Florida predictions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PlaTheGreat said:
Am I allowed to vote in the primaries? I'm listed as NPA. I could vote Republican this time around and turn the tide. :wink:

At least you didn't get to experience the feeling of voting for Obama in an election that didn't really count but Hillary is claiming victory for anyway.

Not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything :reject:.

Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about the Ron Paul blimp stalking me anymore :shifty:

I personally can't wait to rip down all the "Google Ron Paul" adverts at my university after he concedes. :wink:

Do you have to vote for the slots thing too, or was the solely a South Florida thing?

PlaTheGreat said:
I personally can't wait to rip down all the "Google Ron Paul" adverts at my university after he concedes. :wink:

First they ignore you.

Then they laugh at you.

Then they fight you.

Then you win.

--Mohandas Gandhi

kellyahern said:
Then you get 3% of the vote and fly your blimp off to another state?

j/k

"First they ignore you.

Then they laugh at you.

Then they fight you.

Then you win."

--Mohandas Gandhi

Why are Ron Paul's supporters not showing up at the polls? It's a valid question.

anitram said:
Why are Ron Paul's supporters not showing up at the polls? It's a valid question.

A generation (several generations) reared on cheap credit, cheap 'gas', cheap electronic goods, cheap religion and cheap politics isn't necessarily likely to have developed the discernment necessary to recognise the truth when it finally presents itself.

PlaTheGreat said:
all the "Google Ron Paul" adverts

Well fuck that's the problem right there! All the Ron Paul supporters are so busy googling him no one manages to vote for him. :wink:

financeguy said:
A generation (several generations) reared on cheap credit, cheap 'gas', cheap electronic goods, cheap religion and cheap politics isn't necessarily likely to have developed the discernment necessary to recognise the truth when it finally presents itself.

I respect that we fundamentally disagree on Ron Paul, but I have certainly offered rather detailed reasons as to why I do not think that Paul is good for America that don't involve any of those criteria. It is because, fundamentally, I believe him to be the most reactionary of all the GOP candidates, which runs counter to my idea that we, as a civilization, need to move forward, rather than being chained to the past.

I do believe that we are approaching a point where the policies of the last 30 years are breaking at the seams, much like the collapse of Keynesian capitalism in the early-to-mid 1970s. However, replacing a failing approach with, in my opinion, a fundamentally wrong approach like Paul's is no solution.

Last edited:
What an asshole McCain is. In his victory speech tonight he said good words about and thanked Romney, Giuliani and Huckabee, but didn't even mention Ron Paul.

Or maybe he is just old to remember all the candidates in the race.

:tsk:

deep said:
He is not too old to remember who is not only against the surge,
but against everything that Bush has done in Iraq.

I must ask. Is this an insult against McCain or Paul? I don't quite understand what you are trying to say here.

I am saying that McCain is 100% pro the Bush Iraq policy.
He intentionally left Paul and his supporters out of his kind words and thank yous.

namkcuR said:
Is Rudy dropping out? Is this a concession speech he's giving?

Yep. He's gone.

Question: Will Giuliani's endorsement of McCain actually help him? Methinks not quite as much as he's hoping.

deep said:
I am saying that McCain is 100% pro the Bush Iraq policy.
He intentionally left Paul and his supporters out of his kind words and thank yous.

Oh yes, I agree, 100%. It is sad that this new breed of radical American fundamentalists go as far as shutting out people who disagree with their own views in order to gain popularity. It just shows how unconfident they are in themselves that they have to go the extra mile to shut out all those who prove a threat to their existence in power.

:( Maybe this will help a little

MittRomneyYouth05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom