Fellow Christians: My girlfriend and I need your help. - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #241
Refugee

Local Time: 12:40 AM
DaveC, WHERE did you get that cartoon.

That may be the best footer I've EVER seen. CAN I PLEASE DOWNLOAD THAT?????????

Look, I got lost somewhere around page 3, and honestly I've never really thought about demon posession, but I DO beleive that Satan exists and daily battles with God over us. I do think that if you are in a particularily vulnerable state, he will fund some way to try to break our will. Personally, I think depression is his most effective weapon, and a lot of the time it works. It's like the insidious power of the Ring.

I will defenitely pray for the two of you. I believe in the power of group prayer. Let's get this thread back on course, people. We have two good people crying out for help, and we need to rally aorund them and give support--NOT turn this into a selfish arena for personal agendas. Whatever you believe, you can pray. And group prayer works. Of course, we don't know for sure, but I am absolutely concvinced that the group prayers of fans had a divine effect, with Edge's daughter 5 months ago. Other sites had threads set up for people in church groups praying for her. I reallt beleive they had a positive effect. This couple needs to seek professional help, but divine help won't hurt either.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:40 PM
Head to Google Images and search for "This Thread Sucks"...there's a bunch of similar ones.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #243
She's the One

Local Time: 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040
And group prayer works. Of course, we don't know for sure, but I am absolutely concvinced that the group prayers of fans had a divine effect, with Edge's daughter 5 months ago. Other sites had threads set up for people in church groups praying for her. I reallt beleive they had a positive effect. This couple needs to seek professional help, but divine help won't hurt either.
Of course prayer works.

But you can bet your ass that Edge also employed the finest medical doctors he can afford. He didn't whine about his little one's condition, then claim that just he and a Bible could cure her.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #244
ONE
love, blood, life

Free at last Martha?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #245
She's the One

Yep!!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:28 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
But you can bet your ass that Edge also employed the finest medical doctors he can afford. He didn't whine about his little one's condition, then claim that just he and a Bible could cure her.
Seeking the help of doctors is indeed the wise thing, along with prayer. God gave doctors their wisdom.

However, when doctors and medicines aren't sufficient, God sometimes performs the miraculous. That's how my Dad cheated death.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #247
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24
Shart, at the very least, get some kind of help from someone. Be it a pastor or a Christian counselor, at least get someone's help. Do not go about this alone, with just you and your girlfriend.

That being said, you two will be in my prayers.
My take on this:
She wasn't possessed because she was not a devil worshipper, she was harrassed/opprerssed by a evil spirit that found her in a vulnerable way.

Satan has been around for thousands and thousands of years is quite clever, and looks for openings..
One of his biggest lies is that he doesn't exist and you're messed up in the head if you feel an evil presence etc.
Satan looks for the most opportune moment to strike. If you believe there is no devil than he doesn't care because he already has you buffaloed anyway.

One of the members posted that since one of Christ's apostles was a Physician, that it's ok to seek both forms of help. Luke was a Dr and medical help can help or a good psychologist/church counselor.. I agree with that.

Shart, I feel bad that some members tried to down play the terrific horror you must of felt that evening. It was real, you're not nuts, nor is your sweetheart.

I will pray for you and sweetheart.
You have friends here, all with good intentions. I'm sure you make the right decision in helping your sweetheart.

God Bless,

diamond
Old 06-28-2005, 06:54 PM   #248
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
One of the members posted that since one of Christ's apostles was a Physician, that it's ok to seek both forms of help. Luke was a Dr and medical help can help or a good psychologist/church counselor.. I agree with that.
Let me try to understand you correctly. BECAUSE one of Christ's apostles was a physician - this makes it ok to seek medical help. So if none of Christ's apostles were phyiscians - then it wouldn't be ok.

Is that seriously the argument you are adopting here?
Old 06-28-2005, 07:01 PM   #249
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Let me try to understand you correctly. BECAUSE one of Christ's apostles was a physician - this makes it ok to seek medical help. So if none of Christ's apostles were phyiscians - then it wouldn't be ok.

Is that seriously the argument you are adopting here?
Nobody is arguing, but your tone sounds suspect.
That said, my point was not that because Luke was a doc that it's ok to seek medical help.
My point was if Shart had doubts about combining all avenues of help for his girlfriend that he might take comfort in knowing this.

It doesnt matter if Christ's Apostles were fishermen, tax collectors or used car salesmen..

God blessed us in many different ways to help us help ourselves, medical science being one of those blessings.

I was only trying to comfort a member here.

Are we clear?

thanks,
db9
Old 06-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #250
Blue Crack Addict

little know fact

Judas was a used chariot sales rep
Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #251
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
little know fact

Judas was a used chariot sales rep
Old 06-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #252
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I thought I should give you guys an update

She has been doing MUCH better! Her and I have been reading the Bible and praying daily and she's become much less depressed. She's seeking out a church and she said she fount a college group with amazingly nice people who are really on fire for God. She's getting much closer to God (as am I) and that can only be a good thing.

Thanks for your prayers everyone. I know they helped.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:21 PM   #253
The Fly

I will pray for both of you. But no matter what you finally decide it was, like others have told u, take her to get psychological help. Remember- God and medicine are one in the same.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:17 PM   #254
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Seeking the help of doctors is indeed the wise thing, along with prayer. God gave doctors their wisdom.

However, when doctors and medicines aren't sufficient, God sometimes performs the miraculous. That's how my Dad cheated death.
We agree on something.

What could it signify?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:29 PM   #255
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

We agree on something.

What could it signify?
The end of the world?