Father boxes with, kills 3 year old son ... worried son was gay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:
It shows that heterosexuals can be bad parents, that's for sure. This in a state that has deemed homosexuals to be dangerous to children, by default.

Melon

yeppers.

I was a better mother to my cat.

And I'm so sorry Blu about your miscarriage. It's a shame when decent human beings like yourself can't conceive but any mouth-breathing loser can have a boat-load children.

melon said:
It shows that heterosexuals can be bad parents, that's for sure. This in a state that has deemed homosexuals to be dangerous to children, by default.

Melon

Who ever said only gays are bad parents...?

shart1780 said:

Of course the father would have been perfectly sane if it weren't for the fact his son was gay!

How do you know his son was gay?:huh:

The fact is this apparently happen because he feared his son was gay, this is what crap teachings and hate do to people.

shart1780 said:

Who ever said only gays are bad parents...?

the state of Florida.

the Republicans in the Texas Legislature.

any right wing Christianist political action group (Focus on the Family, Concerned Women for American, etc.)

Sen. Rick Santorum.

though i'll concede the word "only" -- it's not that only gay people make bad parents, the belief is that gay people are, by definition, bad parents. and while there are bad heterosexual parents, the only good possible parent is a heterosexual. and, to stretch this logic further, the "crisis" within American "families" (to borrow some rhetoric) is directly due to the existence of homosexuals. just ask Sen. Santorum.

Irvine511 said:
any right wing Christianist political action group (Focus on the Family, Concerned Women for American, etc.)

I'm really liking this term "Christianist," although "Christian Taliban" is more my style. :wink:

Melon

You people missed shart's point. What he asked, which none of you have answered, is

"Who says that ONLY gays are bad parents?"

Can you name any perosn who says that ONLY gays are bad parents?

80sU2isBest said:
You people missed shart's point. What he asked, which none of you have answered, is

"though i'll concede the word "only" -- it's not that only gay people make bad parents, the belief is that gay people are, by definition, bad parents. and while there are bad heterosexual parents, the only good possible parent is a heterosexual. and, to stretch this logic further, the "crisis" within American "families" (to borrow some rhetoric) is directly due to the existence of homosexuals. just ask Sen. Santorum."

Actually, anyone can be denied adoption. It's an arduous process.
I'm only playing devil's advocate. I know shart and 80s do not believe gays are bad parents or they are the only ones who are incapable of being good parents.

I cant really believe the semantics of this have been led to an argument. It seemed like shart's intial point was that the father is clearly fucked in the head regardless of the little boy's gender preference, which is of course stupid to debate in itself (though no one was) because what 3 year old is aware of their true selves.
:rolleyes:

80sU2isBest said:

i can name people who think that ALL gays are bad parents.

Angela Harlem said:
Actually, anyone can be denied adoption. It's an arduous process.
I'm only playing devil's advocate. I know shart and 80s do not believe gays are bad parents or they are the only ones who are incapable of being good parents.

True, anyone can be denied, but my point was that homosexuals are the only group of people in many states that are denied adoption JUST for who they are. Other words they aren't even allowed to apply...no other group has that problem.

:sad:

I thought this thread would be about the abuses children suffer.

Instead we got a repeat dose of the usual FYM arguments.

You need a license to own a pet, but any idiot can father a child.

nbcrusader said:
:sad:

I thought this thread would be about the abuses children suffer.

Instead we got a repeat dose of the usual FYM arguments.

You need a license to own a pet, but any idiot can father a child.

well, i tried. and i also wanted to make the point that homophobia kills.

too bad even that's too much for some people to handle.

I don't mean to jump up and down here with hob-nailed boots on, but I'd thought the main point of this thread was about the horrific murder of a toddler, as opposed to an argument concerning all the secondary issues around it (which obviously are also important and need addressing, but for 2/3 pages????)

You're right, homophobia can kill: that is disgraceful, and we all know it. In this case though, I would have thought the father was just severely demented, and would have probably killed sooner or later. Obviously I don't know that for a fact, but I think he killed his child because he's a psychotic freak, rather than just being homophobic. I thought that would be the issue here.

Back
Top Bottom