FBI Probing Suspected Israeli Spy at Pentagon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
From Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The FBI is investigating a Pentagon analyst suspected of being an Israeli spy who passed secret documents about Iran to the Jewish state, U.S. government sources said Friday.

The officials told Reuters the analyst was connected to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's office and is suspected of passing the documents to Israel via the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the powerful pro-Israel lobby in Washington.

The sources declined to identify the suspect and said no one had been arrested and no charges brought.

Interesting :hmm:

Hmmm, the same FBI who's ME translators celebrated 9/11.

This is indeed an interesting development, however I have some doubts about these allegations until the facts are out in the open, there are many differnt forms of espionage and it is better to be certain.

If this indeed is an operation against the DoD least this information was against a common foe, I would be very happy if tomorrow the IAF bombed Irans nuclear facilites to kingdom come,.

Last edited:
I don't want a war in Iran. I don't like the people who run the country, but I also don't like the people who are running the Sudan, to put it mildly. Zimbabwe is ruled by a monster.

Oh I dont intend for there to be war, but I think that war would be an inevitability in a country run by religious monsters that possess nuclear weapons and the clear intent of annihilating every Jew in the Middle East. A short term upset of wiping out that possibility is worth it considering the alternative.

I think that war would be an inevitability in a country run by religious monsters that possess nuclear weapons

There are many who have this grave concern--

But, Iran is not on their minds.

I also fear that war with Iran is inevitable...I've always thought that it was more dangerous than Iraq. Even if Kerry were president I don't know if all the diplomacy in the world could prevent war with Iran, whether we go in the next year or the next 100 years :(

Israeli Diplomat Reported to Have Met American Under Investigation for Spying
Sonya Pace

Jerusalem
30 Aug 2004, 21:34 UTC

Israel says it is not spying on the United States following reports that a Pentagon analyst, under FBI investigation for passing secret information to Israel on Iran, met with a senior Israeli diplomat in Washington.

Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom denied that Israel has done anything wrong. He said relations between the two countries are so close that they routinely share classified information. He said meetings between diplomats and employees of the two governments are not out of the ordinary.

Mr. Shalom's comments follow reports that a senior Israeli diplomat in Washington met with Pentagon analyst, Larry Franklin, who's been the focus of an FBI investigation for possibly passing classified information on Iran on to Israel.

There are also reports that the powerful Israeli lobby group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, may have been involved as a conduit. The group has denied any wrongdoing.

Back
Top Bottom