Foiled Terrorist Plot in Spain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
MADRID (Reuters) - Police arrested seven suspected Islamic militants in raids across Spain on Monday to foil a planned bomb attack on the High Court, judicial sources said.

The seven suspects, including four Algerians and one Moroccan, were arrested in the southern region of Andalusia, the Mediterranean city of Valencia and Madrid.

Further arrests could be made in the coming hours as part of the operation against a radical and violent Muslim network, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.

Crusading Judge Baltasar Garzon ordered the arrests as part of his inquiry into Islamic militant cells in Spain.

The suspects had been in contact with other individuals in Europe, the United States and Australia, the statement said.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20041018/wl_nm/security_spain_arrests_dc

So it would seem that even though Spain withdrew from Iraq it is still a target, self-evident fact is that we are all worthy of death in the minds of Islamists until we either commit mass suicide or convert to Islam (case in point the words of cleric Abu Bakr Bashir the terrorist kingpin - "My message to the families [of the dead and injured] is please convert to Islam as soon as possible.'" - this was in relation to Bali but it is often used, this is global war motivated by religious hatred and that is something that we cannot grasp with our soft and decadent mindset - at least from the terrorists perspective). The possibility of an attack anywhere western does not surprise me and I am very glad that it has been averted so make no mistake I would never ever be satisfied after an attack even if it proved a point, terrorism is evil and nobody deserves it.

Anyway it is not only the averted attack itself that gets me angry (I wouldnt expect any less from mass murdering religious nuts) but Reuters refering to the judge as a "crusading" - what the bloody hell does that mean. They take the greatest pains to never use Jihad in their reporting, they would not want to offend the sensibilities of the mass murdering, head lopping, child slicing terrorists so they always use nondescript terminology such as millitant, rebel or activist etc. but to call the judge a crusading jude for going after them - they are using jihadi terminology - the judge is a crusader - now and I do not like it one bit.

Last edited:
You're right, they shouldn't be lambasting a judge for going after terrorists. The terrorists are an embarrassment to all good Muslims. The prime minister of Turkey, Erdogan, is a very religious Muslim. Does he like these terrorists who are trying to rip off his religion? No. The good Muslim people want these terrorists brought to justice, not ignored.

A_Wanderer said:
Anyway it is not only the averted attack itself that gets me angry (I wouldnt expect any less from mass murdering religious nuts) but Reuters refering to the judge as a "crusading" - what the bloody hell does that mean. They take the greatest pains to never use Jihad in their reporting, they would not want to offend the sensibilities of the mass murdering, head lopping, child slicing terrorists so they always use nondescript terminology such as millitant, rebel or activist etc. but to call the judge a crusading jude for going after them - they are using jihadi terminology - the judge is a crusader - now and I do not like it one bit.

It would be interesting to see who actually wrote the story. Using the term "crusading" may be a method of marking the judge for "the infidel treatment".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom