Flier Claims Southwest Attendant Played Fashion Police - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Noooo, I listened to her interview, studied her demeanor, even after all of this, did you?
Well your initial post said nothing about the interview (and everything about her "skanky" clothes), but now you are saying that's what you made your judgment on? So which is it really? Yes I saw her Today interview and I couldn't form any judgment about her character, attitude, and respect-other than she seemed like a pleasant person and had a lovely smile. That's about it. I guess you are a qualified expert in media analysis of people or something, just based upon one interview.

And yes, you should refrain from calling people here "imbeciles". I believe that's probably against the rules.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Well your initial post said nothing about the interview (and everything about her "skanky" clothes), but now you are saying that's what you made your judgment on? So which is it really? Yes I saw her Today interview and I couldn't form any judgment about her character, attitude, and respect-other than she seemed like a pleasant person and had a lovely smile. That's about it. I guess you are a qualified expert in media analysis of people or something, just based upon one interview.

And yes, you should refrain from calling people here "imbeciles". I believe that's probably against the rules.
Well based more on the facts of the case as they unfolded and her interview I side w the airline.

We view this differently, and I think she had her skirt hiked up made a stink about it and got her just desserts.

Now she's all over the media trying to play the victim and some people like you are gobbling it up.

And if a dinkus male dancer jumped on the plane and his appearance were deemed offensive he should be treated in the same manner.

And to attempt to extrapolate the argument to religions such as Mormonism, somebody wearing a Mormon T Shirt, or a Muslim dressed in Muslim attire to skanky dressers is quite a stretch and only shows a weak minded argument.

dbs

Old 09-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #153
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:

And to attempt to extrapolate the argument to religions such as Mormonism, somebody wearing a Mormon T Shirt, or a Muslim dressed in Muslim attire to skanky dressers is quite a stretch and only shows a weak minded argument.
It still comes down to clothing and one person's interpretation of what's offensive and what's not. It still comes down to a subjective call, not an objective one.

You can't see the correlation or answer the questions, so you resort to name calling like most of your posts and most 4th graders, that's what's weak minded.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #154
ONE
love, blood, life

Owning an airline, guess what? You get to make subjective calls, so get over it.

You have other options in this country for mode of travel, and I would encouage you to dress appropiately there too, or you can try wearing a thong and riding your bike down Main Street and see how far you'd make it with your Jonny Cash attitude.

dbs
Old 09-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #155
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Owning an airline, guess what? You get to make subjective calls, so get over it.
The attendant doesn't own the airline.

Quote:

and see how far you'd make it with your Jonny Cash attitude.

Wow, that's extremely mature of you...
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life

actually it's quite accurate.

dbs
Old 09-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

We view this differently, and I think she had her skirt hiked up made a stink about it and got her just desserts.

Now she's all over the media trying to play the victim and some people like you are gobbling it up.
"People like me"? Is that codespeak? How clever.

You think she had her skirt hiked up and made a stink-that is what you think. What are the "more facts" and the facts from the interview that made you side with the airline? So if these facts exist, why resort to calling her dress style "skanky" and making all of your other judgments? If such facts exist, that isn't necessary-right?

If airlines get to make subjective calls then Mitt Romney t-shirt problems could be right around the corner. Personally I'd rather look at a crotch.

Johnny Cash was a pretty incredible human being, he was well aware of his own faults and failings and not judgmental of others. I don't know why you have to resort to bringing him into it at all, it's completely irrelevant.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #158
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
actually it's quite accurate.
What's accurate?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:

If airlines get to make subjective calls then Mitt Romney t-shirt problems could be right around the corner. Personally I'd rather look at a crotch.
I just did a quick google search

and judging by the number of respective websites -
you are in the over-whelming majority.

(not me - I have net nanny on my comp)

angelaH - stop picking on me.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Well based more on the facts of the case as they unfolded and her interview I side w the airline.

And if a dinkus male dancer jumped on the plane and his appearance were deemed offensive he should be treated in the same manner.

dbs
I certainly don't think she even thought there was a problem with her attire upon boarding the airline. I don't know where you get the idea that she thought to herself, "I'll dress inappropriately and make a stink if anyone disagrees." Maybe I'm misinterpreting your thoughts, but that's the jist I get with your "hiked up" comment.

And, as BVS said, this person didn't own the airline, so I don't understand what you're saying.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Noooo, I listened to her interview, studied her demeanor, even after all of this, did you?
Yes, but without your sexist attitude, so that explains the different conclusion reached.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #162
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Yes, but without your sexist attitude, so that explains the different conclusion reached.
reread the thread ms conclusion-jumper.
i would throw off the chipendale's dink too.

your rush to judgement speaks volumes.

dbs
Old 09-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #163
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #164
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
simmer down.

i would give you a buddy pass w a virgin pina colada as long as you were dressed and were behaving appropiately.

dbs
Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #165
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I wonder what would happen if a guy who works at Chippendales tried to fly to a Chippendales show in his outfit? Or just wore a skimpy pair of shorts and no shirt. Are men required to wear shirts? If it was then discovered that he worked at Chippendales (if he was just wearing those shorts, or shorts and a lil tank), what would people think?
She wasn't going to work...she was going for a day trip to her doctor!

I doubt the chippendales dancer without a shirt would make it to the security line in his shorts and no t-shirt (similar to 7-Eleven and MOST places, a shirt is usually asked of patrons in airports).

After someone from an airline (or the airport police, in this case) told he was not going to fly in that outift and he then made a big stink and went on the today Show with a lawyer and his mother, he would probably have a JOKE THREAD about him in Lemonade Stand, not so rediculous thread in FYM! ESPECIALLY if he worked at Chipendales!

By the way, I don't think you can bring children to chippendales....unlike Hooters. Nevermind, i don't know much about their hot wings. And, everytime I have been to Hooters, There was no tipping the servers in their orange shorts (I assume you can do that with the gentleman in thongs at the place you described).