Florida execution takes much longer than usual - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
But if the punishment had been harsh enough at least it would have disencouraged later crimes somewhat.
But it doesn't. At least not in the cases this thread is referring to. Dictatorship and the likes is an entirely different animal. It doesn't even apply here so why keep bringing it up? It has no credibility for this debate. The death penalty does not deter crime in the USA.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #122
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Not necessarilly. But if the punishment had been harsh enough at least it would have disencouraged later crimes somewhat.
Where do you get this from? There is no evidence that proves this.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Where do you get this? You think death is better than life in prison? I thought you didn't care about their well being?

Look, there is no 100% way of knowing, so until then how can there be an absolute punishment? ANSWER THAT? Answer without an emotional response...
A person who deals drugs and is arressted is put in jail for a certain amout of time. People who murder are either A) put in prison for life or B) executed for the murders.

Listen I know that executing will not bring back your loved one, but knowing the person who killed a family member is still alive is so wrong in everyway. Why should I think about how his family will go through. It's there fault for not raising there child right.

And lethal injection is not as bad as bludgeoning someone to death and if for some reason there still alive but die in a few hours or days from the trauma, dont you think thats worse than sticking a needle in the arm and dying in 20 minutes? Execution is the last form of punishment. You must have done something reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly bad to deserve it.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 PM   #124
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:
Then what was it? What was the reason behind it? Whatever it was, let´s do it.

I´m all for eliminating crime by ANY means necessary. I don´t see how anyone besides a criminal would not want that.
Did you ever take a closer look at dictatorship, in your country or anywhere else?

People got killed there just for being against the dictator, or thinking differently.

It's not as simple as do this, get that, like you think.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I really wish human rights wouldn't be such an obstacle for harsh punishments. It would give everybody a safer enviornment to live in.
Why are you a U2 fan? I know this is not directly related to the argument, but really, have you ever listened to their lyrics? Have you ever seen a concert? Are you one of the people who takes a piss during the Miss Sarajevo speech and then talks loudly through the song?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Not necessarilly. But if the punishment had been harsh enough at least it would have disencouraged later crimes somewhat.

Death penalty is the harshest punishment one can think of.

Did that ever stop killing at all.

Like I said, criminals don't think about the consequences while they commit any crimes.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Where do you get this from? There is no evidence that proves this.

You know what? You´re right. Harsher punishments don´t stop most people from committing huge crimes. People don´t rob jewlery stores or banks just because of their good will not because of punishments...
Old 12-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #128
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

A person who deals drugs and is arressted is put in jail for a certain amout of time. People who murder are either A) put in prison for life or B) executed for the murders.

Listen I know that executing will not bring back your loved one, but knowing the person who killed a family member is still alive is so wrong in everyway. Why should I think about how his family will go through. It's there fault for not raising there child right.

And lethal injection is not as bad as bludgeoning someone to death and if for some reason there still alive but die in a few hours or days from the trauma, dont you think thats worse than sticking a needle in the arm and dying in 20 minutes? Execution is the last form of punishment. You must have done something reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly bad to deserve it.
Keep trying, your response is still as emotionally based as it gets....
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #129
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

You did exactly what I asked you not to do, you answered with an emotional response and never addressed the real question at hand.

So I'll ask again: there is no 100% way of knowing, so until then how can there be an absolute punishment?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

Why are you a U2 fan? I know this is not directly related to the argument, but really, have you ever listened to their lyrics? Have you ever seen a concert? Are you one of the people who takes a piss during the Miss Sarajevo speech and then talks loudly through the song?

Human rights are for those who respect their neighbor´s human rights.

It´s only fair.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #131
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Then they would be called Innocent Rights, not Human Rights.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Then they should be fixed.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Human rights are for those who respect their neighbor´s human rights.

It´s only fair.
Then you're not talking about human RIGHTS. If you use the word "right" you have to assume EVERYONE gets it regardless of what they are dealing out to others or if they deserve it...
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

I would be interested if a reversable coma could be induced as punishment long term; if it is even feesible or could be done without serious brain damage to get the same effect in a reversable manner.
This is a pretty scary as an idea. To tamper with somebody's health on the level of creating living zombies for what reason? As others have said, the point of punishment is also rehabilitation. Well, if someone is in a coma, there goes rehabilitation. And further, I do believe in a punitive aspect of punishment, in fact aside from my objection to the death penalty on moral grounds I believe that life in prison is cheaper and harsher. If someone could basically go to sleep and wake up a few years older, rather than suffer the solitude and hardship of prison, how is that much of a punishment at all?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #135
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You know what? You´re right. Harsher punishments don´t stop most people from committing huge crimes. People don´t rob jewlery stores or banks just because of their good will not because of punishments...
Bang your head all you want, your education on this subject is poor.

And this response makes no sense. Why haven't you ever mugged someone? Because of your understanding of what's right or wrong, you don't need to, or is just because you don't want to risk jailtime?