Finding yourself...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Lately it seems it's a craze to 'find yourself.' So many people talk about it...what does it mean? Have YOU done it?

------------------
*I can't see that thief that lives inside of your head
But I could be some courage at the side of your bed
I don't know what's happening and I can't pretend
But I could be your, be your...*

Last time I looked, I was right here
biggrin.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

I found myself in Jesus Christ. That means that the Holy Spirit has moved in, and I have relinquished control to Him. I find my identity in Jesus Christ.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 04-08-2002).]

I don't think I've found myself...I'm just trying to deal with the person that I have found.

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

I was never lost. I know what I am, and I can deal with it. The question is can anyone else LOL.

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Interesting question.
smile.gif

I'm on my way finding myself=> becoming a person I want to be and be comfortable, satisfied and relaxed with it.

I do think to find yourself completely takes a whole lifes work but I guess to know the goal and what you want to be like defines finding yourself.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I don't know if I've found myself yet. Right now, I'm just really trying to get to know myself and accept and understand the person that I am. After I'm able to do that-I think it will be much easier to "find" what it is I'm destined for.

I found myself once, but I found myself boring and eventually lost interest in the whole damn thing; now I just wander through life aimlessly without direction... and dedicate my poor wasted youth to the wonders of sex, drugs and alchohol.

Oh, woe is me.

Ant.

WOW, that's a good topic.

Hmmm...i don't know. I guess it's a lifetime kind of thing, i don't think there's any specific time when i can say "now i found myself".
I'm figuring myself out, better yet, i'm figuring out the person i'd like to be.

*runs off singing "but I still haven't found what I'm lookin' for...."

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Half my struggle in life is because i'm obsessed with it.
Wanting to find the real me, to be happy with the real me, and it almost makes me crazy at times.
I wish I could be one of those people who didn't think about every little thing.

If you've found yourself, you're a lucky person. It is exactly what Bono is singing about in ISHFWILF.

------------------
*I am a cowgirl of funk*

I have nothing to find. I know who I am. A human BEING, not a human BECOMING

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest

What 80s said.
smile.gif

from my own standpoint, I have "found myself" more as I've gotten older...I like myself more, I don't worry about what others think so much, I kind of do what I want to do and live my life to make myself happy, rather than having my happiness shaped by how I'm viewed by the rest of the world...

Back
Top Bottom