feeling alone my libs, see protest photos from DC & Other Places....... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 12:15 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 05:05 AM
The fact is he doesn't listen, and he is not a unifier as some were hoping he was going to reveal himself to be. And if people want to shout as protest they can do so; they want to be heard. If Bush didn't want people interrupting his speech, he should have held it in a private function, instead of holding it in a public area.

Ant.

Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 01-24-2005, 04:14 AM   #47
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
The fact is he doesn't listen, and he is not a unifier as some were hoping he was going to reveal himself to be. And if people want to shout as protest they can do so; they want to be heard. If Bush didn't want people interrupting his speech, he should have held it in a private function, instead of holding it in a public area.

Ant.

Old 01-24-2005, 04:18 AM   #48
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Or... they can watch anything else. They have that freedom. It's not like he's barging in to your living room.
This isn't a TV program, he's our president everything he does affects what's in our living rooms.
Quote:

The left as we know it is reiterating America as to why they lost the election.
Once again you let the actions of a few speak for half of america. Shame on you.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:41 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Wow, this is rather intense. It touches on one of Bush's traits, I think, which is, depending on your point of view, either stubbornness or steadfastness. Those of us with other viewpoints get frustrated because we don't think he's even acknowledging our existence. That's how I felt when I went out and demonstrated against the war in Iraq when I was running a fever on a cold day in February. It was a feeling of powerlessness. Personally, I don't see anything to be gained in disrupting someone's speech or meeting. I'm happy if you just give me a sign. Bush evokes strong emotions in people, positive in some and quite negative in others. I have a feeling that other Republicans, most notably John McCain and Rudy Giuliani, would be very different, they are better unifiers. Bush really is not a unifier, it's not one of his strengths. We understand that he was elected President, but we also understand that we have our rights and we're going to use them.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 AM   #50
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:05 AM
We were not yelling or inturrupting his speech. Where did I say that? Someone may have, but I didn't see it.

We were on the street as his limo went by and were yelling or chanting loud. No spitting, no throwing. And yes we had sign also.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:47 AM   #51
War Child

Protestign at the inauguration to show displeasure with the Gov't policies is a little silly, since Bush just got a mandate for those same policies not 2 months ago.

Looks like an expression of sore-lorerism more than anything else.

If only that energy could go into something positive and constructive, like how to re-build/re-focus the democratic party so that they don't get their lunch handed to them in the next election too.

A Kerry voter.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:51 AM   #52
New Yorker

It was an anti-war protest than a sore-loserism. Had nothing to do with being a Kerry supporter. At least the group I was participating with.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:58 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think protesting is necessarily "sore loser" stuff. It's self-expression. Some people honestly opposed the Iraq invasion, some people honestly oppose the gay marriage proposals, you can take John Kerry completely out of the equation and you've still got the beliefs.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I don't think protesting is necessarily "sore loser" stuff. It's self-expression. Some people honestly opposed the Iraq invasion, some people honestly oppose the gay marriage proposals, you can take John Kerry completely out of the equation and you've still got the beliefs.
I suppose this is correct, but I find it a little rude how some completely support the protesters' decisions to interrupt the president's speeches. Some of you claim the protester who barged into Madison Square Garden the night of the RNC was not a democrat. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but I would think that the undecided voters who saw this did not block it out of their memory. How far can you go without being obnoxious? This was downright obnoxious, it's a laugh that people are defending him, and he made a fool out of anyone who voted against Bush.

I will acknowledge that there are protesters out there who value their freedom of expression. There are those who use it properly, and there are those who abuse it. Would you rather be portrayed as a Ghandi like figure, or a Roy Moore type of figure? It's up to you, I hope for peaceful protests, if any protests must exist.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cardosino
Protestign at the inauguration to show displeasure with the Gov't policies is a little silly, since Bush just got a mandate for those same policies not 2 months ago.

Looks like an expression of sore-lorerism more than anything else.

If only that energy could go into something positive and constructive, like how to re-build/re-focus the democratic party so that they don't get their lunch handed to them in the next election too.

A Kerry voter.
This should have been typed in a larger font, boldface italics, because these notes should be taken.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #56
New Yorker

How old are you again?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #57
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
but I would think that the undecided voters who saw this did not block it out of their memory. How far can you go without being obnoxious? This was downright obnoxious, it's a laugh that people are defending him, and he made a fool out of anyone who voted against Bush.

First of all why would undecided voters make a decision based on this? That's like not voting Republican because some right wing nut job kills an abortion doctor. Who votes this way? You don't vote because you look at who else votes for this person (that just sounds like high school all over again, we wouldn't need issues). And if people do so then it's scary. Very scary.

Secondly get off the whole it made everyone who didn't vote for Bush a fool. WHERE DO GET THIS STUFF? That's some of the crappiest logic I've seen in awhile.

I'm not sure when you were granted the spokesperson for Republicans, but given some of your posts in the last few days you have no problem claiming that title. Next time you meet with your consituents make sure to tell them they are extremely small minded and ignorant if they are going to judge 57 million or so on the actions of a few. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
C-SPAN 2 showed a protest rally throughout the inauguration thursday.

Hi, U2D
I can't afford Cable TV yet {i miss it }. Glad you go to see some!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:17 PM   #59
War Child

Local Time: 06:05 AM
I never feel alone as a "lib" since there are millions upon millions of us.
People really need to put things in perspective.
They make it sound like we are the rebellion under the evil empire and there are only like 6 of us in a backroom somewhere.
This isn't some ragtag group of misfits, our leadership may be, but we are not.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Why would anyone protest the democratic election and inauguration of a president? The thing that most comes to mind when you see these images is hate. Hatred of the President and those that support him.
oh gee, I don't know- maybe because the election was stolen?

maybe because Pres Bush doesn't care about poor people, disabled people, most working people, or a healthy environment?

Gee, why would anybody want to protest about such 'unimportant' 'things'.