Fear of recruiting christians - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2007, 10:15 AM   #76
War Child

Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

This one.

Your own posts.
Still don't quite get what you mean, but, juse assume what you said is true, you clicked on this thread and read my post.

I did not follow you on your way home, nor stand at your door way with a monitor at my hand, and insist you to read them.

And I didn't gather a big group of people with candy on the hands with some files on the other, either.

You are welcome to join in this thread's discussion, or left it. It's only a several kilobyte of data in the cyber world.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:18 PM
So it's only different when you do it in person?

You're treading a thin line verging on the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #78
She's the One

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by butter7
You are welcome to join in this thread's discussion, or left it. It's only a several kilobyte of data in the cyber world.
WTF does this mean? I'm fully in this thread's discussion. Too damn bad if you don't like what I say.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #79
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
So it's only different when you do it in person?

You're treading a thin line verging on the pot calling the kettle black.
It's different because it is a internet forum, designed for discussion, where you can: curse me, say all the dirty words to me, do everything you like to express your anger (without typing a word down, and I wouldn't see it...isn't it wonderful? )

or reply, to make your voice heard by others.

And I won't get it personal and won't get upset. Because I knew it's only a discussion. A discussion only worth well when there are different opinion. And in that sence I really appreciate everyone's post/reply.

However, it is your choice to read it and participat, or just walk away, read something make you feel more comfortable and entertaining.

I did not insist you have to read anything I typed. So don't say that I try to sell it to you, because I didn't.

And I will repeat, it is a discussion, so don't get it personal.If you uncool about other people's opinion, it's gonna make you look stupid, IMHO.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #80
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

WTF does this mean? I'm fully in this thread's discussion. Too damn bad if you don't like what I say.
I respect what you said, honestly.

If I made you misunderstood something, please pardon me on that, since English isn't my first language.

The sentence you quote simply means, it is just a person's choice to join in or leave. Join in won't make anyone a superhero, leave won't make any difference, either.

You make it sound like if I took a 2 days off to work on some other project and have to left the internet, by the time I came back, everyone is going to call me a loser? Funny, don't you think?

I don't even know who you are, why should I care about you, personally?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #81
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

And I will repeat, it is a discussion, so don't get it personal.If you uncool about other people's opinion, it's gonna make you look stupid, IMHO.
You mean like:

Quote:
Any one here (atheist) want to try to "save" one or two religious people from their fairy tale addictions?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #82
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Yes this is a discussion forum. But this wasn't a thread discussing the existence of God, so you invited yourself to make it that way, just like these people invited themselves to discuss Jesus.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #83
War Child

Quote:

You mean like:

Take one sentence out from a whole post isn't the right way to understand what one person trying to say, do you agree?

Plus, didn't you notice the beautiful double quote? And I think this punctuation basically means some thing not true or opposite; when a person using this kind of punctuation in one sentence, it will mean that this person is writing something in a joking way?

Isn't this taught in primary school?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #84
War Child

Quote:
Yes this is a discussion forum. But this wasn't a thread discussing the existence of God, so you invited yourself to make it that way, just like these people invited themselves to discuss Jesus.
I recommend you to read my previous post (the one you quoted), carefully.

It is not about Jesus or god.

That post, is opinion which I wanted to discuss with people here, about the linkage between the methodology which majority missionaries use and and the scientific/psychological truth that widely accepted about the way human brain works.. All I was saying is that the method they used fits the way that scientific truth, therefore, in theory, it would be very easy for them to achieve the objectives.

And I was just curious if the same methodology been used by the people who have opposite opinions, what result that might produce?

If it was a one way thing, or it could go other way around?

Because I'm not a psychologiest or a brain scientist, or expert on human behaviour, so I couldn't answer these questions.

Don't just let you nerve break whenever you saw an atheist typing the world Jesus or God down. For me, it's really no much different from other word, like chocolate, air, people, dice...they all neutral, because they are nouns.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Take one sentence out from a whole post isn't the right way to understand what one person trying to say, do you agree?

Plus, didn't you notice the beautiful double quote? And I think this punctuation basically means some thing not true or opposite; when a person using this kind of punctuation in one sentence, it will mean that this person is writing something in a joking way?

Isn't this taught in primary school?
Your intent was pretty clear. And no, " " does not mean "not true".

You can use them to acutually quote someone, or you can use them to satire someone's use of the word(which your example did).

Regardless they don't mean "not true", and even if they did you didn't place "fairy tale addicitons" in quotes, so how were we to believe that part to be a joke?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #86
War Child

Quote:

Your intent was pretty clear. And no, " " does not mean "not true".

You can use them to acutually quote someone, or you can use them to satire someone's use of the word(which your example did).

Regardless they don't mean "not true", and even if they did you didn't place "fairy tale addicitons" in quotes, so how were we to believe that part to be a joke?
fairy tale addicitons is true, I mean that.

I did meet some people who talks only based on one ancient book, and I do admire the ability that they could get the two words (which you seems don't want to see me type down, so I avoid using them, hope that makes you feel better) in every sentence they say!

...Glad no one in this forum talks this way though.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #87
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Don't just let you nerve break whenever you saw an atheist typing the world Jesus or God down.
Well you're missing my point by a mile. Do you think I'm getting upset because you are an athiest talking about Jesus? If so, you're completely wrong.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #88
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

fairy tale addicitons is true, I mean that.

And you don't consider that a personal attack to people who believe?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #89
War Child

Quote:

Well you're missing my point by a mile. Do you think I'm getting upset because you are an athiest talking about Jesus? If so, you're completely wrong.
Cool, much reliefed.

The least thing I'd ever wanted is someone take a pure theoretically discussion up to personal level.

It made me want to abandon the discussion immediately, but somehow felt guilty for upset someone that I don't even know.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #90
War Child

Quote:

And you don't consider that a personal attack to people who believe?
No....why?