For all the opponents of the death penalty....read this - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #166
She's the One

Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

So a civilized nation should be like. Oh you killed some one shame on you now you can sit in this cell forever. Just to let you know some of the luxarys while your here include. a mess hall to eat. A yard and gym to work out, a library, congregation area for you to watch TV. If your feeling sick, we have 24 hr medical attention for you. Your cost nothing. Cost to the people outside millions. Enjoy.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #167
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Quote:

So a civilized nation should be like. Oh you killed some one shame on you now you can sit in this cell forever. Just to let you know some of the luxarys while your here include. a mess hall to eat. A yard and gym to work out, a library, congregation area for you to watch TV. If your feeling sick, we have 24 hr medical attention for you. Your cost nothing. Cost to the people outside millions. Enjoy.
No a civilized nation should know when there aren't absolutes. A civilized nation knows that no matter how advanced they are, they can't play god. A civilized nation knows it's faults. A civilized nation should never base it's justice on revenge.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #168
She's the One

Local Time: 07:07 AM
I don't think I can discuss this anymore with someone who refuses to listen, consider, or even think straight.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #169
Refugee

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Justin...what's your view if a dead man is later found to be innocent? Oh well, never mind, we'll try to do better next time?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Justin, I'm still curious as to how you would reconcile "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" with "100% accuracy and fact". Would you change the level of proof required for criminal convictions? Would you completely restructure the justice system as we know it?

There's more to it than someone murdering someone else and whether or not s/he deserves to die.

Personally, I prefer a justice system that focuses on the rights of individuals in general, and not on extreme punitive sentences for mass murders.
They should revamp the whole system.

Find out who is really innocent or guilty. The ones who are guilty because all evidence deems them guilty of murder should be executed.

Criminals should not have anyrights, they forfeit them when they kill someone.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org
Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

No a civilized nation should know when there aren't absolutes. A civilized nation knows that no matter how advanced they are, they can't play god. A civilized nation knows it's faults. A civilized nation should never base it's justice on revenge.

IT IS NOT REVENGE!!! So is it revenge when we lock up a robber who has robbed multiple banks or stores??
Old 09-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org
And keeping a person in jail for life will bring down crime?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
R.I.P Timothy Titsworth. Born 8th March 1978 Murdered by the state 6th June 2006
Current mood: sad

I felt i wanted to post this in memoriam for my friend. He and I were Neighbours for quite some time we formulated a brother like bond. A TRUE friendship. Over a decade ago my friend took a young womans life. First id like to say i have the deepest sympathy for this woman, her family and friends. I have a weakness for womaen and children so it breaks my heart to hear of any harm being brought upon them. I made this fact clear and known to Timothy but i could see it broke his heart too. Timothy was of the most upbeat guys i know, but when he spoke of this night the pain, the saddness and the regret was just too obvious to ignore. Knowing him as i did I can honestly say that i Feel Timothy was a completly different person when i met him, as opposed to the night he took that young ladies life. He genuinely changed for the better but the state of Texas refused to see that or take that in to account. They never do, they seem to think people dont change for some reason. They condemn us thats it from that day forth, their minds are hell bent on revenge what they call CLOSURE. I wonder if this womans family received any real closure i doubt it, but in all honesty i truely hope so because Timothy was killed in the name of CLOSURE for what he did. Sounds like revenge to me but thats besides the point Whats important is I personally knew Timothy he genuinely regreted what he did, he was a completly different person when they slaughtered him like an animal.

DID HE DESERVE TO PAY FOR WHAT HE DONE? Of course he did, something even he agreed to, he took a human life, he never ever denied that fact, thats something nobody has the right to do. Not even the government.

On this night that my friend took this ladies life he was under the influence of not only cocaine, heroin, L.S.D and marijuana, but alcohol as well, not a good mixture, however it is a mixture that could drive anyone to do anything, and on this night my friend did the unthinkable. The D.A said he played God by taking this womans life, but them taking his is supposed to be alright. What "they" do is somehow different, in their twisted eyes. I dont understand how they can contradict themselfs, so obviously on this level continue to murder human beings and call it justice in the name of closure. Its revenge not Closure. Its anything but justice.

Without those of you who oppose the death penalty this maddness will only continue. Again my heart genuinely goes out to the victims and families. The young lady in question should never have met the fate she did. Even i felt my friend deserved to pay for what he did, but he didnt only pay, he paid the ultimate price with his life. The state of texas made him and his family victims, Murder for Murderm is not the answer it only creates more victims.

Death row Prisoners need your help to bring this maddness to an end not only my friend but to those before and after him.

I strive daily to do all i can to see to it that the death penalty is one day no longer a factor. Watching helplessly as my friend was murdered by the state, helped fuel this fire. I hope my words fuel that same fire within you. We truely need you in this fight!! To stand up out there for whats right, to show these people we are tired of thim adding to the victim count.

I carry memories of my friend with me everyday. I still wish he was here. I miss him and know others do too. His name will live on through me and others I gave him my word on that, i also gave him my words that id strive on, so still i strive in the struggle.

REST IN PEACE TIMOTHY T TITSWORTH AKA 50-50

MUCH LOVE BRO
http://www.myspace.com/freejoshmaxwell
Old 09-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:

They should revamp the whole system.

Find out who is really innocent or guilty. The ones who are guilty because all evidence deems them guilty of murder should be executed.

Criminals should not have anyrights, they forfeit them when they kill someone.
But everything you're saying only matters after-the-fact, if in fact they are convicted. How do you implement a system where this would be possible?

In a perfect world, yes, only those who are truly guilty are convicted and punished, but having taken courses in law and criminal investigations as well as coming from a family of high ranking law enforcement officials, I know this isn't possible and means nothing as far as the actual preparation for such a case is concerned.

HOW would we achieve what you're proposing? At the tactical level...
Old 09-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #176
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

IT IS NOT REVENGE!!! So is it revenge when we lock up a robber who has robbed multiple banks or stores??
No revenge would be to rob them back.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #177
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Is that the point to the death penalty?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Personaly i think deathpanalty will raise heavy crime because the accused is willing to do eveything to keep out of deathrow.

I guess you did not find this :

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/arti...ancial%20facts
Old 09-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

This is going now where. All of us think we are right in our thinking. Some would rather let murders live for 60 years while some of us want them dead now.

"HOW would we achieve what you're proposing? At the tactical level." Fix the Government first.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #180
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
You judge some one to a life sentence is still a form of execution.
A few pages back you called it "soft."