feeling alone my libs, see protest photos from DC & Other Places....... - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

What is this first come first serve freedom of speech?
Your freedom ends where another persons freedom begins. You can't use your freedom to negatively impact the freedom and rights of others.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:34 PM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Your freedom of speech does not give you the right to disrupt an event like the inauguration. Freedom of speech does not entitle you to say or do anything, anywhere, anytime, you please.
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
I don't see where a when, where, or what is defined.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #78
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Your freedom ends where another persons freedom begins. You can't use your freedom to negatively impact the freedom and rights of others.
Still haven't seen that defined. Please show me.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Well obviously you aren't going to reply to my other post, I didn't think you would. So I'll repeat myself.

THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REPRESENT ME!
You've made that clear to me. Have fun making that clear to half the voting population.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #80
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Have fun making that clear to half the voting population.
Well then they are ignorant. Just like I'd completely agree that anyone on the left would be ignorant if they judge all conservatives by Pat Robertson.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Well then they are ignorant. Just like I'd completely agree that anyone on the left would be ignorant if they judge all conservatives by Pat Robertson.
There are quite a few even on here that seem to compare conservatives to Robertson & Co. I can see why, because they don't share our views. Call it ignorant if you will, but a protester barging into the RNC with a sign that says "Bush lied and people died" doesn't appear much different from Al Sharpton at the DNC with his "Boot Bush" sign to a voter who is heavily monitoring both sides in order to make a decision. My point is that these protesters are hurting your party, whether they truly represent it or not. The protest for peace is well-intended, but it's tragic when you have people dying such as this: http://www.ktvu.com/news/2051138/detail.html. Realizing that it wasn't because people got out of hand, still, it generates bad publicity for Bush-opposers.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #82
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
There are quite a few even on here that seem to compare conservatives to Robertson & Co. I can see why, because they don't share our views. Call it ignorant if you will, but a protester barging into the RNC with a sign that says "Bush lied and people died" doesn't appear much different from Al Sharpton at the DNC with his "Boot Bush" sign to a voter who is heavily monitoring both sides in order to make a decision. My point is that these protesters are hurting your party, whether they truly represent it or not. The protest for peace is well-intended, but it's tragic when you have people dying such as this: http://www.ktvu.com/news/2051138/detail.html. Realizing that it wasn't because people got out of hand, still, it generates bad publicity for Bush-opposers.
Whatever

Oh and your link didn't go to any paticular story so I have no clue what your point was.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I guess the site doesn't direct you to it, I pulled it up on google again, even though I'm sure you're well aware of this incident.

Anti-War Protester Falls From Golden Gate Bridge

POSTED: 2:04 p.m. PST March 19, 2003

SAN FRANCISCO -- The male protester that apparently fell or jumped off of one of the towers on the Golden Gate Bridge has died, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said.

Chief Petty Officer Dan Brophy said the man was pronounced dead at 11:55 a.m.

Initial reports indicated the man was attempting to secure an anti-war banner on one of the tower of the bridge, however no banner has yet been found at the scene.

Guardsmen were on scene when the man either fell or jumped off the tower, falling about 220 feet from the center span to the bottom of the bridge, Brophy said.
Copyright 2003 by Bay City News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #84
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

No I hadn't heard about this. Tragic story, but has nothing to do with the subject at hand except that it happened to happen at a protest.

If some woman happened to have a baby at the protest and kept the child would that change conservatives mind about liberals in the positive?

You see these little scanarios that you claim are shaping the vision of a whole political party are ridiculous and silly.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:50 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

The term "Bush-opposers" is a catch-all phrase that can be applied to different kinds of people. It can refer to Democrats, radicals, Trotskyists, anarchists...............some of these people are given to confrontational tactics. Some are not. It's definitely a mistake to link these kooks to half the country.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
The term "Bush-opposers" is a catch-all phrase that can be applied to different kinds of people. It can refer to Democrats, radicals, Trotskyists, anarchists...............some of these people are given to confrontational tactics. Some are not. It's definitely a mistake to link these kooks to half the country.
It is a mistake, but it's a mistake that will be made.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It is a mistake, but it's a mistake that will be made.
Probably. Needless to say it's not one that makes me happy.