Filibuster compromise - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Term limits for Capitol Hill and the Supreme Court, you mean. The Executive ALWAYS needs term limits...

Vertigo Gal, you're right. Nothing out there can prevent a potential attempt to change the rules. That;s mor eof an attitude problem which can never be conquered. Example is the only thing that can keepoutsized egos in check. That is, the facts on the ground prevent rash behavior. Which is where the "Gang of 14" comes in. (Great name, and entirely fitting!)

Melon...ROTFL! Filibustering the Nuclear Option vote! I choked on my iced tea reading that!

The sad thing is, it might yet happen....
But we've already seen the "Gang of 14" influencing Capitol Hill. Witness the stem-cell vote. I think it MIGHt force a gradual change in metnality. We need a measure of breathing room. This is just a truce. It oculd go either way. The only thng that might keep the Gang of 14 in business is if we you and I, get off our duff and ring our Congressman and give them some positve feedback on the developments. "Positive reinforcement", as we teachers (or teachers in training) call it. Tell them we want to see MORE of this, onm a number if issues. It's important for them to know the public supports cdntrist climate and is willing to see it work...it'll help them if they know they're not working in a vacuum. (Geez, I'm sounding like Jamila now)

Old 05-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Great article..there is hope.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/26/op...html?th&emc=th