First Deep Throat Now Poison Umbrella Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
The identity of the secret agent who assassinated Georgi Markov, the Bulgarian dissident, with a poison pellet umbrella on Waterloo Bridge in London has finally been revealed.

Leaked intelligence documents have named Francesco Giullino, a Dane of Italian origin who worked for the Bulgarian secret service, as the hitman who carried out the murder 26 years ago.
link

I had never heard about Georgi Markov,so thank you for starting this thread.

I did a bit of googling,and his story intrigues me.I found a book written by him on Amazon,and I might buy it.

One wonders whether there were other similar assassinations carried out by intelligence services that we don't know about.

(Cue X-Files theme music) :wink:

Any Kennedy buff knows about the pitcture of the umbrella man in Dealy Plaza.....

Just shortly before the President clutched his throat.....allegedly from the first shot.

UM.gif

Dreadsox said:
Any Kennedy buff knows about the pitcture of the umbrella man in Dealy Plaza.....

Just shortly before the President clutched his throat.....allegedly from the first shot.

True, true. :yes:

I wasn't thinking of that specifically but it might have been in the back of my subconscious. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom