Felons vote Democratic, national study says - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Do you think only criminals' votes have been omitted?

Melon
Why the democratic party chooses to target criminals so blatantly is beyond me. If you commit a serious crime, it's your own fault for isolating yourself from a free society. Sorry, no sympathy here.
__________________

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #32
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America
We don't restrict voting by intelligence(which maybe isn't a bad idea ))
Oh, I like this idea.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 04:53 AM
yeah...but then we get to the whole disenfranchising voters thing when blacks were forced to take tests before they could vote...
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Why the democratic party chooses to target criminals so blatantly is beyond me. If you commit a serious crime, it's your own fault for isolating yourself from a free society. Sorry, no sympathy here.
I think you're really stretching with this theory.

Why do you think a free man shouldn't be allowed to vote where his tax money goes?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
yeah...but then we get to the whole disenfranchising voters thing when blacks were forced to take tests before they could vote...
Nothing to do with race, everything to do with lawbreakers who commit serious crimes. Heck, they should be punished worse than they are right now.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


I think you're really stretching with this theory.

Why do you think a free man shouldn't be allowed to vote where his tax money goes?
If they've been given a strict enough punishment as a result of their felony, then fine. Let the states determine what is fair and just, as the Constitution calls for. If you've done your time, I suppose you can vote for the next bigshot from the democratic party. If you're still behind bars, you should be stripped of every right except your right to live and eat one meal a day.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Nothing to do with race, everything to do with lawbreakers who commit serious crimes. Heck, they should be punished worse than they are right now.
no i was responding to the intelligence bit.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat


no i was responding to the intelligence bit.
Understood at last.

Yes, I think that would only retrogress society back to the days when we forced tests on law abiding citizens.

Bad idea.

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:42 PM   #39
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
If they've been given a strict enough punishment as a result of their felony, then fine. Let the states determine what is fair and just, as the Constitution calls for.
I love how conservatives don't want to touch the constitution when it fits their theories, but want a change when it fits their "morals." The beauty of the constitution is it was designed so that it can be modified or changed when neccesary. I believe voting should be given to ALL free citizens over 18.

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe

If you're still behind bars, you should be stripped of every right except your right to live and eat one meal a day.
I agree that prisoners shouldn't be able to vote, but if you're paying taxes and living in a free society you should be able to vote, no way around it.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
The beauty of the constitution is it was designed so that it can be modified or changed when neccesary.
Besides this and the Electoral College, what else should we change?

(I don't mean to break from the topic)
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 06:26 PM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 11:53 PM
reminds me of a saying ...

"A conservative is someone who's been mugged; a liberal is someone who's been to jail."
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #42
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Besides this and the Electoral College, what else should we change?

(I don't mean to break from the topic)
Who knows something may occur 50 years from now something may occur tomorrow, we don't know. But it's been changing since it's conception. The only thing I can say is it needs to change to better society, to make society a freer society and not limit or make second class citizens.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Who knows something may occur 50 years from now something may occur tomorrow, we don't know. But it's been changing since it's conception. The only thing I can say is it needs to change to better society, to make society a freer society and not limit or make second class citizens.
Good enough.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Why the democratic party chooses to target criminals so blatantly is beyond me. If you commit a serious crime, it's your own fault for isolating yourself from a free society. Sorry, no sympathy here.
Who says that they target criminals? A GOP-sponsored study?

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


Who says that they target criminals? A GOP-sponsored study?

Melon
Let's see... Al Sharpton feels he needs to raise hell over some crazy five year old child who couldn't otherwise be restrained. The lefties freak out as John Kerry campaigns to kill terrorists. California politicians are stiff and politically correct on illegal immigration. Dylan Pardo gets raped, but democrats object to toughen penalties for teenage rapists. Conservatives on the other hand favor strong law enforcement, while liberals tend to cheer on the legalization camp and bargain for lenient sentences.
__________________

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com