FBI Investigating Beating Of Suspect By LA Police Officers - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:31 PM
my bad, i thought the police were supposed to serve and protect, not strike and pulverize.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Does anyone here think being a cop is an easy job? Just curious. Many of you bash the cops on here but I bet you dollars to donuts that if you ever needed one, you would be pretty pissed off if they didn't repond

Old 11-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Abomb-baby
Does anyone here think being a cop is an easy job? Just curious. Many of you bash the cops on here but I bet you dollars to donuts that if you ever needed one, you would be pretty pissed off if they didn't repond
Has anyone here said it's easy? Has anyone bashed cops?

I have seen outrage over abuse of power, but that's about it.

Wow, you assume quite a bit.

And I bet you dollars to donuts if it was you or a family member at the abusive end of an excessive fist or taser you'd be upset as well.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #19
The Fly

Thats why I asked the question...I haven't assumed anything, unlike some here who have assumed that this was blatant abuse. I don't know if it was or not. I do know that they didn't have the guy handcuffed and he wasn't complying, though.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:57 PM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Quote:
I haven't assumed anything, unlike some here who have assumed that this was blatant abuse. I don't know if it was or not. I do know that they didn't have the guy handcuffed and he wasn't complying, though.
You assumed we bash cops.

And I'm not assuming it was abuse I can see the guy was going nowhere nor could he have attacked. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and moving pictures are worth a lot more...
Old 11-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
That is a very suggestive statement.

A) My uncle is one of the highest ranked police officers in one of the most crime ridden cities in the United States. What does that tell ya?

B) Yes, I have called 911 once when I was left stranded in a very high crime area of DC. They hung up on me and refused to help me. On another occasion I was actually put on HOLD.

C) Cops is an offensive term, just ask any police officer.

I respect the field and the work involved. As with just about any institution, there is some corruption, and could definitely use some re-vamping in terms of ensuring it is fulfilling it's mission to the best of it's ability. If we as citizens didn't critique flawed systems, then this wouldn't be the supposed "free country" that we live in. Being law abiding and respectful doesn't mean being a tool.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #22
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami
[B]

C) Cops is an offensive term, just ask any police officer.

/B]

Umm, I'm not sure where you get that idea from, but I have 3 friends that are cops and they often refer to themselves as cops when talking to others about there jobs.

Do I think there are cops who abuse their power? Absolutely. Is this one of those instances? I don't know. I guess thats why they have Internal affairs to figure that out.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Umm, I'm not sure where you get that idea from, but I have 3 friends that are cops and they often refer to themselves as cops when talking to others about there jobs.
It's not an idea, it was told to me by the police officers I work with. Perhaps that is a cultural or geographical difference. But here it is understood to NEVER use that term.

Quote:
Do I think there are cops who abuse their power? Absolutely. Is this one of those instances? I don't know. I guess thats why they have Internal affairs to figure that out.
That doesn't mean we can't discuss it amongst ourselves. Obviously we aren't the ones making the decisions in the police departments. Is free thinking a crime now?