Florida execution takes much longer than usual - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:11 AM
If he didn't want to do the time he shouldn't have done the crime. Simple as that. He got about as much respect for his life as he showed for his victim's. Seems fair to me.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #17
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 03:11 AM
^ and that is why society is fucked.

Im sorry, but capital punishment is disgusting and we shouldn't kill someone for killing someone else. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE.

I believe that people who take the life of another on purpose, should go to goal for the rest of their life.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

No. It makes perfect sense. If the punishment for killing someone is death and they still go ahead and do it then they basically killed themselves.

The only people who should be afraid of capital punishment are criminals themselves.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

The only people who should be afraid of capital punishment are criminals themselves.
how about the innocent people who have been executed, then later cleared of the crime they were convicted of?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Ugh thats scary stuff

The death sentence is wrong wrong wrong
Old 12-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #21
Vocal parasite

Quote:
It makes perfect sense.
Yeah, bloodthirsty vengeance makes so much more sense than rehabilitation and valuing life, doesn't it?

I would love to know why we should not value human life just because Convicted Murderer X did not. Or in other words, why stoop to their level?

Quote:
If the punishment for killing someone is death and they still go ahead and do it then they basically killed themselves.

And yet capital punishment has not worked as a deterrent and never has. Your argument has been by others tried time and time again and has long since been found wanting. Find a more effective method of deterring crime.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
No. It makes perfect sense. If the punishment for killing someone is death and they still go ahead and do it then they basically killed themselves.

You're assuming that when people kill that they are thinking rationally. I don't know any exact numbers, but I would venture to say that a majority of them are crimes of passion - where the thought of punishment is furthest from a killer's mind. You could have punishment be the killing of the murderer's family and murders would still occur. Rage does some bad things to people's heads.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:11 AM   #23
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:11 PM
We should have public caining (kaning sp?)
Old 12-16-2006, 02:09 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:11 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6185007.stm

We cane people.

I hate it.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:42 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...

I find it absolutely horrifyingly sad that conservatives (in general) are wholly against "taking the life" of an unborn fetus, but yet when it comes to living, breathing people they throw life away as if it's worthless.

I don't want this to turn into a discussion on abortion, it is just an observation. That's all.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:50 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

I find it absolutely horrifyingly sad that conservatives (in general) are wholly against "taking the life" of an unborn fetus, but yet when it comes to living, breathing people they throw life away as if it's worthless.

I don't want this to turn into a discussion on abortion, it is just an observation. That's all.
Babies dont have a choice. People who commit murder do.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:53 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

I'm with you on this, but I'm against abortion though.

The DP is wrong for a crap load of reasons. I was in Amnesty Int. in college and we had a lady who came and spoke at the university against the dp from the victim's perspective. Her pregnant sister and brother-in-law were murdered. She gave a long list of reasons why it's crap, but the ultimate was she knew it wouldn't bring her sister back and she didn't want her sister's life to be remembered by another death or for the killer's family to go through what she was going through.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:56 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The DP is flawed and when you're dealing with human life, you shouldn't use a flawed system like that.
It's been proven racist.
The poor are often killed more.
There's the issues of what age is old enough for it and what degree of mental illness or retardation should count.
It's also way more expensive to society, if that means anything.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:57 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen

I'm with you on this, but I'm against abortion though.

The DP is wrong for a crap load of reasons. I was in Amnesty Int. in college and we had a lady who came and spoke at the university against the dp from the victim's perspective. Her pregnant sister and brother-in-law were murdered. She gave a long list of reasons why it's crap, but the ultimate was she knew it wouldn't bring her sister back and she didn't want her sister's life to be remembered by another death or for the killer's family to go through what she was going through.
I am sorry I dont feel that way. It's my own opinion. If someone killed my brother or any family memeber, that person better get the DP or I will kill him/her myself.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:19 AM   #30
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
^ and that is why society is fucked.

Im sorry, but capital punishment is disgusting and we shouldn't kill someone for killing someone else. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE.

I believe that people who take the life of another on purpose, should go to goal for the rest of their life.
No, dont ever be sorry, Amy. It IS fucked. So unbelievably fucked that it is beyond comprehension the attitudes of you all who support the death penalty. Honestly, what kind of people are you to wish death on another human? Some of you make my skin absolutely crawl.