if they murdered then they should be executed. An eye for an eye.

Justin24 said:
Ok well then all the people that did do the crime should pay and if they murdered then they should be executed. An eye for an eye.

So now you are just back to your original stance, not debating any of the issues brought up.

So what if you execute the wrong man or woman? Are you going to apply eye for an eye, an idea that was abandoned with the NT, to all walks of life? You hit someone with your car, so they should in return hit you with theirs? You exagerate on your taxes and someone should cheat on your paycheck?

Come on...

So locking up some one for the rest of there lives is the best option??????? While families will not see the person who is dead for the rest of there lives.

Justin24 said:
So locking up some one for the rest of there lives is the best option??????? While families will not see the person who is dead for the rest of there lives.

Yes. Murder isn't fair. No matter what the family of the murdered one will lose. There is nothing that will make it better or fair for the family.

So all we can do is try and run the best criminal system we can, and that means being certain we are keeping innocent people alive, even if that means keeping murders in prison for life.

Do you see anyway around it? How are you going to explain to the family of the innocent that was killed because someone cheated the DNA, and it gets discovered 6 months later? Whoops my bad.:|

And for the real murderes, oops your sons dead, He will get life in prison, lifes a bitch.

Well if you believe in judgement day, Billions of people will be executed to hell.

So Is that ok since he is god?

Last edited:
If he were here today and saw how things were, and since he is God (Trinity) The earth would be like Soddom and Gahmora now. So pretty much everyone.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Like I've said, nothing will bring back their son.

Yes but the murderer who is the son, father, mother daughter of someone get's to live??? Does that make sense.

martha said:

:hmm:

I'm sure He's thrilled to hear to hear your assessment of Him.

Thanks. I am sure I'll go to purgatory for that. Maybe we will see each other there. LOL

God if you believe in him kills Millions each day. I mean if God is love, why create hell?

Justin24 said:

Does that make sense.

Does life? Does it make sense that there's murder to begin with? Does it make sense to execute people with an imperfect system? Does it make sense to project our own thoughts and feelings onto God?

I'll give you a hint, the answer to all of these questions is the same 2 letter word.

You can't possibly say no to all that. God gave us a right to think on our own, to make our OWN judgements on whats right and wrong and if a person is found guilty 100% of murder, then he or she should be executed.

Speaking of Judgements. I am sure you judge people all the time and don't lie about it.

martha said:

You and I have different concepts of God.

What is your Concept of God? a God who never gets angry, a God that is forgiving even if we kill 1 person or a million. I believe god loves, but like us we have limits.

But Jesus is God, The Holy Spirit is God, The Father is God. I believe all three of those.

Unless God from the Old Testament god Tired of Killing and said, hmmmmmmmmmmm I am gonna send a piece of my self to tell them to stop. Guess what the idea of killing already stuck in people heads and they killed a piece of him and we will continue to. This time he wont interfere and let us handle it and when we die and meet him he will give the real judgement.

This may sound crazy, but it's not. My imagination runs wild.

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
But Jesus is God, The Holy Spirit is God, The Father is God. I believe all three of those.

So then you believe the Sermon on the Mount? Jesus telling people to forget about the "eye for an eye" and turn the other cheek. (Matthew) And to love our enemies? (Luke)

These passages suggest nonresistance, pacifism, and nonviolence.

Life is a mystery, and full of loads of hardships and suffering. But if we as a society fail to see the potential power of good responding to evil, then what hope do we have?

Also, for the record, regarding lethal injection, there are 3 stages to it. The injected's eyes are closed so it *appears* that he/she is sleeping and comfortable, but the truth of the matter is a lot of painful damage is going on inside. The first stage is just a coverup to ease our conscious into thinking that it isn't as painful as it really is.

How do you know this??? Did they come back from the dead and tell you? Those messages seem out of place in this day and age.

Back
Top Bottom