Fellow Christians: My girlfriend and I need your help. - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2005, 09:14 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Well, you just said that no Christian can be possessed, several times.

The girl is apparently a Christian.

So according to you, she cannot be possessed, correct?

Or am I misreading things? I honestly never really studied this in any of my theology classes in any depth.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:14 PM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:06 PM
Trust me you don't turn "unsuicidal" over night. If she's been wrestling with it for 4 years, it's going to take time. So for you to say she isn't suicidal anymore reinforces my thoughts that you are very young, inexperienced, and naive.

Just get help somewhere outside of the two of you. God can work through pyscologists, preachers, counselors, etc in amazing ways.

Take it from someone who fought with suicide for years.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:15 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Re: Re: Re: I've never been able to figure this out.

Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

I agree. Not only are we consentrating on keeping the demons far far away from her, but we'rre trying to build back up in her what God gave her when she turned to him, a peaceful mind and hope for the future. If the help of another christian is needed to do that then that's ok with me, but I see no point in secular psychology.
thats why I suggested the help of a christian counselor instead of a secular one
From personal experience I actually benefitted from a christian one more than all the others I had been to before
She helped me see the root of my weaknesses and sought to help me confront stuff I didnt know was bothering me
Old 06-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Actually, being a Christian does mean you're saved, and clean. The Bible says that Christians are washed clean. I agree with you that demons can and will oppress Christians. But if you're saying that demons can take residence in a Christian and possess her, I disagree strongly.
Man I wish I had your beliefs, Im christian, now Im going to go sin all I want, but who cares Im christian Im already saved. All I know is that these unclean spirits try to possess the body of christians and non christians, just as they did in the times of Jesus, when Jesus cast them out, they wanted a body. And Ive seen it happen to Christians, so Im not just making this up, Ive seen it.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Or am I misreading things? I honestly never really studied this in any of my theology classes in any depth.
Yeah she's a christian. We prayed together as soon as all that stuff happened that night. She wasn't a christian when it happened though.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 PM   #81
She's the One

Local Time: 06:06 PM
What was she before it happened?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #82
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Could you explain why you see no point in it? Because honestly it baffles me. And don't give me that "it doesn't say anything about it in the bible" bs. It doesn't say anything about surgery in the bible, should we stay away from that? Nothing about computers either - I guess we shouldn't be using them either.

Unless you have some legitimate explanation that you can produce, then it seems apparent that your aversion to secular psychology is completely nonsensical.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

He siad he didn't think she was a Christian at the time. If that's the case, then certainly I believe there's a possibility she was possessed. I have a feeling that it doesn't happen as much anymore, but I believe it does happen.

However, if she was a Christian when this happened, then no, I don't believe she was possessed. She may be oppressed; you know - an external attack: demons gnawing at you, tempting you, telling you you're a no good bum and why don't you just kill yourself, telling you that you're worthless, etc. Demons are quite good at oppression.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
What was she before it happened?
I believe she was unsaved. A couple years ago we had prayed "the prayer" together, but I think since then she had really fallen away. It's hard for me to say for sure whether I believe a christian can be possessed or not, but I can tell you I'm pretty sure that she had fallen away from God.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #85
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Don't you see, martha? The only problem is that a demon got her. It had nothing to do with her past, nothing to do with psychological problems, nothing to do with the arguing, nothing to do with anything. She was a Christian before, but since Christians can't be possessed, and since it is so obviously a demon that possessed her, the only logical explanation is that she must've not been a Christian just for the moment the demon possessed her. But of course she is now a Christian again.

Obviously.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
Could you explain why you see no point in it? Because honestly it baffles me. And don't give me that "it doesn't say anything about it in the bible" bs. It doesn't say anything about surgery in the bible, should we stay away from that? Nothing about computers either - I guess we shouldn't be using them either.

Unless you have some legitimate explanation that you can produce, then it seems apparent that your aversion to secular psychology is completely nonsensical.
The reason I'm saying that (as I stated before) is because the problem of the Devil and demon possession s strictly supernatural and cannot be diagnosed or cured scientifically. Psychology is the science of the mind. This has nothing to do with science, it's supernatural warfare.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:22 PM   #87
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

bullshit. You yourself said she had a troubled past with abuse. That has EVERYTHING to do with psychological well-being.

And if you honestly believe that this was nothing more than a demon possession with nothing psychological leading up to it, then I must side with BVS, you are young, inexperienced and naive in this matter and for the well-being of your girlfriend you owe it to her and to God that she receive proper care.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #88
She's the One

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Don't you see, martha? The only problem is that a demon got her. It had nothing to do with her past, nothing to do with psychological problems, nothing to do with the arguing, nothing to do with anything. She was a Christian before, but since Christians can't be possessed, and since it is so obviously a demon that possessed her, the only logical explanation is that she must've not been a Christian just for the moment the demon possessed her. But of course she is now a Christian again.

Obviously.
I see.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
bullshit. You yourself said she had a troubled past with abuse. That has EVERYTHING to do with psychological well-being.
I believe that God can heal her of any psychological damage she's accumulated over the years. God says that he will give her peace of mind, and I believe him. You can call me a fool for puting so mucg faith into God, but then I think you'd be calling every believer a fool.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:06 PM
lets not turn this into a pissing match, please guys?
Ive read that opression can appear as possession, if the person is weak or whatnot
Ive also read about this story in the bible where in the time of Paul when he was casting out demons, some people tried copying him and went about casting out demons themselves in the name of Jesus. The demon said I know of Jesus and Paul but I dont know you. then the demon attacked the men and left them bleeding
Sometimes is good to have somebody spiritually stronger than yourself around to help