Florida execution takes much longer than usual - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
If he didn't want to do the time he shouldn't have done the crime. Simple as that. He got about as much respect for his life as he showed for his victim's. Seems fair to me.
That was very well said.

You all know my position on the DP - I'm all for it in cases of premeditated murder and especially in the cases involving the rapes and murders of children.

If there were any justice in the world then criminals would be punished in the manner in which they committed their crimes - stabbers should be stabbed, stranglers should be strangled, poisoners should be poisoned...etc.

The most horrible case for me is Jessica Lunsford, who was kidnapped, abused, stuffed in a garbage bag and buried alive where she died a slow death......what punishment could possibly be suitable for Cooey other than the same slow and painful death he caused that little girl?

I understand that some of you don't agree with me and that's ok, debate is good.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:57 AM   #32
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Give us a logical and sane reason not based on compassionate grounds why the death penalty is just. I am aware of your objections, not having read them much before. I'm very interested in clinical reasoning.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

No, dont ever be sorry, Amy. It IS fucked. So unbelievably fucked that it is beyond comprehension the attitudes of you all who support the death penalty. Honestly, what kind of people are you to wish death on another human? Some of you make my skin absolutely crawl.
Aren't you being judgemental now??
Old 12-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #34
Refugee

Quote:
Give us a logical and sane reason not based on compassionate grounds why the death penalty is just. I am aware of your objections, not having read them much before. I'm very interested in clinical reasoning.
Short answer:
Mainly because a person should not be allowed the right to live after he/she took that right from the victim.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:10 AM   #35
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Aren't you being judgemental now??
Very much so, Justin. And really, does that even begin to matter when we are talking about the life of another human being who you are judging not worthy of life? You want to pull me up for stating a fact that your views repulse me, while you calmly talk about some percieved right to kill someone?
Old 12-16-2006, 06:11 AM   #36
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

Short answer:
Mainly because a person should not be allowed the right to live after he/she took that right from the victim.
Based on what grounds? How is it just?
Old 12-16-2006, 06:12 AM   #37
Refugee

Quote:

No, dont ever be sorry, Amy. It IS fucked. So unbelievably fucked that it is beyond comprehension the attitudes of you all who support the death penalty. Honestly, what kind of people are you to wish death on another human? Some of you make my skin absolutely crawl.
I don't wish death on anyone and I'm really sorry that I make your skin crawl. I'm actually a decent human being when you get to know me.

However, I do not consider Cooey a human being, I do not consider Duncan a human being and I didn't consider Ted Bundy and Timothy McVeigh human beings either - they were monsters who do not deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of the human race.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:18 AM   #38
Refugee

Quote:

Angela,
G-d forbid, if anything ever happened to one of my loved ones, my stomach would churn at the thought of the murderer getting away with it by getting his life when he had total disregard for another life.

How can I be satisfied that justice has been served when the murderer is in jail, watching TV, having sex with cellmates and living on the taxpayer's money while my loved one is dead and buried.

Why should the murderer get mercy when the victim didn't? Where's the justice in THAT
Old 12-16-2006, 06:28 AM   #39
Jesus Online

Is it really a decent act to hope for/condone/wish for/truly believe that death is the most rational and reasonable response to someone committing a murder? I'm sure you are a very decent person, but your view (this one belief of yours) leaves me cold. Your view is based solely on compassionate grounds. There's no rational logic in it.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:37 AM   #40
Refugee

Quote:
Is it really a decent act to hope for/condone/wish for/truly believe that death is the most rational and reasonable response to someone committing a murder? I'm sure you are a very decent person, but your view (this one belief of yours) leaves me cold. Your view is based solely on compassionate grounds. There's no rational logic in it.
Explain what you mean by "rational".

I gave you my rational explanation - I don't believe that a murderer should have the right to live when he didn't afford that right to his victim.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:45 AM   #41
Jesus Online

I'll try and reply again tomorrow. Off to bed.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Just look at the stats. The US has the death penalty. Can't see the number of murders going down. Not really a deterrent.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:55 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Quote:

Just is a term of morality, an argument of proportional punishment fits. Of course by that same logic rapists should themselves be punished with rape.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

I am sorry I dont feel that way. It's my own opinion. If someone killed my brother or any family memeber, that person better get the DP or I will kill him/her myself.
And face death penalty.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by adrball

Not really. If you could GUARANTEE 100% that he was guilty, then a slow painful death is as good as any death.

But you can't GUARANTEE it. And that is the only reason why it should be abolished.
You are really OK with the state, and by extension the public and you and all of us, inflicting slow painful deaths for vengeance's sake? That is immoral and disgusting.