Federal Divorce Amendment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LoveTown said:
I dunno if 5 years is good. I mean, one of my very best friend's husband started cheating on her 6 months after they were married...

I am just saying every marriage should end in 5 years.

That way a person should not have to cheat.
They can tough it out for five years and not renew the option then.

Your friend thought she was making a commitment for the rest of her life.

Do you think she would make a more careful choice on a 5-year auto lease than she did this guy.

well in her defense, he came off as an extremely loving and devoted husband. So...I guess if you buy a beautiful new car that runs smoothly during the test drive, especially if that test drive goes on for 2 years before you buy it...then it falls all to hell after you sign the loan papers....no, you cant be blamed.

that still doesnt solve the problem of domestic violence.

ending in 5 years? No, that would only make marriage an easier choice. It would be a get out of jail free card. People wouldnt try to make things work cuz they know in 5 years they could escape.

A divorce amendment is an oversimplification of the larger problem. When marriages are dissolved, the courts use an adversarial system - and then don't even enforce their own rules. The result is money wasted on attorneys; spouses encouraged to hate each other and children used as fodder for striking back at the other spouse.

They system desperately needs a change.

Back
Top Bottom