Feeding Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Reads Pat Robertson's statements* Mmhm...

Also, in regards to the comments underneath...

It amazes me how muslims kill a buch of innocent people and people take them far more seriously... Christians strive for peace and understanding and are hated for it....

:sigh: :banghead:... Some of those people's posts were...very interesting...

And...

Mr. Robertson, I cant wait for Jesus to come back, because when he does hes gonna slap the sh*t outta you...

:laugh:...I'm sorry, I know that's not nice, but...it was funny...

Anywho, back to discussion of Pat's comments.

Angela

i think God *is* angry.

angry at the people who claim that he told them to invade Iraq, or kill in his name, or hate in his name, or claim ownership of his true essence.

We've had worse natural disasters in the past. The world is not coming to an end, no matter what the Pharisees here might hope for.

Melon

On Bill Maher's show Friday night, Salman Rushdie said, "Well, I've been - I've been worrying about God a little bit lately. You know, it seems as if he's been lashing out, you know, destroying cities, annihilating places. And it seems like he's been in a bad mood, you know. And I think it has to do with the quality of lovers he's been getting. You know, if you look at the people who love God now, you know, if I was God, I'd need to destroy something."

:laugh:

joyfulgirl said:
On Bill Maher's show Friday night, Salman Rushdie said, "Well, I've been - I've been worrying about God a little bit lately. You know, it seems as if he's been lashing out, you know, destroying cities, annihilating places. And it seems like he's been in a bad mood, you know. And I think it has to do with the quality of lovers he's been getting. You know, if you look at the people who love God now, you know, if I was God, I'd need to destroy something."

:laugh:

Hehe, I saw that :D. Salman Rushdie seems like a pretty interesting person.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Salman Rushdie seems like a pretty interesting person.

he was hilarious!

i loved his solution to the "jerusalem problem": we should sell the city in kit form, so that everyone can have their own Jerusalem.

ha.

It is not the natural disasters, it is the fear the media is putting into the public by covering the natural disasters...

There's nothing new about natural disasters. People claimed that the year 1000 would be the end of the world, then they said the same thing about the Black Death, then said it about........fill in the blank.

verte76 said:
There's nothing new about natural disasters. People claimed that the year 1000 would be the end of the world, then they said the same thing about the Black Death, then said it about........fill in the blank.

i said it about the 2004 election if Bush won ... and just look at what's happening ...

:shifty:

I chuckle, because most all of the disasters we have in the U.S. are in the Bible Belt. If Pat Robertson is looking for God's wrath, maybe he's looking in all the wrong places.

The fact remains that all of these natural disasters are occurring in extremely logical places. When I see a Category 5 hurricane hit North Dakota, I'll then have to start wondering if God is a bit peeved.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom