Florida execution takes much longer than usual - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

I really wish human rights wouldn't be such an obstacle for harsh punishments. It would give everybody a safer enviornment to live in.

I wonder if we live on the same planet.

Let's abolish human rights. You in the developing world would probably really love when we stepped in, steam rolled all over you, made you our colonial slaves and sent you to banana plantations so we can buy them at Walmart for 2 cents a pound.

I can't believe how short sighted you are about what human rights really mean.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:29 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

I wonder if we live on the same planet.

Let's abolish human rights. You in the developing world would probably really love when we stepped in, steam rolled all over you, made you our colonial slaves and sent you to banana plantations so we can buy them at Walmart for 2 cents a pound.

I can't believe how short sighted you are about what human rights really mean.
I never said abolish human rights. I said that they shouldn't be an obstacle for justice as they usually are. I'm sick and tired of having innocent civillians humilliated, raped, beat and murdered while the criminals are protected and confined into a "humane" jail cell. Screw that.

Bring on the harsh punishments. Off with their heads.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:52 PM   #93
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I never said abolish human rights.
Actually that's exactly what your posts are suggesting.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:08 AM   #94
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:

I never said abolish human rights. I said that they shouldn't be an obstacle for justice as they usually are. I'm sick and tired of having innocent civillians humilliated, raped, beat and murdered while the criminals are protected and confined into a "humane" jail cell. Screw that.

Bring on the harsh punishments. Off with their heads.
Your ignorance is shining through. Get learned before you come to an opinion.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:54 AM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:36 AM
I see it more as a gut reaction, the same that people have to paedophiles and rapists, the punishment people want to see is disproportionate to the terrible crime that they commit. If we succumb to such urges then wheres the end? Do we make it a crime for girls who embarress their families?

I would be interested if a reversable coma could be induced as punishment long term; if it is even feesible or could be done without serious brain damage to get the same effect in a reversable manner.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Your ignorance is shining through. Get learned before you come to an opinion.
How? How is it "shining"? Because it disgusts me to see criminals who disrespected innocent people´s integrity being treated with respect themselves? How is that fair?
Old 12-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

How? How is it "shining"? Because it disgusts me to see criminals who disrespected innocent people´s integrity being treated with respect themselves? How is that fair?
For the same reasons that have been posted by Angela, Axver, Anitram, and myself... You know, the ones you chose to ignore.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:36 PM
We have learned from the past and value people more than in the middle ages.

Now we believe in rehabilitation, and don't want to sink to the level of criminals.

And as said before, brutal punishment doesn't stop crime.
Old people here in Germany also come with the argument, under Hitler Germany was such a safe place.
Like your country under the dictatorship. But there it is, under a dictatorship.

We have overcome this stupid time, and learned that everybody has to be treated with some respect.

Of course it's shit when people get robbed, and you want some punishment. But cutting their hands off doesn't help.
No one becomes a burglar out of fun, but because they are desperately trying to survive and don't see another possiblity.
So we have to show them another perspective, and give them a chance to do better in future.
That is reached by rehablitation. Of course, not always, but nothing is perfect.

And if rehabilitation isn't enough, we lock people away for the rest of their life.
But we stopped to kill other people.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I disagree. There is no excuse for being a criminal.

I´m really glad you guys have never had a criminal hurt you or one of your loved ones because then you would stop being so benign with them.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
We have learned from the past and value people more than in the middle ages.

Now we believe in rehabilitation, and don't want to sink to the level of criminals.

And as said before, brutal punishment doesn't stop crime.
Old people here in Germany also come with the argument, under Hitler Germany was such a safe place.
Like your country under the dictatorship. But there it is, under a dictatorship.

We have overcome this stupid time, and learned that everybody has to be treated with some respect.

Of course it's shit when people get robbed, and you want some punishment. But cutting their hands off doesn't help.
No one becomes a burglar out of fun, but because they are desperately trying to survive and don't see another possiblity.
So we have to show them another perspective, and give them a chance to do better in future.
That is reached by rehablitation. Of course, not always, but nothing is perfect.

And if rehabilitation isn't enough, we lock people away for the rest of their life.
But we stopped to kill other people.
Did you ever watch the show 30 days by Morgan Spearlock. He went to Prison for 30 days. Towards the end, one of the men is released but ends up back in prison, where is the rehabilitiation?? Once some one murders another human being there are non-human. When a person executes the murderer it's like putting an animal down. I doubt it's that painful unlike his/her vicitims went through.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #101
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I disagree. There is no excuse for being a criminal.
You've never broken any law?

Quote:

I´m really glad you guys have never had a criminal hurt you or one of your loved ones because then you would stop being so benign with them.
Horrible, horrible assumption. Do you really want to share lists? I doubt it.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:36 PM
Quote:

I'm glad you're so quick to make assumptions about people you don't know

I won't even go into what criminals have done to hurt our family (my mom's side) because honestly I don't see how it's relevant. Lives have been destroyed by criminals, and we've even had criminals in our family.

There is no logical reason for capital punishment. It does not deter crime, it is more expensive, it takes money/time/resources/focus off of more important issues, and it sometimes punishes people who never even committed the crime. Setting religion, morals, and personal experiences aside, the death penalty is still stupid.

If revenge means THAT much to you, then go pick a fight with the criminal and pull the trigger yourself. My votes and tax dollars should be used on actual issues.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #103
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Did you ever watch the show 30 days by Morgan Spearlock. He went to Prison for 30 days. Towards the end, one of the men is released but ends up back in prison, where is the rehabilitiation??
One example means no rehabilitation?

Quote:

Once some one murders another human being there are non-human. When a person executes the murderer it's like putting an animal down. I doubt it's that painful unlike his/her vicitims went through.
You just defended a murderer a few pages back, is he no longer human? If you're framed are you no longer human?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Thats why I keep stressing that we have DNA and other methods to prove one GUILT
Old 12-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Thats why I keep stressing that we have DNA and other methods to prove one GUILT
That still doesn't prove anything 100%.