Fellow Christians: My girlfriend and I need your help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC, WHERE did you get that cartoon.

That may be the best footer I've EVER seen. CAN I PLEASE DOWNLOAD THAT?????????:wink:

Look, I got lost somewhere around page 3, and honestly I've never really thought about demon posession, but I DO beleive that Satan exists and daily battles with God over us. I do think that if you are in a particularily vulnerable state, he will fund some way to try to break our will. Personally, I think depression is his most effective weapon, and a lot of the time it works. It's like the insidious power of the Ring.

I will defenitely pray for the two of you. I believe in the power of group prayer. Let's get this thread back on course, people. We have two good people crying out for help, and we need to rally aorund them and give support--NOT turn this into a selfish arena for personal agendas. Whatever you believe, you can pray. And group prayer works. Of course, we don't know for sure, but I am absolutely concvinced that the group prayers of fans had a divine effect, with Edge's daughter 5 months ago. Other sites had threads set up for people in church groups praying for her. I reallt beleive they had a positive effect. This couple needs to seek professional help, but divine help won't hurt either.

Teta040 said:
And group prayer works. Of course, we don't know for sure, but I am absolutely concvinced that the group prayers of fans had a divine effect, with Edge's daughter 5 months ago. Other sites had threads set up for people in church groups praying for her. I reallt beleive they had a positive effect. This couple needs to seek professional help, but divine help won't hurt either.

Of course prayer works.

But you can bet your ass that Edge also employed the finest medical doctors he can afford. He didn't whine about his little one's condition, then claim that just he and a Bible could cure her.

martha said:
But you can bet your ass that Edge also employed the finest medical doctors he can afford. He didn't whine about his little one's condition, then claim that just he and a Bible could cure her.

Seeking the help of doctors is indeed the wise thing, along with prayer. God gave doctors their wisdom.

However, when doctors and medicines aren't sufficient, God sometimes performs the miraculous. That's how my Dad cheated death.

XHendrix24 said:
Shart, at the very least, get some kind of help from someone. Be it a pastor or a Christian counselor, at least get someone's help. Do not go about this alone, with just you and your girlfriend.

That being said, you two will be in my prayers.

My take on this:
She wasn't possessed because she was not a devil worshipper, she was harrassed/opprerssed by a evil spirit that found her in a vulnerable way.

Satan has been around for thousands and thousands of years is quite clever, and looks for openings..
One of his biggest lies is that he doesn't exist and you're messed up in the head if you feel an evil presence etc.
Satan looks for the most opportune moment to strike. If you believe there is no devil than he doesn't care because he already has you buffaloed anyway.

One of the members posted that since one of Christ's apostles was a Physician, that it's ok to seek both forms of help. Luke was a Dr and medical help can help or a good psychologist/church counselor.. I agree with that.

Shart, I feel bad that some members tried to down play the terrific horror you must of felt that evening. It was real, you're not nuts, nor is your sweetheart.

I will pray for you and sweetheart.
You have friends here, all with good intentions. I'm sure you make the right decision in helping your sweetheart.

God Bless,

diamond

diamond said:
One of the members posted that since one of Christ's apostles was a Physician, that it's ok to seek both forms of help. Luke was a Dr and medical help can help or a good psychologist/church counselor.. I agree with that.

Let me try to understand you correctly. BECAUSE one of Christ's apostles was a physician - this makes it ok to seek medical help. So if none of Christ's apostles were phyiscians - then it wouldn't be ok.

Is that seriously the argument you are adopting here?

financeguy said:

Let me try to understand you correctly. BECAUSE one of Christ's apostles was a physician - this makes it ok to seek medical help. So if none of Christ's apostles were phyiscians - then it wouldn't be ok.

Is that seriously the argument you are adopting here?

Nobody is arguing, but your tone sounds suspect.
That said, my point was not that because Luke was a doc that it's ok to seek medical help.
My point was if Shart had doubts about combining all avenues of help for his girlfriend that he might take comfort in knowing this.

It doesnt matter if Christ's Apostles were fishermen, tax collectors or used car salesmen..

God blessed us in many different ways to help us help ourselves, medical science being one of those blessings.

I was only trying to comfort a member here.

Are we clear?

thanks,
db9

Last edited:
I thought I should give you guys an update :)

She has been doing MUCH better! Her and I have been reading the Bible and praying daily and she's become much less depressed. She's seeking out a church and she said she fount a college group with amazingly nice people who are really on fire for God. She's getting much closer to God (as am I) and that can only be a good thing.

:)

Thanks for your prayers everyone. I know they helped.

I will pray for both of you. But no matter what you finally decide it was, like others have told u, take her to get psychological help. Remember- God and medicine are one in the same.

80sU2isBest said:

Seeking the help of doctors is indeed the wise thing, along with prayer. God gave doctors their wisdom.

However, when doctors and medicines aren't sufficient, God sometimes performs the miraculous. That's how my Dad cheated death.

We agree on something. :hyper:

What could it signify? :eyebrow:

shart1780 said:

She has been doing MUCH better! Her and I have been reading the Bible and praying daily and she's become much less depressed. She's seeking out a church and she said she fount a college group with amazingly nice people who are really on fire for God. She's getting much closer to God (as am I) and that can only be a good thing.

BUT...the million dollar question...

Have you begin seeking out ways of professional help for her?

shart1780 said:

She has been doing MUCH better!

Shart,
Thats's wonderful news.

Here's lyrics to a hynm that my father loved, you may know it:

Ere you left your room this morning,
Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Savior,
Did you sue for loving favor,
As a shield today?

O how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day;
So when life seems dark and dreary,
Don’t forget to pray.

And glad to hear things are better. :up:

db9

DaveC said:

BUT...the million dollar question...

Have you begin seeking out ways of professional help for her?

I asked her if she wanted to seek help yet and she said no. So far everything seems to be great, but if things start going downhill I'll insist that we get help.

And thanks for that hymn. I really like the lyrics. I may have to find some place to download it heh heh...

Shart--good news indeed! :) I do feel strongly that you, as you say, should insist on help if her suicidal feelings persist.

I'm not an expert, but I think some suicidal persons/clinically depressed personsl can be quite good at hiding it. So it might not be a bad idea to encourage her to seek help as strongly as possible.

You're both in my prayers. :)

Shart glad to hear the update. Sounds good:up:

Remember that often people that say they don't want help are the ones that need it the most. People that are suicidal are remarkably good at hiding it.

Continued prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom