Felons vote Democratic, national study says - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Let's see... Al Sharpton feels he needs to raise hell over some crazy five year old child who couldn't otherwise be restrained.
The GOP felt the need to raise hell over Elian Gonzalez whose Cuban father wanted him back. I guess "family values" only extends to Americans and those who aren't part of a crucial ethnic demographic in Florida.

Quote:
The lefties freak out as John Kerry campaigns to kill terrorists.
A sweeping generalization calls for a specific example.

Quote:
California politicians are stiff and politically correct on illegal immigration.
President Bush condemned those civilian border patrol people, and American corporations make probably hundreds of millions of dollars a year off of illegal immigration. You have a Republican President and a Republican Congress who have ignored the issue of illegal immigration for years, and they are the ones who must set effective immigration law and enforce them. The states can only bring up the issue. You can't blame the big bad Democrats anymore. You have your "majority."

Quote:
Dylan Pardo gets raped, but democrats object to toughen penalties for teenage rapists.
If it were up to Republicans, every criminal would be executed. And every high-profile case gets the usual salvo of "toughening penalties."

Quote:
Conservatives on the other hand favor strong law enforcement, while liberals tend to cheer on the legalization camp and bargain for lenient sentences.
Conservatives are just out for blood. Not every criminal conviction warrants throwing someone in maximum security prison forever and ever. Add that to their rabidly religious tendencies, and liberals just get a right to call them "hypocrites."

As I see it, the difference between conservatives and liberals are that conservatives "talk" morality, while liberals "live" morality. Looking at the low divorce rates in New England versus the high divorce rates in the Bible Belt, I don't think my sweeping generalization is that far off either.

Melon

Old 05-12-2005, 05:41 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:16 PM
What melon said--here in Alabama, people are divorcing like it's going out of style. And it's not. Our definition of morality is definitely different than it is in other places. People here generally don't give a damn about divorce.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:43 AM   #48
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:16 AM
Quote:
Let's see... Al Sharpton feels he needs to raise hell over some crazy five year old child who couldn't otherwise be restrained. The lefties freak out as John Kerry campaigns to kill terrorists. California politicians are stiff and politically correct on illegal immigration. Dylan Pardo gets raped, but democrats object to toughen penalties for teenage rapists. Conservatives on the other hand favor strong law enforcement, while liberals tend to cheer on the legalization camp and bargain for lenient sentences.
Hold on, let me put my boots on, it's getting thick in here.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
As I see it, the difference between conservatives and liberals are that conservatives "talk" morality, while liberals "live" morality.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
President Bush condemned those civilian border patrol people, and American corporations make probably hundreds of millions of dollars a year off of illegal immigration. You have a Republican President and a Republican Congress who have ignored the issue of illegal immigration for years, and they are the ones who must set effective immigration law and enforce them. The states can only bring up the issue. You can't blame the big bad Democrats anymore. You have your "majority."
No, Bush hasn't done the job the way he should, but I would suggest that it has more to do with winning the Hispanic vote than the "evil corporation" theory.

Quote:
If it were up to Republicans, every criminal would be executed. And every high-profile case gets the usual salvo of "toughening penalties."
That's just as foul as me insinuating that if it were up to the democrats, they would pamper every criminal. The California law doesn't even define drug rape as rape, at least from what I've been hearing, if you're unconscious, it's not considered rape.

Quote:
Conservatives are just out for blood. Not every criminal conviction warrants throwing someone in maximum security prison forever and ever. Add that to their rabidly religious tendencies, and liberals just get a right to call them "hypocrites."
I would say that victimless crimes don't meet the standards of a maximum security prison, but hard crimes like rape, murder, etc. deserve life in prison at minimum.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
That's just as foul as me insinuating that if it were up to the democrats, they would pamper every criminal.
And didn't you do exactly that? You reap what you sow, and if you can dish out the muck, expect me to fling it right back.

Melon
Old 05-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I didn't insinuate that they "pamper" them, but that they are SOFT on them, and seemingly, their stances appeal to them.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I didn't insinuate that they "pamper" them, but that they are SOFT on them, and seemingly, their stances appeal to them.
Same difference. I'm tempted to bring back a certain smiley...

Melon
Old 05-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
That's just as foul as me insinuating that if it were up to the democrats, they would pamper every criminal. The California law doesn't even define drug rape as rape, at least from what I've been hearing, if you're unconscious, it's not considered rape.
I live in california, and that's not true at all. Maybe you should research things before you post them as fact.