FBI Looking for 5 men...... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:04 PM
Normal

oh my god you're back.

Old 01-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite

I just shit my pants..

Demerol.. Am I the only one to catch this?.. That's a funny joke.. Kinda like Cusak's joke in American Sweethearts about the Valium.

That's some original thinking there chap.

Mr. Pink
No really, I took some!!!!!

You give me to much credit!

Old 01-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #33
She's the One

Local Time: 04:04 PM
What a huge surprise. In the LA Times, buried in the front section, was a little blurb about this whole thing indeed being a "hoax" from some informant in Canada who was in trouble anyway.

I'm so glad our ever-vigilant FBI knows who is pulling its chain and who is serious.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:23 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

We can always do better than the FBI the day after the incident.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:55 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
What a huge surprise. In the LA Times, buried in the front section, was a little blurb about this whole thing indeed being a "hoax" from some informant in Canada who was in trouble anyway.

I'm so glad our ever-vigilant FBI knows who is pulling its chain and who is serious.
This is such a win win for those who like to criticize the FBI, CIA.

If they do nothing and something happens....Then we can criticize them for not doing their jobs.

If they do something and nothing happens we can criticize them for causing alarm over nothing.

Maybe nothing has happened in our country since 9/11 is because they have been doing their jobs? Maybe the reason this was such a big alert is because they thought someone actually got through?

Peace
Old 01-07-2003, 01:35 PM   #36
She's the One

My objection is the climate of fear that has been fostered by this administration. That lets them get away with so much more than they'd be allowed to without it.

"If they stop just one terrorist act, all the repession is worth it."

Bullshit.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:28 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

I am curious...who are you quoting in your statement?

Peace
Old 01-07-2003, 03:48 PM   #38
She's the One

It's more of a paraphrase of all the people who will defend and/or put up with that kind if thing.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Ahhhh...

So anyone who supports the FBI or Law Enforcement Agency supports oppression?

Old 01-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #40
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Ahhhh...

So anyone who supports the FBI or Law Enforcement Agency supports oppression?

No. Anyone who blindly believes all that they're told by the FBI or any LEA is a fool for doing so. I'm all for the FBI when they act on solid leads and go after actual living, breathing criminals.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:01 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:04 PM

I don't "blindly" believe everything I am told by anyone, but if Canadian and U.S. law enforcement agencies had reason to believe this informant's lead during the holiday season, then I appreciate their efforts to inform the public of the potential danger.

And dreadsox is right: if security were not increased and there had been additional attacks, people would be calling for Bush's resignation for not averting another tragedy.

~U2Alabama
Old 01-07-2003, 11:54 PM   #42
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
Canadian and U.S. law enforcement agencies had reason to believe this informant's lead during the holiday season, then I appreciate their efforts to inform the public of the potential danger.

This has been the problem, Bama. They have been feeding us these "threats" for months now. They are always just threats. The "Homeland Security" Office, or whatever that thing is called, will issue "warnings" and admit that they have no idea when, where, or what may happen. It usually turns out that it was one those slobs down in the prison camp in Cuba pulling someone's chain again. Like this thing in Canada was. The press release somewhere above was full of maybes and probablies. Even the FBI's release was full of those contingency words. If they'd stop trying to scare us, and only release good, solid leads, maybe more of this would be taken seriously.

Or maybe there aren't any good solid leads. And then their budget would be cut.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:09 AM   #43
Refugee

Local Time: 12:04 AM
Quote:

This has been the problem, Bama. They have been feeding us these "threats" for months now. They are always just threats. The "Homeland Security" Office, or whatever that thing is called, will issue "warnings" and admit that they have no idea when, where, or what may happen. It usually turns out that it was one those slobs down in the prison camp in Cuba pulling someone's chain again. Like this thing in Canada was. The press release somewhere above was full of maybes and probablies. Even the FBI's release was full of those contingency words. If they'd stop trying to scare us, and only release good, solid leads, maybe more of this would be taken seriously.

Or maybe there aren't any good solid leads. And then their budget would be cut.
I don't see it as trying to scare us. More of like the Amber alerts (for kidnapping victims) they started here in Ca and elsewhere. They really have helped save people, and they know they can't overdue it or people will stop paying attention.

We're scared aplenty, anyway, with forced baggage checks, missile defense systems being proposed, and don't forget the necessary gun in the bedroom to protect from robbers and rapists. On the other hand, our tolerance can backfire if we stay too ingenuous.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:39 AM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

This is the Fire Alarm effect that I mentioned above. I can agree with this statement in principle.

I can't understand the leap from this to your made up quote.

Thank you for clarifying your position. I think, they fear for their jobs if we have another attack and they had not warned or done enough in the public's mind to stop it. There would be a witchhunt going on right now, if the Republicans had not gained control of the house and the Senate. Now, I think it will not happen, or if it does it will not be an investigation onto 9/11 as deep as they would have had. There were many major problems with 9/11 and the failures of the FBI/CIA. This stretches back to Clinton's Administration and continued with the Bush Administration. I think that from my readings there were many little leads that 9/11 was going to happen, and they did put it all together. Now they react (overly so if you wish) because they do not want to get caught without having done nothing. I truly believe that they would have done anything to change 9/11 if they could have. I hope things get better.....

Peace
Old 01-08-2003, 11:46 AM   #45
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by DebbieSG

More of like the Amber alerts (for kidnapping victims) they started here in Ca and elsewhere. They really have helped save people, and they know they can't overdue it or people will stop paying attention.

These relate to actual crimes committed by actual living people, not made-up threats.